Thyme and Sage Ranch Jennifer Petkus / Puppy Mill NOT a Rescue

1 Cazenovia, WI, United States Review updated:

This woman should be ashamed of herself. She runs What she calls a "Rescue" in Richland County. SHE IS A PUPPY MILL AND A ROTTEN CROOK. As an avid dog lover looking for a new dog, found her on the internet and drove to her "rescue". Upon arriving her place was DISGUSTING. Dogs running everywhere, some of them visibly sick.

She says that she makes deals with Amish puppy mills to take the adult dogs the are going to get rid of, and along with she demands puppies. We bought her story and took home a schnauzer puppy. Needless to say, our story sounds much like many others. Our puppy was SO SICK for months. When we called Jennifer she said she had never had a dog be sick and couldn't understand what the problem was. We took her at her word...BUT we had already sent another family member up to her for a puppy.

THEIR FIRST PUPPY DIED. It was so sick it DIED. Jennifer said they could have another puppy, and that one ALMOST DIED. After they spent nearly $1, 000 in vet bills the dog is finally healthy.

THIS WOMAN IS A LYING SNAKE.

FAKING TO CARE FOR ANIMALS WHILE MIS-TREATING THEM FOR HER OWN BENEFIT.

NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN AND PUBLICLY HUMILIATED FOR WHAT SHE IS GOING.

HOW SHE SLEEPS AT NIGHT, I DON'T KNOW.

Comments

• 0 Votes

She needs to be closed. Because she is not allowed to be listed on Petfinder with Thyme and Sage Ranch anymore she is now using her position as the Richland County Pound to post their animals but then have in each of the description a line that says "more dogs available at www.thymeandsageranch.com

I am sure that Petfinder will be getting emailed about this from everyone who knows of her "operation".

• Le
      26th of May, 2009

I adopted a puppy from Jennifer in December and she was very honest about the fact that he was sick. She also offered to take him back and refund my money. My experience with her was a positive one and yes the puppy was sick but after the Vet gave him antibiotics he was fine. You pay to save a dog and assume the bills or you go to a breeder and pay a high price or save a dog.

• He
      30th of May, 2009

Jennifer Petkus has been charged with 11 counts of animal cruelty. Just Google her name or the name of her "rescue."

• Pe
      4th of Jun, 2009

I understand that this puppy mill has been in operation for a while.
    Why were people not reporting this to the humane society sooner if they have been there and or bought from her?
    Why do people have to wait to tell someone about a place this disgusting?