Thermospas / Hot tub nightmare

1 155 east StWallingford, CT, United States Review updated:

I bought a new hot tub in September 2002. If you read around, EVERYONE that bought a hot tub from Thermospas in the fall of 2002 has had major problems with it. The acrylic process that they used was faulty. I was told that it was their suppliers fault, and that they have a law suit pending against them. And this is my problem?? Why?? Major problems are ocurring in with they admit to be 1 out every 4 hot tubs they manufactured. YES, 1 out of 4. The imperfections in my surface that I pointed out were described as normal. Unfortunately for me, they didnt become severe until almost 5 years later. Many, many people had severe problems immediately. They had no choice but to fix those. After 3 years, you are on your own, even though they lied to you, when they knew what was eventually going to happen.

Thermospas expects me to pay $3000 to have the shell replaced. That, they tell me, is cheap, and that I am lucky to have them be so nice to me. I didnt buy a very expensive hot tub ( $10, 000 with options ) to have to replace the shell in 5 years, at the cost of a cheap hot tub that wont fall apart as fast.

To add insult to injury, the entire process of even speaking to a person has been miserable. I called the "acrylic" department 4 times over the course of the spring/summer 2007. The "acrylic department" is an answering machine. I never received a call back, until I complained to the Better Business Bureau. They then decided to send someone out to fix the hot tub. The day before repairs were to be made, the sales manager called me to tell me that the hot tub was actually unrepairable, and that my cost to replace the shell would be $3000. I then filed another complaint with the BBB, and now the company has instructed its employees not to speak to me. I do have written confirmation of this.

Thermospas posts on all these sites that these complaints are from "rival" manufacturers. I have bought the URL www.Thermospasnightmare.com Email me at LimoDan57 AT aol.com or call me at 773.586.7513 and I will gladly confirm my story. And if you have a Thermospas horror story, please email a letter to post on my upcoming web site.

Va

Comments

• St
      28th of Jul, 2010

I bought a Manhattan model spa from ThermoSpas in late May 2010. I can only sum up my experience with them as poor workmanship, poor customer service, and non-responsive. I would never buy a spa from them again and I hope you will all help me spread the word so that others do not get trapped paying a premium price for a bargain basement spa. Here is what has happened in the less than the two months I’ve had the spa:
    Poor Workmanship:
    1. LED lighting causes the breaker to trip intermittently.
    2. Water line had missing clamp causing flood after 15 minutes of use.
    3. Blower stopped working because main line from blower to check valve was not cemented in place.
    4. Spa initially delivered with used cover.
    5. Direction that came with spa lifter were completely wrong and kit was missing parts.
    Poor Service:
    1. Initial service call to get used cover replaced was “lost”.
    2. Had hassle getting new cover .
    3. Delivery service promised was not provided.
    4. The first time I needed service I had to wait 1 week and the service technician never showed.
    5. The second and third times I needed service I had to wait 3 weeks for the earliest appointment.
    6. On the most recent service visit, the technician didn’t have any of the 3 parts needed to properly diagnose the problem with the LED. He had to order all the parts which he said will take 1-2 weeks. Once I receive the parts I will have to call to set up another appointment which will likely be another 3 weeks.
    7. They do not have any “local” service technicians. The ones who have come to my house have driven 4 hours to get here.
    Non-Responsive:
    1. I initially brought these issues up to my salesperson who said “We take this seriously and someone will get back to you in a few days”. Two months later I’m still waiting.
    2. I sent an email to their customer service manager (based on her comment in the blogs I saw) a month after sending my concerns to the salesperson. I never got an acknowledgement from her and it’s been over a month since I sent the email.
    3. I sent a snail mail letter to the president of the company and have not gotten any acknowledgement on this either.

• Jw
      26th of Sep, 2016

Bought a $13K spa from Thermo Spa 6 months ago. It leaks and now they tell it will nearly two weeks before the can possibly get a tech out to fix it.

• Jw
      26th of Sep, 2016

I bought a $13K tub from Thermo Spa 6 months ago. It leaks. Call service and they said I would hear from a tech in 24 to 48 hours. 4 days later, nothing. I called my salesman. He couldn't do anything to help. Received a call today, Monday, and they tell me it will be another 5 days. I want a spa that does not leak in 6 months and a company that provides service in a couple of days not weeks.