TheSmartCircle.com / False advertising/rude customer service reps

I am writing regarding the very rude customer service representatives that you have in your office. I have had the worst experience with your company from the beginning until now. I had one rude customer service representative after the other. My first bad encounter was with your customer service representative Stacy. This is who I spoke to when I was trying to get my money back for the certificate I was given as a gift. I then had to ask for a manager because Stacy was unable to give me the type of service that I deserve.

I called THE SMART CIRCLE's customer service line [protected] with the hopes of finding out when I would receive my refund on the gift certificate that was misrepresented and sold to someone, and then given to me as a birthday gift. I spoke with Lindsay (the manager) who let me know about how to go about getting my refund. The customer service representative Gabrielle was talking over me and not listening very well at all and then she hung up the phone on me before I was able to get an answer as to when I would be receiving a refund. After the very rude Gabrielle hung up the phone I called back and spoke with Lindsay again who was very rude and also hung up the phone one me. If a customer is calling in, it is obvious that they need help but if the help that you have is rude and abrupt, the customer will not want to do business with you as well as will spread the word about their bad experience. It is very difficult to recover from a bad reputation. I am willing to call every company as well as forward this email to the companies that you currently do business with to let them know of my poor experience.

I am also prepared to report the smart circle to the Better Business Bureau as well as get this information onto the internet so that when someone searches the smart circle they will see my complaint.

Lg

Comments

• Lg
      31st of Oct, 2008

I called THE SMART CIRCLE's customer service line (800) 775-1975 with the hopes of finding out when I would receive my refund on the gift certificate that was misrepresented and sold to someone, and then given to me as a birthday gift. I spoke with Lindsay (the manager) who let me know about how to go about getting my refund. The customer service representative Gabrielle was talking over me and not listening very well at all and then she hung up the phone on me before I was able to get an answer as to when I would be receiving a refund. After the very rude Gabrielle hung up the phone I called back and spoke with Lindsay again who was very rude and also hung up the phone one me. If a customer is calling in, it is obvious that they need help but if the help that you have is rude and abrupt, the customer will not want to do business with you as well as will spread the word about their bad experience. It is very difficult to recover from a bad reputation. I am willing to call every company as well as forward this email to the companies that you currently do business with to let them know of my poor experience.

• Mi
      20th of Apr, 2009

4/20/09

I purchased a vacation package from The smart Circle and was told I could stay at any Disney Resort of my choice I just had to make sure there was availabilty an to make a rsvp at least 30 days prior. And when I called (they ) smart circle said I did not have a choice of where I was gonna stay and they could not tell me I had to wait for an email or letter with a conformation and It would take up to 7 days and said I had to pay the $15.00 a night tax on the room right then on the phone or I could not get it. I had already paid $49.99 for the package so I went ahead and paid the $45.00 and it's now going on 2 weeks and I have not received any emails or letter in the mail. I have no way of getting ahold of them and when I try to call Smart Circle I can't get anyone on the phone. And also I was told when I called to to book the room that I would have to go to a welcome center first (the day Im due to check in) an they the welcome center will tell me where Im gonna stay for the weekend and then give me the voucher for the hotel they pick which would be a Holiday Inn express or something similar. And it would be atleast 6 miles from Disney and they would make arrangements to take us to the timeshare and do the tour for 90 mins. I am so disappointed at how this company keeps you in the dark on where your gonna stay an how they turn everything around but take your money right away. I do not like the fact that I have to waste my time driving to Orlando pay for gas and have no idea on where Im gonna stay until I go to the Welcome Center at which I have no idea where that is until they email me. Save your money an dont waste your time to much of a hassle. I'm gonna try an get my money back.)
    M.Parker

• Ns
      14th of Jul, 2009

I contacted the CS department to see about what i need to do for a refund. The first time I tried to use the coupon the salon wouldn't take it. then my coupon burnt in my house fire. They said they could not do anything, not even with a copy of my check. This is bad customer service, but they certainly tried to sell me another coupon. I asked her why I would buy another coupon if the salon didint even take the first one, she stated that is all i can do for you and hung up.

• Al
      2nd of Oct, 2009

I too bought several packages...when I went home excited, I got on the internet to see just how much I was going to save...boy, was I shocked...Not only can you get a better deal going direct to a company...you can get even better deals booking on the pricelines, expedia and etc. I work for a fortune 500 company so I figured that they would not bring in an unreputable company as an "Employee Appreciation" program for it's well deserving employees...again, I was wrong!

There were many hidden fees, Complimentary nights can cost you well over $100.00 with undisclosed charges.

When I called to request a refund, your about to read the same thing as above...the first call, I stated I wanted a refund as stated on the packet, "100% guaranteed within 30 days, no questions asked". The CS told me it would take 6 weeks or more to process my request and then they would issue me a check...I explained to her that was unacceptable...She hung up on me. I called back and went through the process again, this time I did get confirmation numbers for each packet...after spending all of my time going through the questions for each individual packet, I was informed that it would take at less 6 weeks to process my request after I had returned all of the packets, along with a written detailed statement of why I was returning the goods. What happened to "No questions Asked" as stated on their 100% Satisfaction Guaranttee? Upon hearing this I requested to speak with a supervisor...I was put on hold for an extended amount of time, my minutes on my cellphone are ticking away and then the phone hung up on me, imagine that!

I have no choice but to go to my bank and request a "stop payment" thank god for credit cards and dispute arbitration!

I wonder what the Attorney General in Atlanta would think of this???? Hmmm, maybe it's time for an investigation!

• Ca
      17th of Mar, 2010

Wow; after reading all the complaints, I feel I am not alone. I have been calling and leaving messages for someone to call me regarding a so called travel package that I was supposed to have received.
    To this day, I have not heard from anyone. I send an email with my complaint all they sent me was a ticket number to hold on to.
    Maybe they are waiting for it to expire, then they will call me and say (sorry but your coupon is expired).
    I would like to know if anyone of you ladies have a direct phone number or contact number so that I may apply for my refund.
    I wanted to take my 85 year old mom on a mini cruise and sorry to say it never happened thanks to their bad representation. Please help!

• Nb
      6th of Apr, 2010

I also have had the same experience, not only am I disgusted w Smartcircle but also w the holiday inn that I thought I was buying this discount card for. They took no respnsibility for this saying that it is a third party thing, funny though because holiday inn is the only name I see on it. Bunch of CraP !!!