Tiburon Financial LLC / The representative was so nasty and disrespectful

I know that the rest of my money was due for my car. I attempted to settle my debt, even after it went to Tiburon Financial. After trying to settle other debts, I miscounted by bills which made me overdraft.

When I tried to explain what happened, the rep just cut me off and went on hollering that I better find a way and I need to manage my money better, on and on. I felt offended because I could have ducked them but I tried to be an adult. Something needs to be done about people like that.

Va

More Tiburon Financial LLC Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Re
  5th of Aug, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

I was contacted about a debt by a woman named Kathy. I acknowledged the debt and agreed to pay it. About a week after I sent a payment this "Kathy" lady called my home and left me very rude voice mail saying that I must return her phone call immediatly. If I made a payment what the hell does she need to speak with me for? I will continue to send payments but I am not going to return her phonecall. If she keeps harrassing me I will just stop payment all together.

Jo
  30th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Maybe something needs to be done about people like you! When you make a comittment, you need to follow through with it! You already defulted on you orginial car loan, thus proving you are not responsible and/or cannot follow through with your obligations. By "bouncing" checks after you have obligated yourself, you are doing nothing but proving again that you are irresponsible!

As far as talking to this Kathy, you need to call her back! When your account goes into default, the full balance is due! Read your contract! At that time, payments are no longer an option because you have proven you are incapable of making these payments. If you are unable to pay the account in full, then a collection agency will be able to negoitiate with the orginal creditor that they work for, and can possibly set up hardship arrangements to help you out. Choosing to "not call back" is about the worst thing you can do, as your account will be recorded that you are voluntarily refusing to cooperate with the creitor AND the collection agency, it will hurt your credit even more...and when you get sued, the judge will see this and will have zero tolerance for someone shirking their responsibilities.

Bottom line to both of you: people with you lack of morales and irresponsibility are what is cusing the recession we are currently in! You were in a big hurry to cooperate with the creeditor to get that loan in the first place...you now need to be in the same hurry to pay it back. Unless, of course, you like being referred to as a "professional debtor" and a "thief".

Ti
  9th of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

Yeah, I talked with "Tina" as if that is her real name. She would call, and I would call her back, but she would conveniently never be there. The receptionist informed me that Tina was pregnant. I'm already sorry for her child. She's a bulldog, but not very good at her job and not very informed. Just rude and spoke in circular paragraphs. I feel very sorry for people who have that as their career! They must go home very stressed. I hope Tina quits after her two-horned baby comes out, she would be much better off.

Co
  25th of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree +3 Votes

if you walked in a bank and took $5000. and said i will pay it back, in fact i will even sign my good name that I will with a legally binding contract, wouldnt you think no matter your excuse of "life" you should be upheld even possibly legally to repay? our society of spend beyond your means, and blame, blame, blame is shocking. People blame banks, collectors, the government, but never look to see those millions, billions of non payers are the deepest core of every corporate and nations true lack of strong foundation. We are blamers, irresponsible, immature quite frankly by the comments above, and should be shameful. Its just too bad people will never truly look at themselves and hold themselves accountable to FEEL and ACT according to that Shame they should feel, let alone responsiblilty...

Su
  29th of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

SUSAN PETERSON of tiburon finacial is a crazy collector there. You ever watch those 20 20 shows? She is one of those crazy rude collectors. Called me names, belittled me, said "crap" even while we were talking. This susan peterson, or pearson, think was peterson has told me she is going to sue me multiple times even though she cant because you cant take social security or disability! Someone needs to record and actually sue her lieing yelling self!

Jb
  18th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

Tiburon Financial aka Chrysler Financial is a bunch of ### sucking theives.
When you return your lease and then renew with another lease they hold your money with out delivering a car for 30 days. Then instead of telling you they are going bankrupt and that they are not leasing you a car they claim you owe for over milage, when you do not. Know wonder they are bankrupt, how dare they ask to be bailed out when they reneg on promises they made to the customer, their workers, and creditors. What a discrace they are, if they provided such good cars and service then their customers would have kept coming back, or at least their workers, who would refer them to other buyers. See what happens when you ### where you eat it kills you and your business.

also don't be affraid of them, to collect a debt today in this economy, the judges will be on your side, if they have such hardship then the theory is so does many of you. Settle for pennies on the dollar once repaid your credit will be better. Don't believe their scare tatics.

Ro
  22nd of Jul, 2009

THE FACT IS YOU ARE ANGRY BECAUSE YOU DIDNT READ WHAT YOU WERE SIGNING, OR YOU DIDNT KNOW WHAT YOU WERE SIGNING AND ITS NOT UP TO ANYONE BUT YOU TO READ AND INFORM YOURSELF ON WHAT YOU SIGN. IF YOU OWE A DEBT IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO TAKE CARE OF IT WHETHER IT BE PAY IT SETTLE IT OR FILE FOR BANKRUPTCY. THE PEOPLE AT THE COLLECTION AGENCY ARE DOING THEIR JOB. THAT IS " HERE IS THE ACCOUNT COLLECT THE BALANCE" THEY ARE NOT GIVEN A REPORT ON PREVIOUS HISTORY OF THE ACCOUNT THEY ARE NOT GIVEN ANYTHING BUT THE GENERAL INFO. THEY WILL WORK WITH YOU WHEN THEY ARE NOT REQUIRED TO DO THAT. ALL THEY ARE REQUIRED TO DO IS STAY WITH IN THE LAWS AND COLLECT THE FULL BALANCE. SOME COMPANIES ALLOW SETTLEMENTS BUT MUST FIRST BE APPROVED BY THE COMPANY THEY ARE WITH. TIBURON HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT IS ALLOWED THEY CAN ONLY DO WHAT THE COMPANY HAS APPROVED. INFORMING YOURSELF ON THE LAWS OF DEBT IS SOMETHING THAT YOU SHOULD ALWAYS DO. IF YOU FEEL YOU WERE WRONGED THEN YOU SHOULD GET A LAWYER NOT REFUSE TO PAY BECAUSE IN ALL ACTUALITY YOU WILL END UP PAYING IN THE LONG RUN AND NOT EVEN KNOW IT WHEN YOU HAVE A BAD CREDIT SCORE AND HAD A REPO VEHICLE ON THEIR AND YOU THINK YOURE GETTING AWAY WITH IT BECAUSE SOME OTHER COMPANY SOLD YOU A NEW CAR TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT YOU ARE PAYING FOR THAT NEW CAR...YEAH YOU ARE PAYING WAY MORE IN INTEREST THAN YOU THINK WONDER WHY? YEAH YOUR BAD CREDIT, AND THEN WHEN YOU TRY TO GET A APARTMENT YOU WONT BE APPROVED AND WHEN YOU GO TO GET A LOAN IN THE FUTURE FOR SOMETHING IMPORTANT YOU WILL BE PAYING FOR THE PRIOR DEBT ONE WAY OR ANOTHER THAT IS WHY IT IS A GOOD IDEA TO HAVE FAMILY OR FRIENDS HELP YOU AND MAKE A OFFER EVEN IF IT IS NOT WHAT THEY ARE ASKING 9 TIMES OUT OF 10 YOU WILL EITHER BE ABLE TO TAKE CARE OF THE DEBT FOR A SMALLER AMOUNT OR YOU WILL BE OFFERED ANOTHER AMOUNT WHICH ALSO WILL BE LOWER THAN YOU OWE THE REASON I KNOW THIS IS BECAUSE I WORKED WITH A REP FROM TIBURON WHO INFORMED ME ON ALL THESE THINGS AND I NOW HAVE MY ACCOUNT SETTLED OUT AND NO LONGER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE PHONE CALLS AND LETTERS AND I THANK HER FOR THAT LESS STRESS

In
  22nd of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

I work in an inbound collection position and every time I get a call that shows the delinquent account, I know it will go either escalated or the customer is trying to make a payment. The CUSTOMER IS NEVER TRYING TO MAKE A PAYMENT! Calling us to tell us your sob story is NOTHING. WE DON'T GIVE A FLYING FIG WHAT YOUR PROBLEMS ARE! We can sue, we can garnish wages, and yes, even some social security benefits CAN BE GARNISHED UNTIL THE ACCOUNT IS PAID IN FULL. ###S who complain need to wake up and realize it is their fault that the economy is HORRIBLE. PAY YOUR BILL!!!

Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I do know who you are talking about above. The collector I spoke to at Tiburon Financial's name was Susan as well regarding a Wells Fargo Home Equity balance. It is an unfortunate circumstance in the first place. Embarassing as well, but to be humiliated by Susan with her bipolar comments is another. She does like to give an awful lot of legal advice. When I asked her if she was an attorney she told me she worked for one before. I told her that does not make her an attorney (and nor should she be crossing a legal line of giving me legal advice or threats!). ALL I CAN SAY IS THIS TO THOSE WHO HAVE ISSUES WITH HER, IS CALL THE CORPORATE OFFICE OF THE BANK, AND COMPLAIN COMPLAIN COMPLAIN. RECORD RECORD RECORD! I have no issues with making the best arrangements to repay my debt I owe, but she is a real hazard!

Agree Disagree +1 Votes

REGARDING SUSAN AT TIBURON FINANCIAL. I was speaking with a friend of mine how funny it was that there was a complaint on here about the same person I was researching. In fact I found a total of 4 complaints on her in various blogs in just the last few months alone! As I was saying, I was speaking with a friend of mine who is a paralegal who stated perhaps we should list a attorney on here who can "field" various complaints against her and her empoyer; Tiburon Financial, because if we can proove it is not an isolated behavior, but rampant, they probably know and can be held to a higher legal and monitary liability. If she has an isolated versus abundaant pattern of violations there should be severe repercussions.

Agree Disagree +1 Votes

FYI, TO THE INBOUND COLLECTOR ABOVE.
from the Social Security and Disability Resourse Center;
Can creditors garnish my Social Security retirement check ?

Commercial creditors cannot garnish your Social Security retirement check. However, the Federal government may garnish your benefits to recover student loans, back taxes, or any other monies owed to the Federal government. Additionally, your Social Security retirement check may be garnished for current or back child support.

Are you saying you are a Government entity versus a creditor? Does telling people "Pay your bill" really work the situation? Or is it just your immaturity at handling yourself professionally? I wonder what collection agency you are from. Not a hard guess.

An
  16th of Sep, 2009

Funny to read these... most of them are defensive posts saying that everyone who gets a collection call is an irresponsible, immoral thief and that we're the cause of the economic problems nowadays.

Eat me.

CHRIS COX with Tiburon Financial called me at work, and I immediately stated not to call me at work and started to give him my home number when he launched into a tirade about me lying about having an attorney and "how are you going to take care of this". He wouldn't even let me speak, even when I was advising him that I was recording the call and that he is close to violating the laws and statutes protected by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. He just continued, in a very aggressive and LOUD manner, shouting into my phone "how are you going to take care of this".

I had already retained an attorney for bankruptcy, and just got off the phone with them regarding legal action against Tiburon Financial. My sob story means nothing? Tell that to my family you self-serving jackass. My wife lost her job in October of last year and is now legally disabled because of poor health. I have a family of five to provide for on my single income. Believe me, this collection is not something I wanted to happen.

Your company purchased my "debt" for pennies on the dollar. So don't lecture me with your crap about how I'm a thief and a criminal. I made all of my payments until disaster struck. I stay awake all night worrying about my wife's health and how we're going to make it through all of this, INCLUDING reparations with creditors.

I have lost EVERYTHING, and you want to tell me that I'm a criminal now? Do you go to the bar after work with your buddies and talk about how you kicked a guy while he was down? How the hell do you sleep at night???

Your precious collection companies don't do anything to help the economy. You are profit driven, just like any other business. You profit through the intimidation of many people who are suffering right now and just trying to get by. People who once had a decent life and then got gut-kicked with a layoff because financial ### lined their own pockets while destroying the economy. So don't give me YOUR noble statement about how we're so immoral and criminal and irresponsible.

I signed an agreement, and abided by that agreement until my life turned upside down. Now you're all high and mighty? If you really think you can defend yourself after reading this, then I sincerely hope that one day you feel my anxiety, my pain and my suffering that I feel every single damned day.

Go to hell. I'd rather scrape together pennies every day to pay for my attorney to help me file Chapter 7 than give any one of you sons of ### a dime. And that is exactly what I intend to do.

And don't worry. This post was recorded to provide quality and training purposes.

Da
  3rd of Nov, 2009

Angry citizen,

I have to agree with your posting...similar situation with my family, except I was the only income...when I lost my job, it took me 10 months to get another. You think your prepared, with savings, etc.; but 10 months of no income is a very long time...and before I hear it, I applied for jobs everywhere, not just what I was doing, with the income I was making. I was earning 75K a year...and like I said, tried to get a job doing about anything. Turned down for a maintenance worker position...couldn't even get a job at Wal-Mart...no one thought I would stay with them. Anyway, the point is, it is embarrassing...and emotionally draining on the whole family...something I wouldn't wish on anyone. As far as Tiburon, the fellow that left me a message, and I called back within the same day, was very polite and helpful------he offered a lower settlement price if I could pay in full, however, we could not...so he asked if I could afford xx number of dollars a month, I was hesitant, but told him we could probably handle it when he said he thought he could do even better and lowered the total settlement and still let me make the remaining payments. As of this date, I have one payment left, they have been drafted from my account as we agreed...after reading all the complaints, I must have gotten lucky with the rep. I was assigned.

Lu
  26th of Jan, 2010

Heidi Jones from Tiburon financial is a total disaster to speak with. She was very rude and would not let me get a word in edge wise. I've also been out of work for a while now and am not able to find work. I was always up to date on my bills and when this happened I fell behind just like almost everyone else in the country. I don't expect her to sympathize with me because it is a debt that I owe but she didn't have to be so rude. I hope that someone is able to do something about this harrassment.

Kt
  19th of Mar, 2010

I had to deal with Susan at Tiburon. It was one of the most humiliating experiences of my life. I owed about $2, 000, had a part-time minimum wage job, and was a full-time student. When I tried to set up a payment plan with them, she refused and said I must pay the balance in full within the week, or they would sue me. When I told her that there was absolutely no way I could get the money in a week, she actually asked me how I pay for my school, and said that if I can afford to go to college, I can afford to pay them. She suggested that I ask anybody and everybody for money and refused to discuss payment and/or settlement options. I hope I never have to deal with them ever again, and I'm ashamed that they're located in Nebraska, which is my home state. People just don't act like that around here.

Fa
  29th of Mar, 2010

I take it that Tiburon reps make nasty comments berating those complaining about the company. It doesn't take a genius to know that Tiburon is coming on here, insulting those that have had problems with their reps, and pretending to be regular people. One...Tiburon is a farce and I am reporting them to the BBB. Two...they are so transparent and idiotic as to post rude ramblings under pseudonyms. Three...they're idiots (did I already say that?)

Se
  1st of Apr, 2010

I spoke to a Robert Gonzalez and let me just say that he was the rudest "professional" I have ever come across. There job is to retrieve a reported payment from you, but how can they expect for the person on the other end of the phone to not get angry at the way he speaks to you. It is like he thinks he is better than you just because he is doing the collecting. While people should own up to their dues, not all reported dues are legit and some are scams. He was a complete ### and claimed he liked his job. Of course any ### hole would enjoy this job, especially when by the looks of it, this collecting agency are full of rude, low class people.

Pa
  5th of Apr, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I must be the only lucky person out there. We have been dealing with a representative by the name of Todd Fifer & he is without a doubt the most courteous, professional individual! He allows us to speak without EVER interupting...and if he doesn't care he hides it well, because he did express empathy towards our situation.
We were NEVER late for ANY of our bills until my spouse was laid off. Of course we were fine for a while, but eventually had to move out of our home & with family. Everyone knows from the Suze Orman show to have a good nest egg, but when disaster strikes your world ends up falling apart!
Anyways, after dealing with Todd, we had our entire situation complete within 24 hours - we were able to agree on a said payoff & can happily say this is behind us now. It's wonderful to be able to sleep through the night again!...ALL NIGHT !
It is disappointing to read how a company can have so many heartless employees. You KNOW bosses are within ear shot range & allow this type of behavior. Yes, I'm sure these employees have heard everything & yes, some people ARE irresponsible, but they need to understand that everyone's situation is different & they are dealing with REAL PEOPLE! I think when you're on the phone people tend to forget that!~

Mo
  12th of Oct, 2010

most of these comments make me sad!

i am a debt collector, let me assure you, if you deal with me that i've taken all of this into account and I will do my best not to be this way!

with all due respect we've been treated pretty crappy and we do get disillusioned as well by all the lies and excuses. but that is no excuse to behave this way to people.

so very upset about this!

the FDCPA was made for you as much as it was made for good professional collectors.

Di
  18th of Mar, 2011

My son has cancer! They are calling harrassing me for payment that I know I have paid already to the medical facitily and physicians office. But they just want the money because it is in their hands now and all proceeds go to them. I am looking into what all I paid to the creditor in question, but they stating that they have spoke with them and it is legit. No, understanding just bullying and the sad thing is I work in the healthcare and now see what my patients are complaining about the price of healthcare, insurance and collections!