Thrive Learning Institution / Scam paid 10 thousand to succeed

1 Lindon, UT, United States Review updated:

On June 25th, 2008 Chad Guthiry at phone number [protected] called and convince me to buy into this learning institution called Thrive. It cost me 10 thousand dollars. Few days later, I decided it was not for me. I could not get through and when I did finally, they said I could not get a refund. So decided I needed to try my best to make this work for me. I worked about 6 hours a day on my website for about 6 months didn't even make a penny. Which I was told if I put in the work in then I would succeed, which makes sense. He said the average person put about 2 hours a day in so I felt 6 hours was more then enough to succeed. I worked 6 hours per day 3 days a week . He also mention that 100 percent of the percent of the people made it in this business. He also said if I did not make any money within 2 weeks he would send me a check...Guess what. "no check", never heard from him again. Every time I called thrive coaches, I felt that they where not knowledgeable and they could not answer simple questions... oh yeah not very friendly either. So I decided to try doing it on my own and still did not succeed with the information they provided me with. I tried many time calling and writing to get a refund on half of the money I spent. I don't understand... I was just asking for half of the money not the full refund. In the letter I was nice and explain my situation to them. "NO RESPONSE". It amazes me how someone after telling him my situation with my money problems would still scam me. I am a mother of two wonderful boys a teacher making 22 thousand a year and no child support at this time. The last two years, I have been living off my 401k and know it is gone along with my saving. On top of all this, I just got laid off a few days ago. I still am paying off the 10 thousand dollars that thrive has taken from me. I also have student loans, mortgage and two boys ages 7 and 8 years old that I need to support, After reading this letter. I asked myself, who is going to believe that all of this can happen to one person. I hope there is some one who sees this letter can help. I just want to know if there is anything else I can do to receive some of my money back. I know there are many others like me that this happen to but I not sure what can be done about this. If it happen to you please email me at julie_armendariz@yahoo.com. Thank you for your time and hope to hear from you soon.

Ja
Apr 20, 2013

Comments

Thrive Learning institution - Scam
    Thrive Learning Institution
    Utah

On June 25th, 2008 Chad Guthiry at phone number 1-800-405-8582 called and convince me to buy into this learning institution called Thrive. It cost me 10 thousand dollars. Few days later, I decided it was not for me. I could not get through and when I did finally, they said I could not get a refund. So decided I needed to try my best to make this work for me. I worked about 6 hours a day on my website for about 6 months didn't even make a penny. Which I was told if I put in the work in then I would succeed, which makes sense. He said the average person put about 2 hours a day in so I felt 6 hours was more then enough to succeed. I worked 6 hours per day 3 days a week . He also mention that 100 percent of the percent of the people made it in this business. He also said if I did not make any money within 2 weeks he would send me a check...Guess what. "no check", never heard from him again. Every time I called thrive coaches, I felt that they where not knowledgeable and they could not answer simple questions... oh yeah not very friendly either. So I decided to try doing it on my own and still did not succeed with the information they provided me with. I tried many time calling and writing to get a refund on half of the money I spent. I don't understand... I was just asking for half of the money not the full refund. In the letter I was nice and explain my situation to them. "NO RESPONSE". It amazes me how someone after telling him my situation with my money problems would still scam me. I am a mother of two wonderful boys a teacher making 22 thousand a year and no child support at this time. The last two years, I have been living off my 401k and know it is gone along with my saving. On top of all this, I just got laid off a few days ago. I still am paying off the 10 thousand dollars that thrive has taken from me. I also have student loans, mortgage and two boys ages 7 and 8 years old that need to support. After reading this letter. I asked myself who is going to believe that all of this can happen to one person. I hope there is some one who sees this letter can help. I just want to know if there is anything else I can do to receive some of my money back. I know there are many others like me that this happen to but I not sure what can be done about this. If it happen to you please email me at julie_armendariz@yahoo.com. Thank you for your time and hope to hear from you soon.

• Br
      20th of Apr, 2013

What you need is a payee and life coach as you are unable to responsibly manage your finances or make sound decisions on your own.

• Re
      20th of Apr, 2013

As usual, Brenda's leveling insults at the OP.

20th of Apr, 2013

As usual, Brenda is spot on with her clinical analysis.

• Re
      1st of May, 2013

As usual, Brenda is spot on with her inadequacies.