Thompson Cigar Company Horrible!horrible customer service

G Review updated:

About a month ago I ordered a bundle of cigars from Thompson. Within the month almost the entire bundle was growing mold and had spread to other cigars not ordered from their company. Went I wrote to customer service their response was it was our fault for not properly taking care of the humidor. We have had it for a few years and this was the 1st problem we had. After not hearing what we wanted to we responded with exactly how we cared for it, knowing it was done correctly. Their response was then, its too bad that the cigars became mold and again some other reason we made the cigar moldy. The following day I wrote to the live help customer service who was even WORSE! He said we were mistaken and it couldn't be mold, they were perfectly OK to smoke, yeah sure! I told him we threw them away, and his response was it's obviously untrue since we threw them away rather than sending them back. I asked for a refund on the 1/2 bundle we had to discard, he said they DO NOT REFUND complaints of mold. And after all the generic responses, he had the nerve to say THANK YOU for you business and feel free to call to place a new order soon. NEVER AGAIN WILL I ORDER FROM THEM, AND HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU DO THE SAME.

• J
      Jul 06, 2010

I BELIVE YOU WERE MISTAKEN TO THINK THAT YOU HAD MOLD ON YOUR CIGARS.
    IF YOUR HUMIDOR TEMP AND HUMIDITY WERE A THE PROPER LEVELS THERE IS A THING THAT IS CALLED "PLUME". WHICH IS WHEN THE THE OILS FROM THE CIGAR LEECH THROUGH THE TABACO WRAPPER.
    IT WOULD LOOK LIKE MOLD IF YOU WERE NOT AWARE OF WHAT IT WAS.
    DID THE CIGARS SMELL LIKE MOLD OR DID THEY HAVE A PLEASANT CIGAR SMELL?
    I HAVE HAD FRIENDS WHO WERE GOING TO THROW OUT CIGARS THAT THEY THOUGHT WERE "MOLDLY" WHEN IN FACT THE CIGARS WERE AT THE OPTIMAL SMOKING CONDITION.

• G
      Sep 15, 2019

I ordered from your company a couple months ago and never received my order.Am very upset, am going to contact my lawyer.It is so wrong to use people and lie to them.I work hard for my money and wanted to surprise my brother but after all this time I received nothing
    Am allowing one more week then am having my lawyer start charges.I ordered the cigars in a wooden humidor the lighter and other cigars for my husband.I was a special I received with the Sunday paper flyers.Grace Harding