third dimensions hair salon / poor service, rude employees

1 Bonney Lake, WA, United States Review updated:

I walk into this salon in the middle of the afternoon, the gal at the front desk is on a obvious personal call.

I stand and wait, until she is annoyed with me looking at her and listening to her conversation.

There are two other stylist in the salon.

As the receptionist gets off the phone, she asks me, how can I help you? I tell her I would like a hair cut.
She replies by saying. name? phone number? I tell her and she tells me to have a seat...

I 'm thinking why am I sitting down...there is no one in here, and the other two stylist are sitting at the stations, doing nothing.

I was sitting for about 60 seconds, and the stylist comes up and says my name...
I follow her back.

I sit down to a beat up salon chair, and little cut hairs all over her station counter top... dirty. We are talking filth from all sides. (it crossed my mind to stand back up and leave)

I tell her that I have a picture for the type of cut that I am looking to have.

She glances at it for a few seconds and says ok.
I ask her if she would like me to leave the picture out?
She says No.

Ok, I put it away.
I then tell her that I would like my hair cut dry.
(here is the thing about dry haircut...they are even...wet hair cuts on the other hand-your hair tends to dry during the cut...thus making your hair shrink back up to it's dry length...a lot of stylist do not consistently keep your hair wet, making your hair uneven..)-I used to be a salon manager, and a stylist, I would know.

So, after I tell her my preference of having a dry hair cut, she tells me, lets go to the shampoo bowl, as she is pulling on the cape the she put over me. I said, why, what is at the shampoo bowl? She tells me as she laughs, I'm going to shampoo your hair. I said no thanks, I just washed it 4 hours ago, and I dont want a wet cut. She says ok.
Then she starts spraying my hair down the water. Literally soaking me, my face and every where around me. Now I'm thinking, ok, it's time to go, she isn't listening.

Again, the 3rd time, I want my hair cut dry.
She again, says ok.

Then she asks how much hair do you want cut off. I tell her, I would like 1.5 to 2 inches cut off the length, and 4 inches off the layers, but please follow the same cut that I have. (I have hair down to the middle of my back, it was getting way to long for me to manage)
So, she starts cutting the back. She took 2 inches or so off the back, and only 1 inch off the sides...meaning she didn't follow my cut. I sit in silence, and let it go.
Then she cuts my layers, and not really anything came off of my layers. She went to use thinning shears on my hair. I do not like thining shears. I prefer "point cutting", or "knotching", I ask her not to use the thinning shears, and to use either of the two other techniques. She got mad. She told me that I look scared. I told her, I'm not scared, I'm just telling you how I would like my hair cut. She started to come near my hair and opened the thinning shears like she was going to cut with them anyway. I told her to stop. I do not want thinning shears used on my hair, it's fine for some people but I prefer knotching, do you know what that is? She finished my hair cut with the knotching technique.

Oh, and during the entire haircut, that other stylist that was doing nothing, she was sitting at her station playing with her hair, and then saying to me, your hair is so pretty, georgous, beautiful...just overkill...

I go to the front desk to pay, without my stylist that couldn't listen for nothing...and once again, the receptionist is on a personal phone call. I wait, and wait and finally take a seat. Oh, she's ready to take my money now...I get up to the desk, and she just looks at me. Finally I ask, how much? She says, 20. I say even? She said yes... O.K. I hand her 20 bucks. I'm still standing there..I still want a reciept...she can't give me one.

So, I leave, with the haircut I didn't want, and no proof of payment.

What a experience. More like a joke.

Sa

Comments

Te
  16th of Oct, 2008

I too have experienced such poor treatment and bad hair cuts in the past. I'm not super picky, so I usually can work with a bad cut. But my last experience was yesterday 10/15/08, when I went to get a simple toner put on extemely lightened hair. The stylist couldn't figure out what toner to put on and finally decided on some concoction, I don't know. I too at this point thought of running. She proceded to put the "toner" on my hair, half way through a marble size blob of toner lands in my eyes. Being the non confrontive peace keeper I am I tried to keep it quiet while I told her, " Oh my God you just got product in my eye." she stood and stared at me as I smeared mascara and product all over my face. She offered me a dry towel siting on the counter in front of her. I continued to wipe. Finally she gets a corner of a rag wet and brings it to me. I say this is not helping it hurts so bad. I was feeling sick to my stomache, shaky and I thought I was going to faint. I say get this stuff out of my hair ( half my head was covered in product) I said it would be nice to get an apology, she say "I'm sorry", but then pride tooke over and she says to me, the one in pain with product in my eyes, " I said I was sorry and offered you to rince your eyes." As I am rinsing product fom my eyes, another stylist comes over with a cold water soaked rag and we put on my eye and I start to feel some relief. I get up with wet dripping har and tell the manager, front desk person what happened, she acts shocked and I walk out the door. Teh next day 10/16. I am still in pain so I call the solon only to be met with, " I am sorry you had a bad experience, but I have to stand behind my stylist" The call to the corporite office was no better. Still in pain, I think I will be heading to a doctor tomarrow. Any help or suggestions?

Re
  3rd of Dec, 2009

My mom, cousin, and I went to Third Dimension salon in April 2009, the only reason why we tried the place was because we followed a stylist that was really good with my mom's hair. Our stylist was on vacation, but we decided to get our hair done anyway. My mom went to sit down to get her hair cut first. The lady at the front counter suggested we buy something from Fred Meyer because there was a coupon for a few dollars off of a haircut on the back of the receipt. So I go into Fred Meyer and buy something. While I am gone the stylist was almost finished with my mom's hair. My cousin was sitting in a chair right behind my mom, she was just starting to get her hair styled. Its now my turn to get my hair cut by the same person who did my mom's hair. After I get my hair washed, and the stylist starts cutting my hair my mom comes up to me and has to share something funny that happened over her cell phone. I giggle but I try not to move because the stylist was still cutting my hair. My mom then goes to try to tell my cousin this same funny thing. On her way she slips on a comb and falls to the ground. The place is busy, and nobody stops what they are doing to see if she is okay. The stylist working on my cousin's hair apologized for dropping her comb on the floor. But didn't offer to help her up. The stylist who was cutting my hair didn't stop cutting my hair. I did not have my glasses on so I couldn't see very well. With my stylist not stopping I wasn't able to see if my mom was okay. My stylist then telling me that she did that same thing just a few weeks ago, and was fine. I thought to myself that her and I look to be around the same age so of course she would be fine. But a women twice her age falling could be hurt. My mom finally gets up and hobbles to sit on a chair. The stylist finally finishes my hair, we pay and leave. My mom was still in pain a few days later, so she calls up the salon and asks to speak to a manager, it turns out the stylist cutting my hair was the manager. All she does is asks if we liked our hair cuts. My mom was given advice to go to a doctor and get everything documented. She is still suffering from back pain but there was no accident report filed at the salon, and they refused to fill one out.

Er
  5th of Feb, 2010

Horrible service at Tualatin OR location. The stylist was amateur and didn't know what she was doing. She gave me the wrong color, how could you not know the difference between blond and brown, and charged me way too much for the cut. The salon upcharged me for services I didn't ask for. What a total scam. Avoid this place.