ThrillPlanet.com / no service

1 2593 Kennesaw Dr. West #300Kennesaw, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800 943 4025

I, too, was frauded by ThrillPlanet.com [protected] by "Ed" who called me on his cell number [protected] and by "Zek". They gave me a run around that "Elaina" was not in now and she would send the paper work.
I received a helicopter ride for my birthday. My mom purchased the ride on 05-17-08 and was scheduled for 06-07-08 at 1:00pm. They did not tell her WHO, just from Van Nuys, CA. My birthday present was on 6-03-08 and was looking forward to the 06-07-08 helicopter ride. They told my mom that "they" would call her 72 hours before the flight to tell her WHERE it was from. 72 hours before the ride, I CALLED THEM... inquiring where? They gave me a phone number of the place that was giving me the ride. They gave me Group 3 Aviation [protected] and I called that number. Yes it was a helicopter service that gives rides, BUT THEY NEVER HEARD of THRILLPLANET.COM and have no money or reservations for me. In fact, they don't do "gift certificates". That company called ThrillPlanet.com to see what was going on. I called back to ThrillPlanet.com and "Ed" said that they were going to fax over the info, and that Group 3 Aviation would call me in the morning. (48 hours before my ride). I called back to Group 3 Aviation and she said that is not what was said. She confirmed that I did not have a reservation.
After all this calling back and forth, my mom cancelled the credit card payment and her credit card!
I did file a complaint to BBB.
P.S. ---- ThrillPlanet.com called my mom back the next morning and left a voice mail, saying they need $30 MORE for my "ride"!
BTW.. it is cheaper to call the helicopter places and ask for a ride than go thru these scams.
I will post a complaint to Georgia Office of Consumer Affairs, now. (I read that in another persons complaint.)

An

Comments

20th of Jul, 2008

Tried on several occasions to reach company with no success. Beware people!

• M
      29th of Aug, 2008

This is weird. I used thrill planet to purchase a skydiving package. When I went to the site, they had no problem and thrill planet had paid them. Then I broke my foot skydiving and they offered to give me a gift certificate for the remaining money I had given them. I did not receive the gift certificate so I called and got ahold of someone and they reissued it and sent it to me. A year later, I decided I wanted to do some white water rafting so I called up and they set me up a trip to go using part of the money from the gift certificated. I still have money left with them. I did have a few problems with getting a hold of someone and had to call a couple times but they came through every time. I had never seen any complaints posted about them until today when I went online to get their phone number to schedule another rafting trip. Now there are comments all over the place. How odd