ThunderCameras.com / Do not order from thundercamera.com because it is a scam of bait and switch

I ordered a Panasonic Professional Camcorder AG-HMC40 on 5/30/2010. This is what happened. I read the reviews in this page before I submit the order. Since there are several good reviews and the price of the camera was $500 under the retail price I decided to try. Well, I purchased the camera online, then I received a email with the order confirmation. The confirmation said that I had 4 hours to cancel the order without any fees, after that They would charge 7% for cancelations. Well, four hours after the order was done they called me. As you can see in others reviews, they tried to upsell me accesories and the worst part was that they told me that the camera that I just ordered was an imported model with no manufacture warranty, that the only languaje that came on the camera was japanese and that the battery only last for 20mins. They wanted me to change my order to a ag-hmc40 US model but the price for that one was $2000 (that is $500 more that the price that I paid). I told them to send me the camera that I purchased without any extra accesories. The Customer service person was rude when I refused to buy any accesories or switch the camera and his last words before he hang up on me was "good luck". Well, two minutes after the call was finished I received a new email. The email said the camera was not in stock and that it was in back order for two weeks. I decided to end this bad experience by canceling the order. A lot of time lost. Please, do not order from thundercamera.com because it is a scam of bait and switch. Any good review is done from people that work for them I am sure.

To

Comments

• Lo
      16th of Oct, 2010

I ordered a canon T2i at what appeared to be a wonderful price. I was then called to "confirm details" of my purchase. This really was to inform me that my purchase was of an import model and would not come with battery, charger, English manual etc. They then attempted to sell me the American version at a much higher price along with accessories at 3x prices in other stores. Classic bait n switch. Well I did not switch...and suddenly the camera which they show on their website as
    "Availability: Usually Ships in 1 to 2 Business Days" Is backordered for me. When I called customer service they told me it would be at least a month before I see the camera. They really only want to suck you in with a great price and then sell you a bunch of other things at 3x normal prices. If you don't go for it they don't want to fulfill your order.

• Ri
      21st of Oct, 2010

Watch out for Thundercameras! Something isn't right. After placing my order on line, they sent me an email asking me to confirm my order by calling 718-223-2933. The don't provide an 800 number and this is out of the ordinary for good customer service. I called and was placed on hold for a long time. I wondered if the number was a pay-per-call number like a 900 scam but while I was on hold I learned the area code was NY. Then they came back on the line and asked for more information like the security code on my credit card. I told them I didn't have the card with me and would have to call them back with that information. They said they would process the order anyway without the CCV. (Really?) They asked if I realized that I was only buying a camera 'body' without a battery or a recharger. (Here comes the bait and switch). I told him that the specifications on the website clearly said battery WAS included. He replied that the battery that comes with the camera only lasts 20 minutes and I wouldn't be happy with it. I told him to go ahead and ship without any accessories. He said he would. After I hung up I got an email that said the camera was on back order and that I needed to log on to the website to cancel the order otherwise it wouldn't be shipped for at least 2 weeks and my card would be billed at that time. The link to cancel on the email didn't work, nor was there any way to cancel on line after logging into my account so I sent an email via their website and also to info@thundercameras.com and told them this was my notice of cancellation and to reply that they had received my notice. Within 15 minutes I had a reply that said the following, "As per your request, your order with our company has been cancelled. Your credit card has not been billed. All your sensitive data were deleted from our system. Thank you." I hope this is true and that this is the last I hear from these guys. I'm going to be watching my credit card transactions closely for the next few weeks.

• De
      22nd of Nov, 2010
    ThunderCameras.com - Fraud - False Advertising
    Thundercameras.com

Do not buy from this retailer! They listed a Nikon D7000 camera on their website for a very attractive price. I ordered it and after waiting for 2 weeks I inquired about the status. They said the model I requested (import model) was on back order but the US models are in stock. I then stated that I did not request a import I requested a US model. The representative then incorretly stated that the website had it listed as import which it did not. I told the service rep of this mistaken on the website to which he replied I ap0logze and tried to charge me the difference from the import to the US model which was not listed correctly on their website to begin with.

-Dennis M

• Ke
      16th of May, 2011
    ThunderCameras.com - Save yourself the frustration, and just stay away
    Thundercameras.com
    thundercameras.com

I did not with Thunder Cameras. I watched, and waited as prices went up and down, When they went up, I thought I had waited too long in hesitation, and lost my chance at a great deal (little did I know) I would once again wait months until I had thee opportunity to snag that great deal. It finally happend! Without checking ANY reviews, I pounced on the deal of the day, fearing I would lose another great price.
    This was nearly 3 weeks ago that had I made my purchase. All I wanted, and ordered was the D5000. Who could refuse the price of 204$ right? All my card information was given that evening ( on their site) My order was in place. The next I recieved a phone call from Thunder cameras. They needed my cvc number. Ok I thought, here you go, thinking to myself, "why not just put that line in on thee order form" ok, whatever. Well needless to say, it didn't end there. The man tried to get me to buy a card for 199$. Really?? Wow, must be one hell of a fantastic card. I declined of course. Questioning what had I got myself into. He also proceeded to sell me lenses for the camera, I again declined I have lenses for my other camera, and told him this, and that I was all set. Just need the camera. He was polite enough, but I could hear frustration in his voice. The call ended.
    I got home to check my email, and low and behold, I had an apologetic email from Thunder Cameras, stating that once my order reached the shipping floor, they discovered that this very popular item was backordered. it would be backordered for 2 weeks,
    Already being suspicious, I checked the time on my cell phone, to the time they had "backordered" my item. 15 minutes had passed by. I knew by not ordering all thee accessories they tried to sell me, that I was not going to recieve the camera. luckily they had not charged my card.
    I left them email just thee other day inquiring about my order. No response.
    Buyers beware, unless you plan or not plan on being snookered by these crooks, just pass them on by, They have an F rating on the BBB (Better Business Bueau ) I will never get the camera, but luckily I didnt fall for their scam of buying extra, needless, pricey items, and they didnt charge my card. They need to be shut down, Hopfully everyone writing reviews, people will listen and stay away, and THEY will go away. Any sites with super low prices do the same thing. Save yourself the frustration, and just stay away, Also check out Thoughts of Daves website. He has great ways to get these guys where it hurts!