Ticketmaster / Fraudulent Charges For Leonard Cohen Tickets / Leonard Cohen Tickets sold on line in Texas

1 Nokia Theatre At Grand PrairieGrand Prairie, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877 787 5151

Hear Ye, Hear Ye, Hear Ye,
Ticketmaster charge my American Express Card for $718.00 for three Leonard Cohen Tickets on March 5, 2009. The website would not let me select needed features to understand what and the specific cost of a purchase or the option to use America Express points without inputing my Card Number and pushing the "continue" button on the bottom of the page. Upon pushing the "continue" button Ticketmaster charged my card without any opportunity to "finish, " "review, " "pay with American Express Points, " or in any other way comfirm my purchase or finalized the transaction. When I discover to my dismay that an UNAUTHORIZED CHARGE OF $718.00 was made to American Express for tickets that I did not intend to purchase without any option to back out of it online. I immediately phoned Ticketmaster to report the problem with the website and to have the unauthorized charge removed. The call was made with 5 minutes while I was still login to Ticketmaster website.
A Ticketmaster Customer Service Representative refused any assistance in correcting the UNAUTHORIZED CHARGE to the account indicating that his system would not allow him to remove Unauthorized Charges. I requested to speak to a manager or supervior who had the authority to override the mistaken charge. Customer Representatives Tim P. and Jeffery P. (names provide upon request) report that all superviors and managers were in a meeting and would have to call me later. I insisted to speak to a person in charge now. I was repeatedly told that no one was available. Before ending the call I had the promise of two Ticketmaster Customer Care Representatives that, at least one if not all, of the following persons (Irving Azoff, Sean Moriarty, Omar Sales, Tim Pennington, Philip Kaso), in management would call me to review the problem before the work day was finished in West Virginia where I was told Ticketmaster Customer Care is based. I am still waiting for the call promised on March 5, 2009, and it is now March 31, 2009. I do not yet have the Leonard Cohen tickets in question or a confirmation that my American Express will not be charge for 718.00 of charges not authorized by the card owner.
After repeated attempts to resolve the situation with Ticketmaster got no where but a run around and around and around. I then reported the unautorized charge to American Express. American Express Customer Care indicated that Ticketmaster had placed a block on my account for 718.00 and that American Express could do nothing until four days had pasted at which time Ticketmaster would have corrected the unauthorized charges or posted the charge. At the end of four days American Express would proceed to dispute the charge if Ticketmaster had not removed the charge. I wait. Called American Express again. The unauthorized charges continue to be disputed by the owner of the card and American Express. I wait some more...
Since March 5, 2009 Ticketmaster has be contacted online in writing at least three times. American Express continues to report that the matter is under investigation. The Leonard Cohen Event is this coming Friday, April 3, 2009. I have no tickets and no clarification about whether my credit card will be charged for the unautorized charges made by Ticketmasters website.
BUYER BEWARE OF USING TICKETMASTER PURCHASES ONLINE. GOOGLE for TICKETMASTER COMPLAINTS AND YOU WILL DISCOVER NUMEROUS OTHER PROBLEMS WITH TICKETMASTER ONLINE SERVICES. THE ISSUES ARE WIDE SPREAD ACROSS THE USA AND CANADA. CUSTOMERS, GOVERNMENTS, ATTORNEY GENERALS, AND EVEN ARTISTS HAVE COMPLAINTS AND PENDING INVESTIGATIONS.
I became informed of problems with Ticketmaster online services only after first hand experience with Ticketmasters preditory business practices.
Shame on Ticketmaster for failing to be a better business.
Take care not make yourself Ticketmaster's next victim.
Leonard Cohen are you paying attention to who is sharking you tickets.
American Express and other credit card companies appear to be a part of this growing problem by association with Ticketmaster and other business like Ticketmaster.
Buyer Beware!

Comments

• Br
      20th of Dec, 2010

So because you cant read Ticketmaster's website in which says when redeeming your points you will be charged at first, your claiming it was an error on there part.

Are you taking no fault here ?

Qualifying American Express Cardholders may redeem their Membership Rewards points for ticket purchases made online. American Express Membership Rewards® redemption is not available for Canadian events or for holders of Canadian American Express cards.

To qualify, you must:

Be enrolled in the U.S. Membership Rewards Program.
    Have enough Membership Rewards points to cover the entire cost of purchase.
    Be in good standing with American Express.

Initially, your American Express Card will be charged for your purchase. If you qualify, American Express will debit Membership Rewards points, then issue a credit to the primary Card enrolled in the program. Membership Rewards points will be redeemed at an approximate rate of 200 points for $1 US Dollar.

Orders failing to qualify will remain charged on your American Express Card and are valid and subject to the venue's and Ticketmaster's no refund/no exchange policy.

If you are unsure of your Rewards points balance please contact Membership Rewards at 1-800-297-3276 or visit www.americanexpress.com/rewards