Thrash Aviation INC / Shoppers Sweepstakes

Thrash Aviation INC

Hu

Comments

6th of Mar, 2009

Hey, I got the same letter. I agree, it's a scam for those poeple who don't reply to the Nigerian e-mail.

Same claim number and everything. What a coincidence..LOL

• Be
      7th of Mar, 2009

Say I'm naive, but how do you know for sure its a scam. Is there proof? Have you read somewhere there is?

Bewildered

• Di
      7th of Mar, 2009

Sioux Falls SD, , I got the same letter today..Ck # 19611 Dated 3-3-09 $4993.00 It's a wounderful world we live in today.Don' get hooked bye these people and report them to the Iocal and Federal authorities.I work for Fedex and I see this thing all the time. They will want the $ 2995.00 or what ever the amount will be, before the let you cash the front check .By the time you figure out the check is no good they took your money and run. TO GOOD TO BE TRUE...DON'T BE THERE NEXT SUCKER...

• Ca
      9th of Mar, 2009

I received a letter & check today, dated 3/05/09 for $4, 993.00. Was really hoping it was legit.
    Stamp on the envelope was Canadian, no return address, Wells Fargo check out of Ohio, and Thrash address from Seattle...Scam, Scam, scam!

10th of Mar, 2009

Hey Guys, I too received the same letter above with same date. I took it upon myself to go the extra mile and report them to the Better Business Bureau in Canada. www.bbbmwo.ca or call 1-519-579-3080. I did explain to them the situation and even contacted the so called Linda Armstrong. She did tell me monotonely to go to the bank, cash check and call her after that to give me more info. I asked what the check was for and she said it was to pay taxes on my winnings. I asked her what winnings and she got fustrated and asked me WHY I WAS CALLING! I replied that I was calling regarding the letter and she said that it's all in the letter, it's self explanatory. I told her- a little upset- that she was naive to think that people would actually for it and that It's obvious it's a scam. That I would let the Better Business Bureau and CNN know what is going on and they they would get on to her. That all the info of the scam was on Google and they were on to her already. Her voice cracked, she called me and 'Idiot' and hung up.. I called her several times after and it goes straight to voice mail. So Bewildered, if that is not enough proof to you that IT IS A SCAM, I don't know what else will make you open your eyes; just hope you didn't deposit check! Anyway I did report her to the BBB in Canada and hope you guys do too, the more complaints they get, the faster her ### will go to jail.

• Ba
      11th of Mar, 2009

How this thing work. What happen if i deposited this check in new account? or bring it to Wells Fargo to see if authenticated?

11th of Mar, 2009

I just got the same crap from tampa florida i open a seperated acct to see if it cashes ill let you know its on hold at the bank for ten day joe cosimano

• Ro
      11th of Mar, 2009

I had one of these when I went home from work for the weekend. It will be interesting to see if the check clears at all or if it bounces. My letter has the same conf. no. as the example posted by the first complaint so it likely is sooo fraudulent. I will watch to see results of Joseph from Florida and his deposit. Ron from Missouri

Ron,

When i called the lady sound like an irainan ### i told her yr full of ### and someone like you should be hung you people need to be blown off the face of the earth with sadam thats how piss i am joe c

• Yv
      12th of Mar, 2009

What the heck is the purpose of this evil person?! Do not put check in the bank or else you will be charge for bouncing checks. So BEWARE!!!

• Va
      12th of Mar, 2009

I GOT THE SAME CHECK YESTERDAY AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO AS OF RIGTH NOW. BUT IF IT A SCAM, BE CAREFUL . BUT IF NOT YOU WILL BLOW A LOT OF MONEY .

12th of Mar, 2009

Hey, I got it to. Are we the 20 people they claimed won? hehehehe. I went to http://www.phonenumber.com/reversephone to do a reverse search on the phone number, it belongs to a cell phone. I don't think many legit businesses give cell phone numbers.

I looked it up because a few months back I was sent an email about certain area codes that could be dialed that will actually charge you thousands, just for dialing the number. This did not appear to be one of those. It is actually a cell phone registered in Ontario.

12th of Mar, 2009

I guess she's changed her bank and information, mine is all the same details of amounth and the check for 4993.00 but from Bank of America. She started name dropping JCPenny, Home Depot and so on. I had my friend call with claim number and use a different name and she didn't question it which means she's not checking anything. Also, it was sent to my mom whose been out of the country for the last year, and she said it's because the person shoped at one of those stores. Oh well. i guess i'll just have to earn my money the old fashion way.

• Ka
      12th of Mar, 2009

I just received the same lettter and check today. I live in San Diego. The check said it was from a Bank of America in Modesto, Ca. I got to tell you they really had me for about 30 seconds until I read the whole letter and saw they wanted "me" to send "them" money. Do they really think people are that stupid? I called the postal service and reported them for mail fraud and reported them to the BBB. Part of me really wanted to call the number just to [censored] with them and tell them thanks for the cash, I just came from the bank and got it all in hundies ha ha ha. But I'm afraid I might get charged $2, 000 for the phone call. Don't fall for it people.

• St
      13th of Mar, 2009

Yes I just got a check in Detroit also and called the monotone Ms. Armstrong and got the same speech about shopping for the holidays Sears, JCPenny's, etc... What a scam...The economy is down, people are out of work and these vultures just try and feast on us...Don't fall for it because it looks like alot more than twenty people got this "winning Letter"...

• Ba
      13th of Mar, 2009

I just recieved the same check, I am in Washington DC, I called the number and from the conversation with Linda Armstrong, sound like she was sleep lol. I knew it was a scam. Will not get me. I will be reporting her to better business also. Do not believe the hype.

13th of Mar, 2009

Wow I jsut recieved the same letter today in the mail and I was shocked at first!!! I thought that this check must be too good to be true, till I read the letter and I have been through this before and thankful that I haven't fallen for this type of scam. What worries me is that there are others out there that will fall for the scam and send thier hard earned money thinking that they will be recieve some sort of windfall specially in this ecomony. I tried to report it to our local police station and it was recommeded that I call the Attorney General of our state, which I will do. I tried calling the number on the letter to speak with Ms. Linda Armstrong, but was put on hold for a period of time. I am definately going to spread the word to family and friends not to get caught up in this scam... BEWARE!!!

• Gw
      13th of Mar, 2009

St. Louis here. We got one too. Same info as above, but drawn on a STL area bank with a different name. The date on our check is 3/11 and is drawn on the account of Thrash Aviation, Inc. Amount is the same, $4993. Our letter is signed by Mary Greene, with a phone number for Linda Armstrong. I wonder how much these idiots spent on postage??? Surely too much to even break even, considering that there can't be THAT many idiots in the world. Can there????
    Gwinovere, St. Louis

14th of Mar, 2009

hi everyone i got the same check in the mail today dated 03/11/09 in the amount of $ 4, 993.00 sound too good to be ture right, so i called the number was with a letter and set of instruction to what to do when i got the check so i dialed not very suprized no answer . the name on the letter is signed by the mary green the promotion manager so everone dont get suckered this is a scam the name on the letter will changed on every letter. be aware thanks.

• Vn
      14th of Mar, 2009

Thrash Aviation‎ Inc. exists but has diff addess -707 Highway 481, Pelahatchie, MS‎
    Union Planters Bank exists, but has diff addess -Coral Gables, Florida
    All info on the chech for not existing bank and company.
    After you deposit fraud check (you will know this in several days) you have to call them back and they will ask you to send them ~3K.