ThreadPit / Paid for goods, never received them!

1 112 SW 6th St.Gainesville, FL, United States Review updated:

I made an order on December 26th for one tshirt that I thought was cute, totaling $22.90 with shipping cost. They promise your order will ship within two days. I used a credit card through paypal, and I immediately received an email from them saying my order had been 'processed', giving me an order # and everything, so it looks very legit. They do not give a phone # or fax # in that email, just an email address.

After about a week and a half I was wondering why I hadn't seen my tshirt come through in the mail, and thought it was kind of wierd they never sent an email saying my order had shipped. So I emailed them asking for my order status. I received no reply. Then I emailed them a second time two days later, still no reply.

I finally emailed them for a third time last night (it has been at least two weeks and I seriously doubt I will be seeing any tshirt come through in the mail) -I've been ripped off! I wrote in my email to them if I did not receive any correspondence from them I'd be reporting them to the BBB of the internet. I called 411 to try and get a phone # for their company in Gainesville, FL. It just goes to some kind of automated voicemail box - so that is a dead-end. Short of driving halfway across the country, how do you get justice from these places? This looked like any other legitimate online vintage tshirt company - and when you google vintage tees, it comes up on top! That is the bad part about all this!

Do not order from this company because you will be sorry you did. It's like throwing your hard earned cash into a black hole!

Va

Comments

12th of Jan, 2008

Same thing happened here, ordered two shirts and a hoodie from them on december 27th, it is now january 12th and no sign of it. I have contacted them twice with no reply. It is a ###ing rip off, I am complaining to the bbb and am about to do what I can to get my money back from the credit card company!

• Re
      13th of Jan, 2008

Well, a similar thing happened to me, but I actually eventually got the shirts I ordered. It just took for freaking ever. I ordered them on December 22, 2007 and received them on January 11, 2008. Their site says that they will send an e-mail when the order has shipped... which I received today, January 13, 2008. This site isn't a rip-off, it just takes a ridiculously long time with absolutely no communication from the business.

15th of Jan, 2008

I've had the same problem. Ordered 2 shirts on December 29, my credit card was charged the next day, and I haven't received either. I've emailed to complain twice but heard no response. This is particularly frustrating as they were a gift and the more I go "no really babe, I promise I got you something, it just isn't here yet" the less she believes me... sigh. I too will be contacting the BBB.

• Sh
      18th of Jan, 2008

I'm going to be gutted if I don't get them, because I ordered 3 T Shirts from them a week ago, and have paid international shipping - airmail aswel

28th of Jan, 2008

I ordered my t-shirts on January 13th, my credit card was charged on the 15th, and I have finally received my t-shirts today, on the 28th. In between this time I have emailed Threadpit 2 times, and once on their website. I received no response. I only received an email that my order had been processed on the 15th. I'm happy that I finally have my t-shirts, although the shipping was promised 3-5 business days. I feel unsatisfied with this company, but I do like the t-shirts. Sizes do run big though. Good luck to everyone else. But if it helps, I DID eventually get my shirts. It just took 15 days, rather than what was promised...

• Sh
      30th of Jan, 2008

I also ordered a shirt from these rip-off artists. I ordered on Jan. 8th and still have not heard a thing...but, my credit card was charged. I've e-mailed 3 times and called them once with NO RESPONSE. I filed a dispute with my credit card company yesterday and hope to get a full refund.

• Ka
      31st of Jan, 2008

same thing with me is going on right now with THREADPIT.COM i ordered on jan. 23, the money for my order came our jan. 24th and here is it jan. 31st and nothing... no order confirmation e-mai, no order shipping tracking number, no replies when i send order inquiries--NOTHING!!!
    they are a joke and should not be allowed to advertise!
    terrible customer service, a total hoax!
    do not waste your money!
    i doubt i will ever get my order of 2 tee shirts from these a-holes!

• Ky
      2nd of Feb, 2008

I to ordered from THREADPIT on the 23 of january and still have not recived my order on the 2nd. i sent them an email and they did not respond. SUCH RIP OFF!!!!!!!

• Ky
      2nd of Feb, 2008

wait i recived shirt later this day, very good shirt, very bad shipping

• Jt
      13th of Feb, 2008

You people are complaining because you didn't get your stuff in a week or 2?

Eeehhhhhhh be patient and get over it. America has become a big bunch of whiny Veruca Salts... "I WANT IT NOWWWW DADDY!"

If you go to their section of the site labeled "Contact" it says that their back orders are actually 6 days behind.

You'd think that people would understand a business has to fulfill all its orders. They can't stop everything they're doing just to make sure YOUR ### COMES FIRST. Get over yourselves.

• Ry
      3rd of Sep, 2008

Well it has been two weeks and I have not even got an email saying they have shipped my shirts yet. They sure were quick to charge my card. And same as the other people here I have had no luck with emailing or calling them. I just hope that I get the shirts and it sounds like I will, just way after I made the purchase happy I did not buy these shirts as a gift.

• Ta
      21st of Sep, 2008

This ###ing website is ###! Rip Off big time!! bunch of weirdos makin this site are probably crack heads and drunks!

• Fr
      2nd of Oct, 2008
    ThreadPit - no recieved product
    threadpit
    112 sw 6th street
    Gainesville
    Florida

i ordered a tupac hoodie a month ago for $52.90. sent in two different money orders and have not heard from them or recieved my hoodie this place looks ok but will rip u off. the give no fax or telephone number.

13th of Mar, 2009

So far I have been burned as well. I ordered and paid for a shirt for my brother's birthday and it never arrived. I should have done my homework before ordering from this company, what a bad reputation. Bad service. Basically, they are theives.

• Ro
      25th of Apr, 2009

I don't know what happened with all of you, but I ordered my shirt, recieved confirmation, a day later recieved an email that it shipped, and after ordering a shirt on monday, got it on the following saturday. excellent service, excellent quality

• Mf
      3rd of Jul, 2009

Same thing just happened to me. Two weeks, nothing from the pit. I emailed, got an automated reply wishing me happy holidays, dated December (7 months ago). I called, got a generic voice messaging machine. No communication, no email, nothing. I have no idea at this point if I've been ripped off. I've left 3 messages, nothing. I paid for and was promised 2-day priority shipping, which is a joke.

• Ba
      4th of Jul, 2009

I am optimistic as no one has replied to say they actually disputed the charge and recieved a refund. I would assume that means that eventually you have recieved your merchandise. I have only been waiting a week since confirmation, but the communication with this company is non-existant. Aparently all the people in the photos in the "about" section is the entire company (that would explain a lot)... Also I am going to assume they are having to make more shirts than they can stock, so some of the wait may be due to availability of the particular style. They could also be made to order, which would be why it takes a month to get to your door. I spent a little over $100, so hopefully I wont have any dispute. As others have said just be patient, worst case you can take a vacation to gainsville and drop by to see the whole process first hand haha. I will post when I recieve the order, as should everyone else who has a complaint. Its easy to say they are ripping you off when you dont have your merchandise, I want to know who never recieved it ever (months afterwards). As of right now I could say they ###ed me, but I might recieve my order tomorrow and if I didnt tell anyone that I did recieve it then everyone just reads the bad news. The same thing is wrong with the media, all about breaking news and never follow up (unless its more shocking than before)...

4th of Sep, 2009

The same thing happened to me. I never received merchandise I have paid for. There is got to be something we can do. If we add it up it must be thousands of dollars they took from us. Can we start a lawsuit or something? Does anyone know what our options are? I will investigate and let you know. I think if we do it as a group it is more efficient.

14th of Sep, 2009

UPDATE as of 9/14/09: They did finally contact me last week after a month, apologized and sent me my return order.

• Mo
      17th of Jan, 2011

Too many complaints about threadpit.com, I should have known better. I did receive the 2 t-shirts I ordered, only the LG I ordered turned out to be an XL! I have contacted the company a few times and have not heard from them yet and it has been almost a month. My fault for ordering from a poorly rated, non-dependable company.