Thermite Media / Unauthorized billing

I ordered my book from Thermite Media through Amazon.com during the last days of December (the 30th or the 31st). They sent me a shipping confirmation on January 2nd saying I should wait 2 full weeks before contacting them. I contacted them a little early (only a day or two) and was told to wait another week. When I contacted them the following week, they told me the package wouldn't be considered missing for 2 more days, on that Friday.

On the following Monday, I sent an e-mail telling them I wanted my money back and that I would return the package unopened, at which time they told me I could only get back what I paid less shipping.

Since I purchased the book through Amazon.com, I contacted them and they are taking care of it (yay, Amazon!). Also, once I googled Thermite Media, I found that they come up in a number of eBay blogs--and it's not good stuff.

Te

More Thermite Media Complaints & Reviews

Comments

12th of Feb, 2009

Don't purchase from ThermiteMedia through Amazon or Ebay, or anywhere! I ordered my item on Dec 26. It is now Feb 12, and after many correspondences going no where, I still don't have my item. Currently, I had to resend an email I already sent out a few days ago because they said they haven't received the email stating Amazon has closed the claims dispute, which I made, which enables them to reship the item to me. So I'm crossing my fingers that they will get it through their heads that I need my paid-for item now after 2, I emphasize 2 months! I can't get a refund because it's been shipped out already! But this email with the closed dispute should get them to re-ship it now. If this goes horribly, I'm reporting them to Amazon! Spread the word. ThermiteMedia are BAD for consumers!

• Sh
      13th of Feb, 2009

Do NOT order from Thermite Media!! I ordered a book from them through Amazon at the beginning of January and I still have not received my item. They said it has shipped and that I need to wait another 2 weeks before contacting them again. Horrible place. Will never buy from them again!

• To
      23rd of Apr, 2009

i have no seen my book either, is there a phone number or anything or any way at all to get my money or more preferably my book i wanted????? a phone number would be very nice! why do they have a 96% rating if they are so bad? what is this companies deal?

• Na
      2nd of Mar, 2010

I experienced the same! I ordered books from Thermite-media 3 weeks ago from Amazon but I still do not have the books yet even though I have already got all the other books I have ordered on the same day from other sellers. I am in the process of communication with them right now and they were asking me to wait for few more days since they have already shipped the books. It is really annoying that they have already given me 3 weeks range (quite long for a local shipment actually) for the books to arrive and now they are still asking me to wait for "few more days"!! The problem is they do not give me exact date on when they will consider the books lost... "few more days" is how many days?? I cannot even track the shipments myseld because they do not provide tracking numbers!! In the meantime, I need my books badly.

Thermite-Media is totally inefficient and unprofessional. I think it is a scam!! I will never order books from them again... and I am asking everyone to really beware of Thermite-Media.

• Tr
      3rd of Mar, 2010

i order a book from amazon with them and i never got my book either but after calling them it turned out the order was canceled by them but they didn't sent any emails of cancellation. i realized my credit card wasn't charged. i would call them if you have questions about your order.
    Name: Moviemars.com
    Phone: (704) 821-3654
    Fax: (704) 644-0043
    Address: 1113 Technology Dr STE B
    Indian Trail, NC 28079-3460
    Website: www.moviemars.com
    Original Business Start Date: May 2004
    Principal: Mr. Daniel Yen, CEO
    Customer Contact: Mr. Daniel Yen, CEO - (704) 821-3654 or cservice@moviemars.com
    Entity: Corporation
    Incorporated: May 2004, NC
    Employees: 8
    TOB Classification: Video Games-Rent & Lease
    BBB Accreditation: This organization is a BBB Accredited business.

Additional DBA Names