Thriveli / THIRVELI LIES

I'm up for a class action suit. I signed up, put my $15, 100 on a cc and when I asked what I was getting for my money, did that include inventory and such? They told me yes, and other things. This site doesn't provide ANYTHING except some weakly done videos that don't provide detailed information on how to do anything. I started working with them explaining that my financial situation indicated that I needed to get another income coming in as soon as possible. They assured me 3 months (I translated to 6). They position themselves as a coaching team for folks who don't have any computer experience. The better to screw you with, apparantely. The bleeding just begins, you will NOT get any help on finding product or dropshippers, plan to spend money there and good luck finding a dropshipper that won't also pick your pocket. You will be paying monthly for your website, your merchant account, any activity you do on e-bay (one of their big pushes on making money - sell stuff you have around the house!) You will also have to pay for SEO optimization, they don't provide site mapping, you will pay for payperclick advertising, you will pay for pictures to put on your website. Well, you should be getting the picture. You might be unfortunate enough to get a couple coaching calls from kids who have no people skills what so ever. They will be condescending, vague and their profound guidance will be - watch such and such videos and do what they say. That would be those same videos that are vague and totally lacking in detail. You will also be inundated with calls from telemarketers who are hooked up with these people to sell you all the stuff thrive won't be helping you with. Well, I could go on. I signed up with these thugs in October of 08 and my website is completely invisible, no traffic, but lots of costs.

Comments

• Si
      20th of May, 2009

I listed this under the wrong name. Don't know how to take it off here. Needs to show under THRIVELI

• Ni
      25th of May, 2009

I had simillair problems with thriveli.com. After a few phonecalls, you don't hear anymore of these people and you have to find out everything yourself. There was no help to start my own website, they only tell you about starting your business on eBay. I had to pay$39.95 for a webhost that I didn't used, and also don't need if you want to sell on eBay. They tell you big lies as "within 3 months you can have your money back or we are going to help you another 6 months till you have at least your investment back". This sounds like you have nothing to lose, but every month a pay $39.95 for nothing while I can have a webhost for less than $5.00 a month. I paid $2380.00 and they were unbelievable fast to get that money of my account. They also want you to sign papers in case something goes wrong, so that they are not responsible. Asking for your money back is already out of the question. If a program don't offer a money back guarantee like by thriveli, than don't do it. And don't listen to these stories about getting your investment back in 3 months, because you have to make a decent amount of money to get everything back as eBay also cost money if you want to sell there. Also, every time you get somebody else on the phone and they don't know what somebody else did or told you. You do get info about how to find a niche, and they want you to search for 5 niches and they tell you wich 2 are good enough to go on with. From what I heard on the phone it sounds like they are going to use the other 3 to make money with. Anyway, you get some useable info but it is absolutely not worth the money, and the webhosting is way to expensive. Besides, you don't want to pay for something that you don't use, or at least don't use for a while.

5th of Jun, 2009

Gather up all ye Folks ripped off from Thrive Learning Institute
    Let join together and show this Company what INTEGRITY means and what it means to listen and live with a "LIE"
    Thrive acts out as with their trusting souls Placing that special someone who hears your tale and then begins the " LIES on top of LIES" to make sure they get paid and you get to play Candyland with their Website
    I say it is PAYBACK time and the FEDERAL TRADE Commission agrees Let us Gather together and follow some small yet powerful beginning steps to access our way to truth and righteousness.
    We gave up info and our MONEY to Thrive and got RIPPED OFF
    Let us come together and give our info to someone who can and will make it possible to get our money back... And even better Put Thrive Learning Institute where they belong...In Court.

7th of Jun, 2009

I'm with Kareena how do we do this?

7th of Jun, 2009

Make a video and submit to me at my email
    Use a Screen name for the video
    If you never tried before try out MY Movie Maker
    Or use your web cam on or off your Computer
    Just make it and get back with me
    We all need to Join in number
    Then Satisfaction is on its way
    Your Video is no more than an extension of yourself just speak into it and be sincere after all WE have had the Wrong done to Us
    Nothing to hide... Just plenty to Share...
    Act SOON! pork-n-beans@comcast.net

8th of Jun, 2009

I don't have a web cam and don't have the time to figure out yet another software format. I would prefer the written format. I'll provide all the detail necessary. Am I the only one stupid enough to give them $15, 100? Be aware that Visible.net is also an affiliate of theirs. Just found that out. You won't find them connected, but I had an billing issue and spoke with the same person at both companies.

10th of Jun, 2009

Hang in there there is strength in numbers...
    Write, sing or play along with a video just do not give up.Pork-n-beans@comcast.net I only put myself out there because there is strength when you stand.
    Even if you stand alone...

Lied to like a DOG

4th time I tried to comment...what is wrong with this place?

10th of Jun, 2009

Now that my comment posted please believe there is a way for us to JOIN together complaining is one way and ACTION is another. I vote action...
    There is strength in numbers but never be afraid to stand alone... You will find a connection...I found one and believe me accreditation with the BBB is important to any business. Thrive's is down, down down...They will fold b 4 they pay back if we do not act.Gather all info and lets go through the proper channels... If you write then keep writing if you make a video believe me on this The Internet is changing you will see more faces now than ever before. In all channels online.

• Co
      20th of Jun, 2009

I too feel really stupid. I work three jobs and try to keep my head above water and then these no good scammers want to take all my money and every last bit of dignity I do have left. When I ask when I will start making money they keep telling me it takes money to make make money. I say we all stand together and do something to stop these scammers now.

connieinc

• Bd
      24th of Jun, 2009

You couldn't be more right. They told me that I would have access to all these drop shippers. WRONG!!! I sign up for a little over 3, 500 and BAM! I get cheap videos and a list of other companies that I have to pay to get a list of drop shippers.

• Bd
      25th of Jun, 2009

If your up for a class action suit I would like to join.

25th of Jun, 2009

I heard a story long ago about a man that fell into a hole. The hole was very deep dark and kinda scarey because there was no way out without the help of another. Many people walked by this hole and heard the man hollaring out for help and people just looked at him and just walked on by. After many many hours He had quiet down figuring no one would stop to help him get out. Then he saw someone bend down and never speaking to him he offered a helping hand and a rope to pull him out. When the man in the hole finally was out he asked the kind man "Why did you stop and help when you saw me in this hole and I was no longer screaming out for help?" The man smiled and simply replied I also fell into that hole not long ago and it was many hours almost the whole entire day before someone came along by and helped me out of it ." So lets board this thing up so no one else will fall in .OK?"
    It seems to me that the last few decades mankind has changed from helping one another to only being kind when there is only some type of reward or value in it for him. How unfortunate this is for all of us.So as we all come together to help one another in whatever way we can, Let's try to remember to help keep others from falling into the same deep dark places we come out of by ourselves or by the help of another.
    Hang in there connienc I believe someone will be coming by shortly for us all. I wanna believe in that If you haven't checked out Beno find his comment and follow instructions...There is Goodness when we are lucky to find those that dedicate themselves to helping others. Wouldn't the World be GRAND if everyone looked out for one another? :-) Thanks to the Complaint Boards and all the Review Sites that dedicate themselves to help people share a light of hope and promise. Pork-n-beans@comcast.net

13th of Aug, 2009

SCAMMED by Thrive Learning Institute aka Infusion Media. They got me too, 6 months after an accident where my fibula was cleanly broken in 2 places with multiple fractures in one area. Obviously I was still in a wheelchair and going through aquatic physical therapy. I did cancel within the 3 day limit, but was called back by their sales rep., Brandon Clark. I asked Mr. Clark if there could be be any other costs for setting up a home business. His response - "absolutely not"...Then come the calls from Thrive's Associates ie Product Resource Network. $36.77 a month. iMAX
    BANCARD. $10.20 per year. or $300.00 to leave the contract. I declined both subcontractors. God only knows the cost for a business license in NC.
    The killer that got me was having Mr. Lambert from Thrive calling to inform me that they would sue, win & I would be forced to pay all attorney fees. I had informed them that the only possible nights for physical therapy were tuesday & thursday. Of course Mr. Lambert called
    tuesday at 6:37 pm. and I had to be in therapy at 7:00 pm.
    These people are clever, so if they call just hang up.
    One last point. I just checked the Better Business in Utah. (Aug. 13, 2009). Over 30 complaints in 2008 . Utah gives them an A- rating.

14th of Aug, 2009

Im in the process of disputing my charge with thrive. I guess infusion media was busted for the google pro kits and google treasure chest scams online which is how i think all of us got into thrives coaching program. what ever you do dont give in or give up to these thieves and dont stop till you get your money back. If it hasent been more than 60 days from the intial charge and you already tryed to get a refund from thrive and they are giving you the run around, disput the charge with you CC and go from there. I was sold thrives services by accelerated business solutions AKA infusion media or vise versa.they made all sorts of claims telling you what your paying for but that was clearly all lies. thrive doesn't even have a money back gaurantee which was in the contract that i had to sign. That was the only reason why i allowed over $4000 to be charged to my card, and now find out that this whole thing is a big scam.I am continuing to get my money back and will not stop until i do.

29th of Sep, 2009

Thrive has hit the country side in North Carolina too. We will join forces with all of you. We were sold the whole scam by Augie Bode, 4/09, and he gladly took our $15, 200 in cash. It's been 5 months and we have yet to get one sale. We have worked on this website full-time and make every change that they tell us to, which is back and forth, just like you guys. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand has told us. Our site has gone downhill to 4 visits a day from the high of 40. Far from the promised 2000 hits per month and the promise of our return on investment in 30 days. It is time to stand up against them, together!! We will be glad to work with someone in putting this together for an attorney. It can be done, because when it's wrong, it's WRONG! A friend of my took on Frito Lay and won, why? because they were wrong and found guilty. We can be contacted at the #'s below, 704-210-8101 or rbb009@yahoo.com.
    Hope to hear from you guys, Robbie & Cheri

5th of Oct, 2009

Warning - don't sign up for the Credit Card option. They will charge your bank account and when you cancel - it is $800. I didn't even realize they were charging my account. I didn't know who Global was. When I figured it out, I canceled and then they hit my account for $800 and I didn't authorize it! Right now I've filed a complaint with BOA, but they still haven't returned the money to my account. ARGHHH!!

16th of Oct, 2009

Has any one got their money back recently?

• Jm
      4th of Nov, 2009

Was wondering how you made out on your class action suit. I also have been scammed, all I received was a 10 min. coach call and the coach could not wait to get me off the phone, also the only training was the videos, also I was told that if I did not make my return investment in 6 month I would be refunded my investment, it's been over a year.

jmamoroso55@gmail.com

• De
      5th of Nov, 2009

Hi,
    I am in england and was hooked by thriveli as well!
    the thieving gits conned over 4000 off of my partner and I, yeh they have got loads of vid's on their site but the help you get from them is vague and very condecending.
    I signed up in july 09 and all the help, that I have had from them is being told to watch the vid's and get on with it basically!
    their web builder is absolute rubbish! who the hell wants to learn html these days?
    build a banner I was told and incorperate pay pal etc. etc. and was told to download a graphics prog called gimp, okay that was free but it was the most stupid linux based editor i've ever seen!
    there was no way that I would have learnt to use it in 6 months let alone make a sensible banner.
    I was always being sent dates for webinars etc, yeh I could watch them later but we all know that if you sit down and watch this sort of stuff you aren't doing anything else!
    I was sent an email with '13 rules on building a web site' and was told I had to comply with these rules before it was sent to a benchmark team to look at it before it was published!
    yeh right! they forgot rule 14, it's my site!
    hehe, I got narked and asked the 'technical dept' for the site address etc and slammed up a rubbish site using the worst site builder I could find, windows publisher 2000. the only trouble was that it don't look too bad, I'm not selling, and if you go look at the site, throttlerotate.com, please dont push any links on it.
    but anyway, I found that Google absolutely adores publisher 2000 and Ive used it elsewhere with the same effect, google indexes it within 48hrs!
    I now use a paid for site builder that does everything I want, it even converts my home vids to flash and has got a great uploader, I wont tell you what it is here because I dont want to be thought of as a scammer doing affiliate sales on it but it cost me just £35 and I'm happy.
    Ive also found progs to resize etc my pixs that work great, one I paid for but it only cost me 9dollars and does what it says. sorry...I'm rambling...
    oh yeh and I told one of the 'team' about a nice little niche keyword, guess what? there were seven sites using that keyword within the week!
    I think it will be impossible to get our money back because they are going to use that old line..financial benefit is down to the effort put in..and all they have to say is you didnt put the effort in.
    I was told by the idiot reactive team coach the other day to buy back links for my site! cooool, lets get slammed by google then!
    anyway I dont know if this will get posted yet, knowing my luck it'll get stuck in outerspace or something, If anyone wants some help with links, c.junction, clickbank, paypal, whatever give me a shout, no spam please (ive got a hard drive full of that if you want some) and if I can help I will because I'm still learning the hard way as well
    loadsa love and respect, Derek

5th of Nov, 2009

Glad you are making your way through this. I simply threw in the towel as I never did find a good dropshipper for my product. Be wary of any phone calls you may get trying to sell you search engine optimization, google ad sense, etc. They are all part of the same group even though they claim not to be. I was hit with $800 from a company that was set up to take credit cards for my site. When I canceled, they took their fee out of my bank account and my bank isn't reversing the charges.