Think Cash Advance / Unauthorized sharing of my private information

1 Houston, TX, United States Review updated:

Unfortunately I have had to use the services of a Cash Advance company. I had used Paydayok.com before, but when I went to their website I was automatically told i needed to go to www.thinkcash.com to do an online cash advance. Well, that was a huge mistake.
It has taken me 2 years to realize, but Think Cash actually shares your private information with other companies. They gave my routing number and bank account number to several companies, including XL Entertainment which then charged me $39.95 - there is another charge still pending I am waiting to see what that company name is. If you read their disclosure agreement, it does state they will share your "non-public" information with other companies. To me that means your name and email, not your bank account information!
Chase Bank's fraud department told me they see many fraudulent charges on people's accounts when they have used a Cash Advance company. Think about it - you have to give them your routing # and checking account #. Thats how all of these fraudulent charges come up on your account, they are never charged as a debit/credit card payment. I have never had any checks stolen and only write a check for my rent to my apt complex, and i seriously doubt they are selling my information to other companies!
Think Cash is taking advantage of their customers who are already broke as it is, why else would you use their services? They share your information and although I am sure its illegal, they are using some loop hole in their fine print to get away with it. Stay away from any cash advance company, including Think Cash!

Ha

Comments

• Pr
      19th of Nov, 2010

Hello, this is my first time here. Here is a Question? Are the ADS. on these web sites SAFE TO US?

• Je
      3rd of Dec, 2010

I completely agree! Applied online and with 6 hours was charged 49.90 for a company called direct benefits group LLc, called bank immediately and had account frozen. When I called the bank the electronic check was endorsed by non other than 1st bank of delaware, called think cash and was told another company had "piggybacked" the loan application and a supervisor named mike would call back. Imagine that he never did. The phone # for DBG was a trick, claiming new information available for this # will text u info, was a reverse phone directory service at 9.95 per month. I called Think cash again and pretended I was still interested in the loan, You should have heard the silence when I let them know I had turned it over to the police to investigate. my credit is crap so let them try and get a loan with my info, jokes on them!!!

12th of Jan, 2011

I also has money taken out of my account without authorize.