Ticket Liquidator / Overcharging

1 Vernon Rockville, CT, United States Review updated:

Ticket liquidator adverised spring training baseball tickets at $47.00 each, plus $8.70 per ticket sevice fee and $15.00 shipping. Received tickets approximately 6 weeks later and face value of tickets was only $18.00 each. Purchased 4 tickets and was charged $237.80. for tickets total value of only $72.00. Asked for refund, asked to speak to supervisor, asked for address to return and was refused each request. Was told by represenative that they could charge whatever they wanted and I had no recourse, no refund, and would give no address to which i could return tickets. Was stold supervisors will not be available when I said I would wait on hold.<br />
I certainly will not recommend that anyone use this service.

Comments

• Ti
      4th of Mar, 2010

I am an employee from Ticket Liquidator responding to the commentary above. I understand the customer's anger, but I also have to say that it is unfounded. We at TL are a nationwide network through which licensed companies resell tickets to events. This means we don't actually own, price, nor ship the tickets you see listed for sale on our website. All that responsibility is in the hands of individual ticket sellers who list tickets on our exchange. Typically, these sellers resell their tickets for whatever they think people are willing to pay. As a result, the prices of tickets sold through our website are usually either above or below their face value. This fact is stated numerous times throughout our website and is something we openly advertise.

Having said that, the general purpose of above-face-value pricing is to keep event tickets on the market longer than they'd normally be available. Nowadays, tickets are accessible easily via the internet (by everyone!) and so events are often sold out (at least of the best seats) very quickly. Ticket Liquidator and other resale sites allow people to find tickets to very popular events up to the day of the event itself. As a result, you don't have to shop for tickets on the venue's schedule or even on Ticketmaster's.

So, overall, it seems like the customer above is upset because she purchased something and wasn't aware of what she was purchasing. I'm sorry for the confusion, but the confusion is not Ticket Liquidator's fault and we weren't obliged to cancel her order. In the future, I'd recommend the customer examine primary sources (eg: the venue) first before looking at the resale market. However, in many cases, the primary sources won't have good seats available and, if so, we at TL will always be there to help out.

• We
      5th of Nov, 2010

[censor]

17th of Jan, 2012

Hi WEIS1223! We're sorry you feel that way. Feel free to give us a try sometime and I think you'll find things go well. I see you still haven't used that discount we gave you -- it won't expire! :-)

• Sh
      5th of Sep, 2012

$15.00 shipping for something they can ship for $165 with delivery confirmation, go [censored] yourselves.

• Sh

'$1.65' 1st class mail.

5th of Sep, 2012

Hello Shadow! There is indeed a flat $15 charge for FedEx shipment of ticket packages (shipment takes 2 business days to arrive after an order is shipped). We require the sellers who use our service to utilize FedEx for ticket shipment purposes in order to ensure that tickets arrive safe and sound at their chosen destination. FedEx shipping is actually standard among most ticketing companies and is therefore not unusual (delivery charges on our ticketing sites are very similar). We prefer not to encourage sellers to use unsecured USPS shipping when they're handling items - often irreplaceable items - that could be worth hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of dollars... for obvious reasons.

Please note that we at TL also don't make make money off of the delivery fee and so we are not inflating the delivery charge to make extra money off of you. We only make the service fee off of ticket orders.