Thrive Learning Institute / Infusion Media / Services not as promised

United States, Utah, Draper Review updated:
Thrive Learning Institute / Infusion Media
405 East 12450 South, Suite G
Phone: 866-611-4638
As many have already stated, Thrive Learning Institute does not offer what the sales team such as Infusion Media say they offer. Like many others, we were committed to starting an online business and Thrive Learning Institute seemed perfect for us based on what the salesman said they would do. My wife and I spent a total of 6 hours on different phone calls with these salesmen from Infusion Media. We asked very specific questions on how our $10, 000 was going to be spent. Some of these questions included:

1. Does the $10, 000 cover the startup costs of the business such as incorporation fees, business license fees, and such? Answer: Yes it does.
2. What type of marketing help will we receive or tools to assist us in driving traffic to our website? Answer: We will drive traffic to your website and you will receive information that we pay a lot of money for through eBay and other companies that will tell you the best market to sell in based on projected and historical trends.
3. What type of information? Is that what our money pays for too? Is it a program that will keep us updated on market changes? Answer: Yes, the information is very expensive and your investment does pay for it. You will receive these updates while in the program and your coaches will explain how to use them for yourself.

The real answer to these questions should have been
1. No, the $10, 000 does not go towards any of the startup costs.
2. You will receive a link to different product trend data from eBay and Google that is totally free to anyone with internet access. They did not pay anything for these so called tools.
3. No, we did not pay anything for this information because it is free to everyone. The coaches will have no idea of any programs.

Never once were we told about the 3 day cancelation policy nor is it on any of the paperwork. We found out about the policy 2 weeks after starting when I hit a major roadblock trying to obtain a business license. It was going to cost me $1200 dollars to obtain a business license in my city. I had already spent $10, 000 on the training and $450 to register my business name with the state. I immediately called my coaches and explained the situation. The one coach had no idea how to help me so she said she would talk it over with the other coaches to see what could be done. I received a call three days later from another coach asking me how things were going. I immediately became irate because that told me the previous coach had not talked with anyone on the coaching team. I went on to explain my dilemma and this coaches suggestion was to find things around the house to sell on eBay to make the money. I immediately informed this coach that I we were told the $10, 000 was to cover this and they were supposed to help us get this completed. He then informed me that the $10, 000 did not cover this it only covers the training. I was like, WOW! I paid $10, 000 for this! So I asked for a refund and that’s when I found out about the three day refund policy.

We enrolled on 8/13/2008 two weeks after enrolling in the program I was finding out the truth. That truth that we have been scammed by an unscrupulous sales team. We were promised many things only to find out that they were not truthful or factual.
Currently we are fighting to recop the $10, 000 from Thrive. I am willing to join any class action suit that is brought against these companies.

More Thrive Learning Institute / Infusion Media Complaints & Reviews

A  1st of Feb, 2009 by
How does a person or a group of persons such as ourselves, go about instituting a Class Action Suit?
A  15th of Feb, 2009 by
I was scammed by INTERNET AUCTION SOLUTIONS which works hand in hand with Thrive. I'm out $5, 000 and all I received was 6 weeks of training on E-bay and was then told that I would have to contact them to get some SEO for my web site. Nothing from something = nothing and I'm out the money. They asked me to take my negative comments of these complaint boards, but after this little amount of training no way.I will continue to express my opinion until we can put them out of business.
A  19th of Feb, 2009 by
I am a 75 year old who was sucked into the Thrive "business" and would love to join any class action suit to try to recoup any of my $7500.
A  26th of Mar, 2009 by
I was also scammed, I'm on the hook for $7, 000.00. So here I am, broke, not a cent comming in from the web site, no traffic there at all, no help from those rip off artists. Now I'm getting billed and hounded on the phone from the outfit that paid those scammers the money. Of course the finance company claims they are not associated with thrive in any way, they just want the money, it doesn't mater to them if we were scamned or not. I would also like to join in on a class action suit if someone knows where to go and how to do that.
A  8th of Apr, 2009 by
I guess I'm the lucky one thus far I thought I was trying a 7 day reveiw of their products and so I charged 1.97 to my visa. Never received anything in the mail, some guy called me trying to set something over the phone I told him I don't make big financial decisions without doing some home work or research about what I am inquiring well to make a long story short the guy never called back and if he did I was probably working late and missed his call. Well sometime later I get a charge on my credit card for 72.21 which I did not aurthorize...So I am going to call the during buisness hours and dispute the charge if I can't resolve it thru them. My bank told me to call after they have taken the money and they would fight them on my behalf... shady people to say the least...

Lucky Daniel: Austin, Texas
A  30th of May, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Looks like Thrive Learning Institute / Infusion Media are the same folks running the Google Treasure Chest / Google Money Tree scam.

N  1st of Jun, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Thrive Learning Institute/Infusion Media are the same folks running email...Google Pro, too.
N  1st of Jun, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I was reading on the FTC website Fight Back. Now, I am going to have a party with all the spam emails I receive. I for sure know Thrive has them coming my way. Once a fool...they think always one, but maybe they can be talking all about it to the FTC. So each of you start doing the same.

Fighting Back

Con artists are clever and cunning, constantly hatching new variations on age-old scams. Still, skeptical consumers can spot questionable or unsavory promotions in email offers. Should you receive an email that you think may be fraudulent, forward it to the FTC at spam@uce.gov, hit delete, and smile. You'll be doing your part to help put a scam artist out of work.
A  23rd of Aug, 2009 by
I am also interested in joining this lawsuit, as I am another innocent victim trying to re-gather myself after my original joy was outsourced to another company. I thought this could be my saving grace, but it has turned out to have taken the last bit of savings I had. Help!!!
N  26th of Aug, 2009 by
I am so hurt by what has happened to me. Thrive is such a scam! It is a shame honest people are being taken for thousands of dollars by these sick people. Please contact me if you know how I can get in on a lawsuit to shut them down. No one else should have to go through what all of us have every again. clarkmnj@yahoo.com
A  27th of Oct, 2009 by
My wife and I were also suckered into the whole Infusion Media and Thrive LI scam. We are now in debt and I didn't make a single dime on my website. Now I find out they aren't even around to get a refund according to their "Guarantee". We would be happy to join a lawsuit against them.
A  11th of Feb, 2010 by
I too have been scammed $10, 000. US that is $13000. Canadian. Thrive LI are the most
useless group of so called caoches (Roaches). If there is a higher being I hope he sends his rath
down on them and they all languish in jail somewhere, because that is the least that they deserve. If I knew that Bradshaw and all his clowns were behind bars I would be paid in full.