TheTanStore.com / charge account/no delivery of product

1 2114 E. Boulevard, Suite 244Kokomo, IN, United States Review updated:

CORRECTION TO PREVIOUS COMPLAINT...I PUT IN THE WRONG ADDRESS
Buyer Beware! Placed an order on June 15, 2008, they debited my account immediately. Checked web site for order status update; goes to a blank page. No phone number provided so I sent email. First email received no reply. Second email sent and I received a bogus "vacation" reply:

***** THIS IS AN AUTOMATED VACATION RESPONSE *****

Thank you for contacting www.thetanstore.com. We will be closed Friday, July 4th - Tuesday July 8th in order to let our employees enjoy the holiday with their families. We apologize for any inconvenience.

There have been several backordered lotions INDUSTRY WIDE over the past month and a half. We apologize for these backorders; however, they are completely outside of our control.

****WE ARE TO BE RECEIVING SEVERAL SHIPMENTS OF BACKORDERED LOTIONS FROM SEVERAL VENDORS ON TUESDAY AFTERNOON. WE WILL BE FILLING AND SHIPPING 240+ ORDERS IN THE NEXT SEVERAL DAYS. YOU WLL RECEIVE CONFIRMATION YOUR ORDER SHIPPED.****

Thank you very much for your business and we will update tracking #s and answer emails as soon as we possibly can. Thank you."

No other responses.

Comments

• Ba
      26th of Jun, 2008
    TheTanStore.com - Buyer beware. . . No one is home
    TheTanStore.com
    2114 E. Boulevard, Suite 244
    Kokomo
    Indiana
    Phone: 765-319-0544
    www.thetanstore.com

Placed order on June, 5 2008 they confirmation order same day charged my account the next day. Tried to check order on June 12 2008 got Yahoo auto response Thank you for contacting www.thetanstore.com. If you are emailing to check on the status of your order, please bear with us as we are closed today (Wednesday June 11th) and and were closed Monday and Tuesday due to the extreme flooding we are experiencing here. Our warehouse itself has not been damaged; however many roads surrounding it are closed and there are areas that have been evacuated and we cannot get to the warehouse. We apologize for the inconvenience, but more than half the state is flooded and we are still under flood warnings for tonight. There have been several backordered lotions over the last several weeks. We apologize for these backorders; however, they are completely outside of our control. ****WE WERE TO RECEIVE A HUGE SHIPMENT OF BACKORDERED LOTIONS FROM SEVERAL VENDORS ON MONDAY AND EXPECT MORE ON TUESDAY, BUT WE HAVE BEEN TOLD BY UPS THEY CAN NOT DELIVER TILL PROBABLY TUESDAY OR WEDNESDAY, DEPENDING ON THE ROADS. WE WILL BE FILLING AND SHIPPING 250+ ORDERS IN THE NEXT DAY OR TWO. YOU WILL RECEIVE CONFIRMATION YOUR ORDER SHIPPED.**** Most of the backorders are due to the manufacturers not producing enough product to meet the heavy demand during this busy tanning season. We will ship these lotions as soon as we receive them. Thank you very much for your business and we will update tracking #s and answer emails as soon as we possibly can. Thank you.

June 18 2008 email again NO RESPONSE so on June 20 2008 called 765-319-0544 answer machine NO RESPONSE Google their mail address guess what No STREET ADDRESS IT'S A UPS STORE MAIL BOX.
    Checked local newspaper all that was listed for more than half the state is flooded is pure just NOT THEIR HALF OF THE STATE.

On June 25 2008 I called my bank and protested the order and bank will refund. LOOK OUT VERY VERY BIG RIPOFF THEN THEY BLOW SMOKE UP YOUR A$$ THETANSTORE.COM RIPOFF.

7th of Jul, 2008
    TheTanStore.com - Buyer beware. . . No one is home
    THETANSTORE.COM
    2114 E. Boulevard, Suite 244
    Kokomo, IN 46902, Indiana
    Phone: 7653190544
    thetanstore.com

Buyer beware! This place is a fraud...No one at home. Placed an order on 16 jun08 and credit card charged immediately. Checked web site for order status update and sent email requesting order status update 25 jun. No update and no reply to email. Called company phone number (765)319-0544 and immedately got an automated voice recording..."we can't answer the phone". Have tried and tried to get some type of update regarding order status with no joy.

According to the website...There is a 20% cancellation/restocking fee on all packages returned to thetanstore.com for non-delivery or for cancelled orders. ***this includes all refused packages and all backorders that have not been 10 business days.*** the restocking fee will be deducted from the amount refunded, along with the cost of the shipping charges for your order (Only for orders that shipped and were refused or cancelled, not for backordered items). Make sure you give the correct shipping address when you place your order. If you would like your package resent, we will be more than happy to do so, but you will be charged the cost of reshipping your package, as the usps will recharge us. Shipping fees are not refundable. If you file a chargeback before 14 business days for non-receipt of order due to backorder status, you will be charged a $25 service fee. We normally do not take this long to ship orders, but sometimes it cannot be helped due to backorders from the manufacturer.

If you sincerely want to get the product(S) that you desire within a reasonable time frame, look elsewhere. I sent an email today requesting cancellation of my order, since i've waited the 14 business days and today, for the first time i received a yahoo auto response:

***** this is an automated vacation response *****

Thank you for contacting www.Thetanstore.com. We will be closed friday, july 4th - tuesday july 8th in order to let our employees enjoy the holiday with their families. We apologize for any inconvenience.

There have been several backordered lotions industry wide over the past month and a half. We apologize for these backorders; however, they are completely outside of our control.

****we are to be receiving several shipments of backordered lotions from several vendors on tuesday afternoon. We will be filling and shipping 240+ orders in the next several days. You wll receive confirmation your order shipped.****

• We
      7th of Jul, 2008

I finally got my money refunded after 6 weeks. Another girl said she did finally receive a product but it took forever. I won't be ordering again from these people. I'm just glad I got my money back! I was fearful this was a hoax.

• Na
      8th of Jul, 2008

I have the same problem, i placed an order on June 22nd and have received nothing. I have not received a response to my emails and will be attempting to get my money back through my bank.

I will NEVER order from there again. They have no phone number which should have been good indication they are FRAUDS!!!

• Te
      10th of Jul, 2008

i ordered 5/09/08 have not recieved order same bulls--t! i am protesting order now. i am going to contract the fbu in the idiots!

• Th
      16th of Jul, 2008

That is our mailing address, NOT our physical address. You are correct... Kokomo did not get flooding. WE live south of Kokomo and they did! We have been dealing with the damage and getting it fixed for a month now. Right now, delays are due to multiple backorders INDUSTRY WIDE. If your order hasn't shipped it's due to backorders, nothing else. We understand frustration on delays... it is frustrating to us too. Designer Skin/S.Beauty and Aust. Gold (all owned by same company) have been the worst. Several lotions have been backordered for 7, 8 and now 9 weeks for 14K. Payment Processor processes transactions daily and does not offer us a way to hold back orders when they are backordered. We agree this is an issue and have brought it tho their attention repeatedly.

• Rh
      17th of Jul, 2008

My order was placed June 10, 2008 and I still haven't received my prodcuts either. But they sure don't waste anytime charging your credit card. I've written 3 emails and no response to any of them. I just ran across their phone number and have left a message - we will see if they return the call. I'm asking for a full refund and cancellation of the order, this is ridiculous. I don't need it now, I've already wasted 2 tanning packages and I'm not buying a 3rd. Maybe TheTanStore should reimburse me my 2nd tanning package since I bought it thinking my products would be here anyday - AND I'M STILL WAITING. I won't use this company again, makes me think all those blogs out there are fake from people who said they just loved them, I'm not believing them now.

• Br
      17th of Jul, 2008

I PLACED A ORDER ON JUNE 24TH IT WAS TAKEN OFF MY DEBIT CARD JUNE25TH, IF THEY CAN'T GET TO THE WAREHOUSE WHY ARE THEY TAKING MONEY FROM MY CARD.

• Br
      19th of Jul, 2008

Same story! We placed an order a couple months ago, credit card was charged immediately, received a couple email replies stating the back order issues. As time has passed, I haven't gotten any replies other that the auto vacation reply as stated by the 1st complaintant. This certainly seems like a scam.

• Je
      21st of Jul, 2008

Today is 7/21 and I placed my order on 6/29. The money was taken out of my bank the next day. I have emailed and called several times and no response. I will be going to my bank today to file a dispute as well as contacting the BBB. Backordered items? I can understand that. But ignoring my emails is BS and I will not tolerate it. Good luck TanStore.com, you'll need it!!!

• Sc
      22nd of Jul, 2008

Same deal here, order placed card charged immediately. Order placed on 7/2, 20 days later still no product, no return emails, no return calls. I reported it to consumer affairs, which probablly wont get me far, but at least it was reported. I'm probablly out 60 bucks and now have the joy of paying 80 bucks for lotion at my local tanning salon :-) Lucky me!!

• Ka
      22nd of Jul, 2008

Buyer Beware! Placed an order on June 15, 2008, they debited my account immediately. Checked web site for order status update; goes to a blank page. No phone humber provided so I sent email. First email received no reply. Second email sent and I received a bogus "vacation" reply:

***** THIS IS AN AUTOMATED VACATION RESPONSE *****

No other responses.

• Ka
      22nd of Jul, 2008

I URGE EVERYONE TO FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU!!! I JUST DID!

• Ai
      25th of Jul, 2008

the same case, , and Im still waiting for some response!!! and my Bank told me I need to wait 30 days, after that, I need to call to bank again for try to get my money back .

• Je
      1st of Aug, 2008

I wish I would have done my research prior to ordering... I placed an order on 625, of course they've charged my account, but have I received my product? Nope! I'll be contacting my bank to protest the payment.

• Ca
      7th of Aug, 2008
    thetansore - Buyer beware. . . No one is home
    thetanstore
    Indiana
    Phone: 765-319-0544
    thetanstore.com

placed order on 6/29/08. have yet to recieve any info as to my order. made numerous phone calls.today is 08/07/08.

• Li
      11th of Aug, 2008

I placed my order on june 5th and was billed immediately. I have not received my order and the tan store have not responed to any of my e-mails or phone calls. MY ORDER WAS OVER 100 DOLLARS. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THE TAN STORE IT IS LIKE THROWING YOUR MONEY OUVEN PURCHASEDT THE WINDOW. I AM CONTACTING MY BANK IMMEDIATLY. I HAVE GIVEN THEM OVER 90 DAYS AND HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANYTHING I HAVE GIVEN THEM PLENTY OF TIME ENOUGH OF THESE LIES

• Le
      26th of Aug, 2008

I cant beleive this!!! I was just on line now trying to find a phone number for these people and ran accoss your post!!! I wish I would have checked them out before hand! Why arent they posting on their site what products are on backorder and they wont have this problem! I dont even know what their excuse is for my products, NO ONE will contact me! I placed my order on JULY 15th and NO WORD!!! It is now the 27th of AUGUST!!! Is there something we can do? someone we can report them to? I have ordered alot of stuff on line through the years with various venders and NEVER had this problem!
    ONE SUGGESTION! LET US KNOW WHAT WILL HAVE TO BE BACKORDERED!!! SO WE CAN DECIDE IF WE WANT TO WAIT!!!

• La
      24th of Oct, 2008
    The Tan Store/ Tanning Products - Buyer beware. . . No one is home
    The Tan Store
    dont know
    dont know
    Phone: never had
    thetanstore.com

Ordered product on 6/19/08, they took out payment on 6/20/08 and to date and many many emails still no product. I was told in June on back order but should have following week...