Thrive Learning Institute / Misleading Internet Business Scam

1 15 west scenic pointe dr suite 100Lindon, UT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-334-3672

I have been a student since October 2008. When I signed up for an e-bay account, I got a call from a gentleman name John at Auction Profits. He said we are interviewing some people for an opportunity to start an online business. After about a 10 minute interview, he said that I qualify and I will be receiving a call back from Joel Bish. To make a long story short, Joel called me for about a month, and left me about 15 messages. I final call him back, and he gave me an offer that sounded like a good deal. The offer was for me to pay $3100 up front, and Thrive would help me double that investment in about 6 months or they will continue to work with me until I double this investment. I went ahead and signed up for the program, and Joel sent me the written agreement for the above offer to me via e-mail. He said to call him anytime if I ever have any issues or problems.

Since then, I have had a lot of problems with Thrive. For one, they never told there would be phases that I would go through in the program. They never sent me any outlines, and they take forever to answer the questions from my e-mails, sometimes a week. The times I have talked to the coaches, they are always busy with something else while they are talking to me, or they are very rude over the phone when the call goes past 15 minutes, like I am wasting their time. I have been ignored on the Thrive chat, and have been mislead many times over. I have called Joel Bish with the concerns, but he has never called me back. Before I signed up for the program, there was no problem getting hold of Joel, but now it is impossible. I also have a problem with calling themselves coaches. A coach is someone who strives to bring the best out of their students, for what they are asking the coach to lead them. It is very misleading to the students to believe that the personal down at Thrive are coaches. There has not been one time since I have been involved with the program where a so called coach pushed me, encourage me, or point me down the right path with my online business. I am about to enter the marketing phase of the program, and I am very discourage with where I am going with all of this. They have already tried to sell me a $2300 marketing package, and I have not even made any money.

Like most people on this site, I want to see about a class action law suit. But we need to know how we can come together and put something like this together. Please e-mail me anytime at bluknight145@yahoo.com. Thanks and take care.

Jo

Comments

• Wi
      30th of May, 2009

I signed up for their coaching program too and had a wonderful experience. They always got back to me promptly and were never rude. It sounds like you just weren't willing to put the effort in to making this work. Don't be a hater. Just do what you need to do next time. Point the finger at yourself.

• Be
      30th of May, 2009

Joshua,

You have a couple of options at this point.

1) Continue doing their program (their eLibrary is huge and will take a lot of time just to get through most of them). Thrive isn't perfect, but there is a lot to learn about Internet marketing. Of course, you can get all their data for free on the Internet somewhere - but you already have access in one place.

2) Start getting a refund.

To that end:
    a. Get the company who actually did the sales job on you. It isn't Thrive - and they will just tell you to go back to the sales floor (those same telemarketers.)

b. Demand a refund and they will refuse.

c. Immediately do a fraud report and a charge-back with your credit card company. After two months, they don't have to do anything - unless you do that fraud report, which throws it up in the air for investigation. Start the charge-back proceedings immediately.

d. File reports with the FBI, FTC, and Utah A/G. Probably in that sequence, noting on the latter ones what you had already done so far. The point is to put the pressure on the Utah A/G who has reportedly taken sizable campaign contributions from Utah Call Centers.

e. While those two approaches are percolating (and you are going to have to be persistent in both) come to this board and also other boards and forums to be supportive of other people in your circumstances. The more people you help, the faster your cycle will come through.

And William is right on one point: when you point a finger at one person, all the rest of your fingers are pointing back at you.

So, whatever you choose - either continuing to get all you can from Thrive, or simply working to get a refund - help other people all you can to get their best resolution.

Good Luck - and contact me through this board if you need any help, regardless of what choice you make.

• Ko
      5th of Jul, 2009

Please message me to join me in stopping these people.

• Er
      8th of Jul, 2009

Hi there my name is Erin Feldman i jusy read your story and i have been having the exact same problems i have paid out 2, 500 to thrive and it has been since july of 2008 since i started. I first started with Omni business solutions and gave them $5000 to build a wesite and make my $$ back in 60 to 90 days as told. that was January of 2008 6 months later they told me that i could get 2500 back and start with a new company a no additional charge thriveli. Ever since then it has been hell trying to finish my website they never tiold me that there would be so many courses and when i need help ist impossible trying to get in touch with thrive tech support. I hate them so much i would love to take this further and get my money back let me know what you think.

14th of Aug, 2009

Hey William, I really want to know why you are even on this site if you had such a wonderful experience??? I am sure all of us on here have taken offense to your comments about us not willing to put in the effort to make this work. WE KNEW we would have to invest time and work hard, but Thrive and their sales associates deceived us in many many ways, including being told, " only 8-10 hours a week is all that is needed". The consequenses of signing up have caused continuously growing problems in several areas of our lives.
    You don't get it do you... they lied to us when they built up and misrepresented the (counterfit) system they were selling us...we were sucked us into this mess based on lies ...and out of all these people here, they decided to give YOU unnsurpassed customer support...yeh right. You sound like a progammed Thrive customer service rep when someone asks for a refund. We have all learned from the real people(Thrive's customers) on this site, exactly who you are working for. I have read several saying they are doing great with Thrive or its affiliates. No one can ever produce the bank statements to prove it. Anyone can say I am doing great, but without proof you are nothing more than a stoolie for Thrive. If Thrive is so great of a company why is it unable to return the money to these people and satisfy their clients? Almost everyday someone new shows up stating they were ripped off. Of course, they can pay to cover their tracks and protect their reputation. They can pay off ripoffrepot.com and even the BBB of Utah but they seem to have trouble paying back the money to the people who really matter the most, their unhappy customers. So until someone shows the bank statements showing proof of just how much you are making each and every month for a year with a website in the top 25 pages of Goggle, stay out of our way as you are nothing more than lying ###! Why don't you "put the effort in" and "do what you need to do" in to proving just how lazy we all are. I challenge you to prove it!!! Stoolie!

### you haters

19th of Aug, 2009

yo digs, i dun kna why youz all be hatin on diz her thrive learnin in'itute, y'all ###s jus need ta not be food by dem der scammas. if youz ###s was smaat you'da not paid out da izzass for a prugram youz new nuttin 'bout. i say gud job thrive learnin for makin dat green juz how you been doin... if i cud get dem roses frum a bizzunch of stupid white folk, i'da dun it too! so basically i would like to say that all of you need to quit ### because you were obviously not smart enough to notice a scam when they asked you for thousands of dollars without much to show for your money... get a brain and try to use it!!! and now for the chinese interpretation... ohhh why you go pay that monaaaaaaaay for sucha sirry ting???

19th of Aug, 2009

Are you kidding me ? Know Thrive stoolies are faking thier heritage?.. What an insult to hard working black people. Typical liers and bigots...This is the level you choose to go down to...No wonder you are in trouble. This guy had nothing better to do than surf this message board and post this garbage...yeh right!!! Notice how he loses his spelling accent towards the end of the message. If you had no clue to the idenity of this Thrive Learning Institute, look at the level they are willing to sink down to.
    This company is pure ###!!!

19th of Aug, 2009

...The only comments made by this guy are on this page out of the entire message board. Which simply means this guy had an agenda...to slam Thrive customers.

19th of Aug, 2009

Hey William, you are not fooling anyone?

19th of Aug, 2009

...And another thing William, first you say it was a great experience and imply we are all lazy...Then you say f*** you haters and admit we were all scammed...Like I said pure ###. What's the matter The truth hit a little too close to home.

19th of Aug, 2009

Hey Dave Rasmussen, Colton Moody, and Zach Bradshaw this just goes to show why you have to hire professional people to represent your counterfit system. This guy sounds like he is still in high school. Why don't you put the energy into proving us wrong instead of these childish games...
    Thanks for the extra motivation!

20th of Aug, 2009

lol yo dis her 'ain william, juz a homie dat sikka youz ### complainin when youz waz juz downrite stupid and gave yo credit digits to a un known homeboy

20th of Aug, 2009

That's why you keep coming back to this post William(Thrive, Matt and Dave Rasmussen, Colton Moody, and Zach Bradshaw). We have all learned from the Thrive's customers on this site, exactly who you are working for. If you are sick of complaints, Then stop scamming people, refund your unhappy customers money...and stop hiding behind every excuse you can find. I noticed you changed your profile. Exactly what you are made of ...deceptive lies. Thanks for showing us how low you are willing to go in all this. All we ask is proof and since you cannot provide it for us this is where you take it ...Thrives credibility is in the toilet thanks to these deceptive business practices and ignorant racist representatives(probably one of those unfriendly coaches)... Its easy to hide your identity and call people names...Here’s an idea, let's do lunch, you can meet me in person and call me a ### ...I ‘ll show you how stupid I am and the end result of my experience with your company... thanks for upping the payback bar. Karma’s a MF

• Au
      8th of Sep, 2009

I've been scammed so many times ona the internet I'm ready to throw my computer away!

29th of Sep, 2009

I started a blog to warn and help others who fell into this scam...go to:

Good luck to all
    RR

• Ba
      22nd of Jul, 2010

Hello all. To make everybody aware, thrive learning institute does have a system that has helped several people do well. What happens is, if you would all do the proper due diligence, a sales company calls you claiming all sort of "earnings claims", unrealistic projections, telling you whatever you need to hear to hand over a c.c. #. So it is the sales company's doing, not thrive's. I am speaking from experience bc I used to work at one of these sales floors. I personally took a different approach. Never once making a claim that a certain amount of money was going to be made in a certain amount of time. I never lied or misreprented what thrive actually does. A couple results happened. The people that I enrolled didn't have unrealistic expectations. I told them it could take a great deal of time, more than ten hrs per week, etc. And also, I didn't make as many sales, or get as many people to sign up as other people did at the sales company. Reason being I didn't lie, decieve, or overpromise. Now other did do that. They do that becauase they make more money and as we all know money makes people do stupid things. Greed. So please be aware that thrive does provide viable serices and resources but are misrepresented by the sales floor and it is the person who sold you these services that the finger needs to be pointed at. These sales floors go largely under the radar by claiming they are the acutal fullfilment company. Just thought u might like to understand the process. Go after the sales company for deception, misreprestation etc, not thrive.

6th of Aug, 2010

Yes, but you good people on the sales floor are far and few between, and you know the person who signs you up is never to be heard from again.The good sales floor coaches are soo overworked and dumped on that if you get a good coach for your proactive calls, he disappears also, and you get a different person each time you call.NO they cannot all help you, they are all on a different page, different concept, so you end up starting over again and again.Then I had Clinton tell me my site looked like a 5 yr old had built it, take a look at his profesional looking site that has sales, for another 600.00 they can rebuild your site so you too can have sales.Funny thing, it was the coaches that had me put my site together like it was and it looked far better than some.Not only did they not change it, didn't add products, they added about 60 words of text, that was it for 600.00!!! that took 2 weeks to do, my site was up and working and for 2 weeks had pppppp, s all across it, so they would know and be able to come in and add text!!
    So I am glad you are on the up and up, but you do not work there anymore, so you don't do the 50 or so people I am in contact with any good.Just curious, so did you go and start your own business "teaching" also, like about 5 coaches are doing?