As many have already stated, Thrive Learning Institute does not offer what the sales team such as Infusion Media say they offer. Like many others, we were committed to starting an online business and Thrive Learning Institute seemed perfect for us based on what the salesman said they would do. My wife and I spent a total of 6 hours on different phone calls with these salesmen from Infusion Media. We asked very specific questions on how our $10, 000 was going to be spent. Some of these questions included:
1. Does the $10, 000 cover the startup costs of the business such as incorporation fees, business license fees, and such? Answer: Yes it does.
2. What type of marketing help will we receive or tools to assist us in driving traffic to our website? Answer: We will drive traffic to your website and you will receive information that we pay a lot of money for through eBay and other companies that will tell you the best market to sell in based on projected and historical trends.
3. What type of information? Is that what our money pays for too? Is it a program that will keep us updated on market changes? Answer: Yes, the information is very expensive and your investment does pay for it. You will receive these updates while in the program and your coaches will explain how to use them for yourself.
The real answer to these questions should have been
1. No, the $10, 000 does not go towards any of the startup costs.
2. You will receive a link to different product trend data from eBay and Google that is totally free to anyone with internet access. They did not pay anything for these so called tools.
3. No, we did not pay anything for this information because it is free to everyone. The coaches will have no idea of any programs.
Never once were we told about the 3 day cancelation policy nor is it on any of the paperwork. We found out about the policy 2 weeks after starting when I hit a major roadblock trying to obtain a business license. It was going to cost me $1200 dollars to obtain a business license in my city. I had already spent $10, 000 on the training and $450 to register my business name with the state. I immediately called my coaches and explained the situation. The one coach had no idea how to help me so she said she would talk it over with the other coaches to see what could be done. I received a call three days later from another coach asking me how things were going. I immediately became irate because that told me the previous coach had not talked with anyone on the coaching team. I went on to explain my dilemma and this coaches suggestion was to find things around the house to sell on eBay to make the money. I immediately informed this coach that I we were told the $10, 000 was to cover this and they were supposed to help us get this completed. He then informed me that the $10, 000 did not cover this it only covers the training. I was like, WOW! I paid $10, 000 for this! So I asked for a refund and that’s when I found out about the three day refund policy.
We enrolled on 8/13/2008 two weeks after enrolling in the program I was finding out the truth. That truth that we have been scammed by an unscrupulous sales team. We were promised many things only to find out that they were not truthful or factual.
Currently we are fighting to recop the $10, 000 from Thrive. I am willing to join any class action suit that is brought against these companies.