Thrifty Car Rental / no car for my reservation

1 Denver Int'l AirportDenver, CO, United States Review updated:

I had a Reservation with Thrifty at Denver int'l Airport. My reservation on 2/26/09 was for an SUV with a Ski rack for our Ski trip. I made the reservation about a month in advance. Upon my arrival "Brooklyn" the rental attendant told me they didn't have the SUV I reserved but did have a bigger SUV for $50 more. I didn't want to pay more than what I reserved. Between him and his manager they decided to honor my reservation and send me to a competitor (Advance car rental). They told us they talked to Advance and that they would honor the rate we hade with Thrifty. When arriving at Advance they said Thrifty had never called them but they could help us and get us a SUV. The rental was more than my reservation.

Long Story short..THRIFTY SUCKS and jeopardized my ski vacation!! I will never rent from them again and I will make sure no one I know will rent from them either.

Tap

Ta

Comments

• Th
      12th of Mar, 2009

Thrifty is horrible. They gave me one quote online then when i go to pick up my car it is 3x the amount. online it was $95.00 when I go to pick it up they moved it up to 350.00. They asked me if i wanted insurance and then told me for 13 dollars extra I could get a bigger car. Ok. Well she didn't mention 13.00 dollars a day. Plus my personal insurance would cover it. THne I get home and 3 months later I'm told I never paid .50 cents for the toll. (what ever) How would i just roll through a toll with out paying. ) I'm charged the .50 cents and Thrifty helped themself to my credit card to the tune of 25.00 admin fee. Believe me they don't pay their admins 25.0o an hour or i'd move there. They pay them 10.00 bucks an hour. so you mean this took Triftys idots admins 2 and a half hour to deal with my .50 cent fee WHICH I PAID. whole freekin state of florida buch of molester and thieves. Thrifty will help themself to your card. beware. they just bought themselves 25.00's worth of advertising. I'm going to the bbb next and my facebook account. plus, i get the cars and hotels to the guy in my department they aren't going on thrifty's they are getting avis. Jerks

• To
      2nd of Mar, 2010

Agree
    After 8 years of being a BlueChip member, I’m done with Thrifty.
    Last year, I rented a car from Thrifty in Daytona Beach airport and when I arrived in late evening, the counter was already closed. All other car rentals were still open, but Thrifty decided to close earlier.

Two weeks ago I rented a FULL SIZE vehicle from Thrifty in Indianapolis airport. When I got there, there was not car for me. I end-up with a compact car, which was insufficient for my business trip.

What did Thrifty do: apologized with hopes that I will continue renting from them.

Enough is enough. I travel on business every other week and so far Thrifty has been the worse rental car company.

• Mi
      7th of Oct, 2010

I just experience similar bait and switch from Thrifty. We booked a Matrix, but were told all they had was a Yaris. A Yaris has 50% the luggage space as a Matrix - that is not a similar car. Of course, they could help me out with a van if I would pay a lot more money. I had to rent from someone else without a reservation for a lot more money than I had planned to spend. Thrifty sucks!

• Jc
      8th of Oct, 2011

THRIFTY THIEVES SHOULD BE THEIR NAME. STOLE GASOLINE OFF MY CREDIT CARD AND CLAIMED I DID NOT FILL THE TANK. AFTER I LEFT ON MY FLIGHT. WOULD NOT RESPOND TO COMPLAINT. SHOULD HAVE KNOWN WHEN IT TOOK 1 HOUR FOR ME TO GET MY CAR AND I HAD TO GET IT FROM THE STORAGE LOT. RUDE PEOPLE AND LIARS. BUYER BEWARE.