Thompson Cigars / terrible customer service

Actually, this is a response to the complaints. My problem started with what appeared to be an incompetent staff. I was at my wit's end, I asked for a manager, and got someone who didn't understand what the problem was either. The problem was simple, and I couldn't understand her inability or grasp, while insisting upon my joining the "club". It was clear that these were people with little to no grasp of english intricacies. I tried one last time to reach an AMERICA based manager. I spoke with Hoc Mai, and have been extremely satisfied ever since. He went out of his way to keep me as a customer. It's worth giving them a shot again, insisting upon American people in cust. service.

Comments

15th of Jul, 2007
    Thompson Cigars - Horrible customer service

I ordered a humidor which, due to a complex series of delivery problems never got delivered and I opted to have it shipped back to the company and request a refund.

The problem with this was that in order to actually speak to a customer service representative at Thompson cigars, it took many phone calls at various numbers... I still don't know which is the correct number to call for an honest to goodness customer service rep that knows anything!
    The first phone call put me in touch with someone in an entirely different country who barely spoke english and had no concept of the problem I was trying to discuss.That should have been my first indication as to what I was up against. During the series of attempted calls to speak to someone in customer service, I spent an irritatingly long time on hold EVERY single time I called. After waiting on hold then finally getting to speak to someone, I was either told to call a different number, hold to be transferred and then disconnected, or given inaccurate or condescending information about what to do. I was never given any useful help.

As it turns out, I had to finally contact my credit card company to stop payment, due to a lack of any progress in receiving a refund from the company.

I will never do business with Thompson cigars again. Their customer service has to be one of the worst in the industry.

• Al
      12th of Jan, 2008

What you dont understand is these Reps are being forced to provide this type of C S. Thompson is losing money and has resorted to Outsourcing in Manila..where you cant even understand them.They are constantly monitored and harassed.. Ask the BBC about them.. The Better Business Bureau could give you more info. Thompson has hired high school students to sell cigars..underage and promoting tobacco?

• Ro
      17th of Oct, 2008

Jarrod in customer service told me my order was shipped. The part of your order system shows it is still open. Please ship my order and confirm. Or I will go somewhere else.

• Fe
      23rd of Mar, 2010

WITH MY COMPLAINT, THE REP BASICALLY TOLD ME TO GO BUY SOMEWHERE ELSE. COULD CARE LESS THAT THEY JERKED ME AROUND ON SHIPPING!! HAD NO INTEREST TO SATISFY THE CUSTOMER.

BUY YOUR CIGARS FROM ANOTHER REPUTABLE OUTLET!!! I AM!