Thrifty Rental Car / not the car I had reserved, poor customer service
When I arrived at Thrifty, they did not have the Dodge sedan I had reserved and confirmed on documents that I showed them. Instead, I had the choice between a 12-passenger van and a mini-van (I am one person on a business trip for a week). I had to take the minivan, as no other vehicles were available. When I inquired, I got the "People are just not returning vehicles" excuse. When I inquired why I was not getting the car I had reserved, I was told "We guarantee the rate, not the vehicle!". My credit card (which worked seveal times that morning and at the restaurant, hotel, gas station, etc. that evening) was not being read on their swiper. I asked him to please put the # in manually, he said they had no manual swiper and went and asked the manager, who told me that I had to use another credit card. I use only that Master Card, no other, so I ended up using my debit card attached to my checking account. The most distressing thing about the experience was the complete lack of care the employees showed. Very poor experience, and I rent cars a lot. I would NEVER consider Thrifty again, and have directed my department not to use them from now on. Very disappointing.
More Thrifty Rental Car Complaints & Reviews
- Thrifty Car Rental - $25 admin fee for 0.25 toll charge 
- Thrifty Car Rental - unethical business practices 
- Thrifty Car Rental Romania - overcharged the cancellation fee 
- Thrifty Car Rental - rip off 
- Thrifty Car Rental - drop off charges 
- Thrifty Car Hire, King Shaka International Airport Branch - extra day rental charges and mileage 
- Thrifty Rent A Car - reimbursement
- Thrifty Rent A Car - toll fines
- Thrifty Rent A Car - thrifty car rental orlando fl airport.
- Thrifty Rent A Car - overcharging