theorytest.net / Misleading service

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

My son searched on-line for 'book theory test' and www.theorytest.net popped up first appearing to be an official booking service. Having booked, he found out later (after the test itself) that the fee was only £31 and he had paid therorytest.net £20 for their booking services .. which was not made clear at all, when he originally booked. Seems a con to me :o(

Du

Comments

• Pi
      8th of Feb, 2010
    theorytest.net - payment made but no test booked
    manchester
    United Kingdom
    theorytest.net

i recently searched through google to book my theory tast online, the first item that appeared was theorytest.net. i clicked on, booked my test and was told i would receive a confirmation email within 2 days. i never received this email however the money was taken from my bank account:
    Here is a section of my bank account statement as proof of payment:

29/01/2010
    Card Purchase
    -£42.00

PAYPAL *ISCOPEMILD
    REF 027 0838771100 BCC

I returned to the site to enquire when my test was booked for but there is no contact details for them. i eventually found an email address through the websites terms and conditions, bookings@theorytest.net, i emailed my enquiry to be told i did not book through them as i paid £42 they charge £51. I am absolutely positive i booked it through them as i always save important sites to my favourites.

I have been conned what should i do?

(my email- hayleydone@hotmail.com)

• Dr
      10th of Feb, 2010

we have emailed you the details of where you booked your test you did not book with us please refere to your emails for the information of who you booked with.

• Be
      25th of Feb, 2010

Be careful where you book your theory test, tell your friends, family just warn them, The official price is £31.00 and get back to the company and demand a refund of £20.00, you are entitled to it. If they refuse then go staright to trading standards or tell the police, because all you ahave done is booked a theory and not used any other of their services. They can not refuse your refund. You have your customer rights.

• We
      25th of Feb, 2010

actually you have. they state in there t&c's the charge is for them filing the form out! which u really have already done for them!

problem is nobody reads the t&c's!! they are robbing b********* but unless everybody reads the forms properly or the government puts a stop to things like this happening it will continue and many more will fall victim. but do send your email to them, or try ringing them! i have had a few pupils fall foul of this scam. some have got most of the money back from them, some havent got a penny.

it doesnt help when this site is advertising it in this complaint though does it!

19th of Jul, 2010

how to get back the mony from theorytest.net because they haven't put tel no. on there website. If please any can help me to findout there telno. mail me on this id jamesjhon@rediffmail.com

4th of Apr, 2011
    theorytest.net - Ripped off and bad service
    England, East Midlands
    United Kingdom

i paid online for what i believed was the official site for the dvla theory test but they charged me 20 over should have been 32 and was 52 dont no how to reclain it

• Co
      4th of Aug, 2011
    theorytest.net - Ripped off and bad service
    theorytest.net

I went on Google to book my sons Theory driving test for Tues 12th May 2009. I clicked on the site called Teorytest.net booking service which appeared at the top of the page.

The test confirmation came by email the day after booked for Wed 13th May. I tried to reschedule on line on DSA site but it insisted I pay again so I contacted the Test centre.

I find out from the test centre that Theorytest.net are not the official site and lots of people are conned by them. I was charged £48 when the test only cost £31 through the DSA site.

I was told they pay Google to put them at the top of the page so many people make the same mistake in thinking it is the official booking site.

So not only couldn't they provide a good service by giving me the wrong date but I was overcharged by £17.

I was able to reschedule with the Theory Centre for the date and time I originally asked for.