Third Generation (3G) Mobile Network / Poor customer service!

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I made a request to them to port my previous mobile number to the recently purchased contract with 'three'. After 25 days of the purchase when nothing happened. I called 'three' on 10th April to confirm. To my surprise they, asked for the PAC code required to port the number again and told me to wait for a week.

According to them the number would have been ported on 17th, so I called them again on 18th April 07, and they asked me to wait for 24 hours due to some technical problem. After 24 hours of no resolution I called them again and they told me to wait for another 48 hours, so I called them again on 21st April 07. and they told me to wait till 24th April. on 24th April they told me to wait till 25th April.

On calling them again on 25th , I wanted to talk to the manager of the customer services. he also told me the same story, that the matter has been escalated on 23rd April (I am surprised that they didn't took any action on earlier events) and I have to wait for another 48 hours and even then their is no guarantee for the resolution.

This has been really frustrating, keeping in consideration that I am unable to fully use the three network services. I am unable to receive any calls or SMS on my mobile phone. And there are no satisfactory answers from the customer care teams, located in India and specially as they are dependent on the UK technical teams for any kind of issues. For which they are unable to provide any contact details.

I am totally upset and disappointed by the service and satisfactory answers provided by 'three' and also they are not considerate enough to call back or keep customer updated. Further to this, they are not able to provide me with any solution that can provide me some comfort during the time I am immobile.

Beware!

Comments

• Li
      20th of Jul, 2007

I have been with tree for 6 months and I'm sick of them. I have problems with my phone loosing signal, and as a solution to this when i called costumer services was get out of the house when i need to make a call. What the hell is this about?

Complained a lot and wrote couple of letters but i don't think is much help. They're still ripping me off and i cant do much about it.

25th of Jul, 2007

Totally disgusted! Have 3 pay as 4 my 3 daughters, feel like i was conned in 2 contract 4 digital camera, 3 says not there prob? No camera! A massive bill, my advice don't do 3!

7th of Sep, 2007

Yes i agree... three has the worse service... am tired of them... hope there was a way to break the contract.

• Xy
      8th of May, 2008

I must say that I agree with all the complaints about the phone company 3! I was harrassed by door knockers for about 3 months until I finally agreed to sign up for a phone and a contract.

During the time of the contract, my mobile service dropped in and out constantly and was generally unreliable.

When I called and complained I was informed by a customer service rep (who couldn't speak english properly) that there were "problems". I ask to cancel my contract then, and of course was told that I couldn't. After serveral phone calls to inept customer service reps to cancel my contract, I finally just gave up and turned the phone off and got a new one, with a different company.

I urge everyone to really be careful before going ahead with this company. A lot of friends who were roped in to contracts with them have also regretted it!

• Lu
      30th of Oct, 2008

Guys, I've had problems with 3 myself.

It has driven me to create a blog:
    www.threecomplaints.com
    I have provided a few details about how to get complaints sorted and to post complaints from people (a bit like here but specific to Three). Check it out and drop me an email if you would like your complaint posted on my site.