Thornton Performance Products/MyoMed arthritis cream / unauthorized payment

This company offered a free sample if you paid S&H. Got that OK, then BAM!! they bill me and make an unauthorized charge at my bank. This is not OK Luckily I caught it in time before it overdrafted me, (which it almost did!).
And how the Heck can that go thru on a Sat. evening... But, I can`t reach anybody from this Co. until Monday. Sometimes being the Consumer really SUCKS!
Be wary of free offers on the internet. I know I will be way more careful in the future!

Comments

Yo
  31st of Jul, 2008

They did the same thing to me. The free sample came in the mail without any receipt. I paid S&H using my debit card as advertised and five days after receipt of the supposed free sample, my debit card was hit with an almost $75.00 charge which I did not authorize. This is the LAST time I will do the free sample just pay shipping and handling because then my debit card is open for them to charge! I did not authorize the use of my credit card except for the shipping and handling of $4.95.

I am waiting for the shipment and as soon as I have it in my hand I will CANCEL. Their practice is not very professional!

Li
  22nd of Aug, 2008

The exact same thing happened to me. I gave them my Discover charge card number to pay for the s/h charges for the "free sample" and I never authorized any future shipments. When I went to pay my Discover card found another charge of $74.76 on my card!!! I called and left a message for them to call me but have not heard from them yet. Watchout for this company!

An
  29th of Aug, 2008

Exactly, beware of this company, they are less than ethical!
I signed up for a free sample bottle of product and agreed to pay the S&H of $5.33 but to date I have not received the free sample but instead for my trouble I have a further charge to my credit card of $80.74?! I tried calling to no avail, I tried to contact them through the internet but all to no avail. I finally contacted my bank who luckily will refuse to pay the unauthorised charge but beware of this company ... how much money have they already taken from people without being noticed ????

I will now stick to over the counter purchases where I pay cash, in the world today it seems nothing is safe on the net!

Also this commpany call themselves various names, T N Performance Products, Thornton Performance and USA Performance so seems they change their name nearly as much as they make unauthorised charges to unsuspecting customers!
BEWARE!

De
  19th of Sep, 2008

I also signed up for the free sample, paying for shipping. When the second shipment came with no paperwork for me to cancel, but have a charge of $74.95 on my statement I am now trying to locate the company to have this cancelled.

De
  1st of Nov, 2008

We have been charged 3 charges a month for three months and have not sign up for any products, nor received any products. We are turning the matter over to the credit card company and then the attorney general.