THOMAS Recruitment / possible scam

AZ, United States Review updated:
I received the attached email. This by no means sounds legit. Sounds like some sort of money laundering business via wire transfer. When have you heard that a US checking account is a job requirement, also it says that you must make strategic investments I am quite sure that you need a license to do so. Also this add is so poorly written that raised red flag alone. When I blocked them on Careerbuilder they listed a different company name Universal Protection Service. I googled the name THOMAS Recruitment and nothing matched.

We have a part time job for you!
11/20/2008

ABOUTUS

THOMAS Recruitment is a teamof seasoned top executives in Finance and Investment Operations who haveunparalleled track records of success in pharmaceutical operations. We haveearned the trust and confidence of property owners in the hospitality industryworldwide with our expertise, credentials, and commitment to createvalue.

OURWORK

THOMAS Recruitment provides chainpharmaceutical investment resources without the associated chain bureaucracy andtheir associated costs. Instead of stand-off management, THOMAS Recruitment'soperations teams provide daily, hands-on involvement, thrive on interaction, andinject the intensity of firm principals into the working environment.

we thought you would be interested in this job we are offering :

Executive Financial Manager Apply Now

Req'd Education: High School Base Pay: 7% commission
Req'd Experience: No Employee Type: Financial Manager
Req'd Travel: No Industry: Financial Operations
Relocation Covered: No Manages Others: No

CURRENT RECRUITMENT

THOMASRecruitment is currently looking for US citizens willing to become ourcollaborators and work with us towards structuring our worldwide investmentprogram. Your participation does not require any investment. We are looking forpeople that own a checking bank account with any US financial institution andthat are willing to collaborate with our company in order to place strategicinvestments in the name of our company and by doing so also increase theirincomes.

JOBDESCRIPTION

The Financial Manager isrequired to be a US citizen with a valid checking account at any US financialinstitution..These transactions are fairly easy to process. The Manager willreceive instructions that will guide him/her through the entire process.
Your work will consist in receiving payments/investments from our UScustomers and making further payments to our main office or to one of ourregional affiliate departments.
Each transaction will be made only afterprior notification by phone call or e-mail.
You are not required to have anyextra knowledge or to be experienced in this business and this occupation canendow additional income to you and your family as it will not require more thanfew hours per week.

PAYMENT/SALARY
The payment system ifflexible and easy for everyone.Each Executive Financial Manager will receive amonthly base salary of $1000, plus a 7% commission from each transactionprocessed.

Requirements:

Location: USA
Checking account with any US financial institution
Daily task: Keep in touch with the Recruiting Director at least twice a day through e-mail;
Manage certain Funds Transactions;
Receive and Forward Documents and Papers;
Place strategic investments following the instructions given by our company;

Financial Managers not requiredto:

be experienced in this domain, as they will be thoroughly instructed;
sell products or have any contact with customers;
quit their current job, since this is a Partnership involving only a few hours of work per week.
Frequently Asked Questions :

QUESTION: Why don't THOMAS Recruitment's customers use INTERNATIONAL WIRETRANSFERS to send the payments / investments directly to the main office inLondon?
ANSWER: International wire transfers take a lot of time to clear and are veryexpensive.Also most of our customers are busy people that make the transactionsonline, directly from their bank accounts.Few banks have an Online InternationalWire Transfer option, but most of them allow Domestic Wire transfers to be sentdirectly from the online banking application.

QUESTION: Do I have to pay anything to get this job?
ANSWER: You don't have to pay anything in order to get this job.Jobs thatrequire upfront payments from candidates are usually fake.

QUESTION: I have an account with negative ballance.Can I use it?
ANSWER: No.You can't use an account with negative ballance.You can only use onewith positive balance ( or zero )

QUESTION: I don't have a bank account, but I am willing to open one.Can I stillget this job?
ANSWER: Yes, off course, if you can open a newaccount.

Equal OpportunityEmployment

We encourage and support equalemployment opportunities for all associates and applicants for employmentwithout regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or veteran status. Employment decisions arebased on an individual's knowledge, skills, abilities, job performance, andother qualifications that may be evaluated during the first phase of employment(Instruction Period). THOMAS Recruitment maintains policies and proceduresdesigned to comply with applicable federal, state, and local laws governingnon-discrimination in employment in every location in which THOMAS Recruitmentoperates. Individuality is the key to our success. We treat each client, candidate and employee as an individual with their own individual needs andtailor our offerings to best fit these needs.

Total work time per week will not exceed 5-6 hours. For furtherinformation about this job offering, please contact us at resumes@thomasrecruitment.com

NO PHONE CALLS. PLEASE DIRECTALL INQUIRIES TO resumes@thomasrecruitment.com

Ben Thomas,
Recruiting Director

You are receiving this employment opportunity email because you uploaded your resume on CareerBuilder.
If your employment status has changed or you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can update your privacy and communication preferences from your resume by logging onto CareerBuilder.com:

Or you can Block this employer from viewing your resume and sending you candidate emails.

This email was sent from Account ID A7A02G6D3L690VM4PPS and by this logged in User U7X54M72BWB3KSBVD7W
DISCLAIMER
Please be aware that the content of this email has not been reviewed or approved by CareerBuilder and is in no way endorsed by CareerBuilder. You are solely responsible for any response you choose to provide to this email and you do so at your own risk. If you have questions regarding the legitimacy of the position being offered please contact the CareerBuilder Trust and Site Security Team by submitting your inquiry to: TSST@careerbuilder.com Please also review common scams and tips for protecting yourself on CareerBuilder's Fraud Page. If you have questions or comments for and CareerBuilder, please use our feedback form.
Si

Comments

Ko
  29th of Nov, 2008
I think this is scam as well. No website, no google hits, and horrible spelling!

LoL i'm going to sign up for it and take their money and then close their account.
Ec
  29th of Nov, 2008
Totally agree.

Sadly when things like this sound that good and that easy . . . it's too good to be true.

3 year old doodles kick this emails butt in a writing contest.
And this is the first time I've heard that you need a checking account to work.

Funny thing though, when i goggled THOMAS the link to this page came up!
So my research was DONE!

However In the little words no-one ever reads . . . IT READS:

"If you have questions regarding the legitimacy of the position being offered please contact the CareerBuilder Trust and Site Security Team by submitting your inquiry to: TSST@careerbuilder.com"

SO guess what I did . . . I told him on 'em.

check what i wrote:

I received this today and i really hope that you guys take the time to look into it since I consider that there is a reputation to keep.

1. it sounds too good to be true + too stupid at the same time (nobody gives money to nobody just because . . . )
2. it's the first time EVER an employer asks for an active checking acct.
3. when i goggled THOMAS i found this https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/thomas-recruitment-c128644.html

This kind of things really suck for the people that are in desperate needs of a job since our economy is SO screwed up AND the holidays are here . . . .
Wa
  30th of Nov, 2008
I got the e-mail too. please let me know if anyone finds any information about this job.

Definatly sounds like a scam.

Oh, and they say something about France and the translation mistakes that they make are totally not typical of a French person but more like an Asian or Eastern European.
Ch
  30th of Nov, 2008
I just googled with organization and found this link! This was all I needed to confirm this was a scam...I mean who asks for a checking acct for transactions to be made. There are such things as wire transfers!
Ed
  30th of Nov, 2008
Just signed up with Career Builder today and got TWO identical email from these turds.

Interesting to see how the "i'm the widow Mobutu Sieseseko and i need someone with a checking account in the us to stash my funds" scam evolve.

the job search is becoming one of dealing one scam after another.

thanks for the heads up.
Ke
  1st of Dec, 2008
I received a very similar e-mail on Monday, 12/1/08. I completely agree that this is a scam. It is a terrible thing to do, and I did not expect something like this getting through such a reputable site as Career Builder. Please be aware that this company is now calling itself "AppleOne, Inc." Be careful everyone.
Si
  1st of Dec, 2008
I was the one who posted this complaint I also sent this same complaint to CareerBuilder and I guess they don't care since it looks as if someone got the same email as recently as today.
Wl
  2nd of Dec, 2008
They say "a sucker is born every day" -- in this case it HAS to be Thomas Recruitment !! LOL. The scheme is so transparently stupid they must have been reading "The World's Stupidest Criminals" book. (or watching the TV Show)

Nothing to fear from these guys. If I were them I would be as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs every time someone responds to their ad. The next Applicant could be their worst nightmare -- FBI, SEC, Mod Squad, DEA, my MOM or Grandmother ?

Stinking ###s !!
Da
  3rd of Dec, 2008
I have received the same email, Since the great DHL is laying 10, 000 iof us I showed my family and we all agreed it looks to good to be true. So I decided to open an account with no money in it of course, they end you a check for about $700 bucks first off and then wnat you to deposit it. but before I did I went to my account manager and asked her to verify the check. the check is bogus and of course if you had deposited in say your primary account they would have access to it. There goes your money. Good thing for Compass bank, she let me close the account she kept the bogus check and now its going to the states attorney. However like you say there probably isn;t a Thomas recruiting, but a Nigerain Scam. Live and learn people
Ec
  27th of Jan, 2009
This scam has been going on in UK, Korea and elsewhere for awhile. Actually it is a very sophisticated phishing scam. I have worked previously with DOJ on internet scams but they are often hard to track down because of the off-shore element. This scam seems to be beyond nefarious. Here's an article about it:

Sc
  27th of Jan, 2009
I actually actually opened up an account too just to see how everything would work and they deposited 2, 930$ in my account. I was pretty stoked and went and got the money out and everything was fine but when i got home my family and i decided to head back to the bank and check to see if everything was legit. The money came to my account in the form of a payroll and they said the money was legit but they wouldnt reccomend i keep the account so i immediately deleted my account and had the money transferred back to them so nothing could be traced to me. Anyway... The money came through fine but like everyone else has been saying, it looks wayyyy too good to be true.