ThinTabs / Unauthorized charges

Requested free Sample and paid the shipping on a credit card. The next thing I receive a package from them which I did not open and marked it refused return to sender. I had not ordered anything but the free sample but was charged $149.95 for purchases & fees for THINTABS. I called the company and was told they would email a confirmation to cancel. I contacted my credit card and they said to talk to the THINTABS company. I have not heard from THINTABS Co. but still have the bill to pay?

Comments

• Si
      23rd of Feb, 2007

Thintabs.com is pathetic.

The dumb rep forgot to cancel my account and he is no longer with the company. The supervisor keeps promising to refund 149.95 which has not gotten back to my CC.

25th of Feb, 2007

Took money from my Credit Card without me knowing... $149.95. Please help me stop these people. Ms. Oliver

27th of Feb, 2007

Did you charge you 49.95 for the cancellation fee, if yes then they cannot bill you the 149.95? Do you have any proof that you called in to cancel before the trial?

• Ka
      3rd of Mar, 2007

First of all, I am not giving no one permission to charge my card for anything. I did not ask for these pills that were delivered to me today they will be sent back and I will not allow anyone to take any money out of my account. If there is any money taken out then I expect you or whoever to put the money back in because you have no right to just take peoples money. I will be more than happy to join in on the law suit if there is any money taken out of my account. That is consider to be theft by taken. Won't be so nice for the company nor the owner.

3rd of Mar, 2007

I dont work with Thintabs.com. I was just a consumer. Did you sign up with thintabs.com at all in the past?

• De
      13th of Mar, 2007

The same thing happened to me I ordered a sample that I never received and now I'm gonna be overdrawn because of the unauthorized charge to my bank card. how can we get our money back and keep these frauds from ripping people off. I did not get any packages.

• Ve
      13th of Mar, 2007

I ordered the trial for $4.95 When I received it I called, But you only get voice mail to leave messages. No body ever called me back. You know they are not going to call to tell you that they're not stealing your money. It was weird when you call and can't speak to a real person. I put a stop payment on my credit card. I told them this was an authorized charge.

13th of Mar, 2007

Deborah: the sample package may have been lost or never sent. But the terms still apply. You should have cancelled your trial and paid the $49.95 for the cancellation fee. If Thintabs.com does not refund you the amount then I would contact your bank to dispute the amount.

Veronica: You have to cancel through a submit ticket online. They will respond to you. Also when you call that number, do not press any numbers, just wait and you will be transfered to a live person. Well actually they do call you back most of the time within 24-48 hours.

Finally the manager there is trying to refund me the $149.95 but it has been 2 months and she is still trying. She says her system is all screwed up, but thats not my fault.

*Make sure you read their Terms and Conditions.

• De
      14th of Mar, 2007

I went to my bank today. I was told that since i never received any product at all that i will not be held liable. They processed a claim for unauthorized debit to my atm card, canceled my old card, and gave me a new atm card. They told me i should be able to receive my money back .

• Sh
      16th of Mar, 2007

I signed up for a free trial. Cost was about $5 shipping. Next thing I know is $150.00 charge hits my card. Thintabs won't return phone calls. No free sample no nothing. WHAT A RIPOFF! THIEVES!

16th of Mar, 2007

It doesn't matter if you received the product or not. Did you read the Terms and Conditions. It says that there is a $49.95 cancellation fee. Once the cancellation is processed. They cannot bill you any further.

20th of Mar, 2007

I am about to file a lawsuit with this pathetic company!

• Ge
      22nd of Mar, 2007

I ordered a free bottle of thintabs and payed shipping and handling of $6.98. They they charged my account 149.95 TWICE.

When I received the free bottle, I went back in and read the fine print that then only showed in other areas of the advertisement. The information was not shown when I ordered the free bottle. I looked for it because usually they send you something else automatically and you can send it back and keep it and pay for it. I wouldn't of ordered the free bottle even if I would of seen that option.

The fine print in the different section now said that they would send another bottle and I would pay $149.95 for it with no refund.

I instantly went back to the site and told them not to send me anything. (at all ever) I told they that I didn't like their customer service.

Then they took the money out of my account twice.

I talked to them on line again and told them that they were committing fraud, and I wanted my money put pack in my account. I said would send everything back even though I had told them not to send any.

They did put the money back and apologized for the inconvenience. The bottles came to the post office and I just sent them back. I didn't even take them out of the post office.

I got a letter from Recovery and Collection stating that I owed thintabs $202.43 (?) I called them and told them that I owed thintabs nothing and they were committing fraud. They told me to send everything to them in hard copy. I couldn't even fax it. I did as they requested.

I was applying for a loan and have always had very good credit. They said that my credit was awful because thintabs had turned me in. I explained everything to them and they said that they would help me get it off my record. I just needed a letter from the collection agency stating that it was in fact not a true.

I called recovery and collection po 840 Moon, twp, pa 15108 phone 1-866-400-8682 to talk to customer service. They told me that they could do nothing. They had received my information, and it was in review, which would take a couple of months. They really didn't want to give me the time of day.

Finally when I kept pushing the issues and telling them how I was scammed by thintab, they gave me another number. I have apartments and I need to get another loan on them or I will lose them NOW.

When I called the other number, I got the same reaction. "We cannot do anything because it is in review." Well, why did they ruin my credit when they do not even know if it is a honest billing or not?

This girl didn't want to talk to me either but finally explained to me that when I ordered the free bottle I also agreed to pay for the an additional bottle. I said that I didn't see that at all when I ordered the bottle. She insisted that I had oked the free bottle and the extra $50.00 was now collection fees. She still insisted that it would be months before it went through the collection board. I told her that it had already been two months and I needed my credit fixed now.

She said that the only way I could get this off my bill was to pay the $202.43. She said that she could get it off tomorrow and would I like to pay it now? She said that nothing is ever free. You could tell that she was very programed with her information.

So I payed the 202.43 with a check number and when I pinned her down again about getting it off me credit she said that it would take about a month. She said that if I would call the Better Business bureau that they might call her and tell her to take it off sooner. Give me a break!!!!! I really think that this "collection agency"' is just part of the scam. That way, they can hold people off for months, steal their money and credit, close shop and move on down the road OR IN THIS CASE ANOTHER WED SITE.

If you know any way to help. Please do! It is hard to fight AIR until we all learn the ropes.

Geri Boehme
    Geriboehme@aol.com

• Sh
      22nd of Mar, 2007

I also order the pills for the trial product i didn't even click the terms and condition button because i didn't see it. After clicking the page return and i saw frequent question and then i saw the terms and condition. then i right then and there submit a ticket and hadn't heard from them yet or saw any product. It's not free if you are told your being charge for additional product for a sample product. I put my ticket in before they could even make a packet for... this wrong and its a fraud.

22nd of Mar, 2007

the terms and conditions is hidden on a different page, it gives you no option to read that anywhere near. the terms are garbled all up... you really have to concentrate to read the billing part.

I am going to sue this company! I could care less how much money i have to spend but I will make sure this company goes bankrupt! and that is one of my goals in life!... I will get the best possible lawyer there is!

• Ro
      17th of Apr, 2007
    ThinTabs - Advertised as free then took money from my credit card

I called about this product & they told me they would send some free samples. I got them then found that they had charged my credit card for $149.95 Now I am trying to get in touch with them they say on a animated phone message to go to www.usaveonpills.com. and go to the cu stomer complaint Dept. I tried but there is none that I can find. Nothing for costumer service. Please help me I can not afford this. Plus its a rip off. Thank you, Roxi Englert

• Ba
      18th of Apr, 2007
    ThinTabs - Someone has to stop these people!

THINTABS CAUSED MY CHECKING ACCOUNT TO BECOME -$800.00.

I found this complaint extremely useful to me. I have been trying to find out where I could go to see if anyone has had any negative experience with ThinTab. My checking account was billed for $149.95. I didn’t receive any pills from this company, so the bank gave me the number to contact them. I called and the gentleman was very rude to me. He said the money was for some type of membership. I told him that I didn’t receive any pills and that I didn’t want to be in their membership. He said they don’t give refunds. I told him you couldn’t make a consumer be in your membership. He said I just did and hung up on me.

The $149.95 caused my banking account to be overdrawn -$800.00. My checking account was so messed up I didn’t know what to do. None of my bills got paid they were all returned unpaid. I’m on a fixed income and not only my checking account was messed up but my credit as well.

Someone has to stop these people put him or her in prison forever. Better still put them all on an island with no possibly way of reaching society. Let them do wrong to each other and let them find a way to have shelter, food, and clothing. Just put them on the island and forget they even exist.

Barbara Lovelace.

• Ba
      19th of Apr, 2007

THINTABS CAUSED MY CHECKING ACCOUNT TO BECOME -$800.00

Barbara Lovelace

• Re
      25th of Apr, 2007

The same happened to me. My CC was charged 4.95 for S & H. 20 days later my CC was charged $149.95. I tried unsuccessfully to contact the company. I disputed the charge through my bank and has to close my CC account. This is not right. It is false advertisement.

• Ca
      29th of May, 2007

I also was stunned when i cancel this offer three times and when i went to get money out of my checking account i was overdrawn 180.00. I then looked into it and sure enough it was unsaved pills. I have been trying to get in touch with them always having to use a different user id and password and still to this day about two weeks now no response i do not have that kind of money to just say well i will learn next time this is 149.95 dollars that is a lot of money for these creeps to keep that is mine please.

Help me get my money back!