TheMovieDownload / Scam

Malaysia Review updated:
I subscribe to TheMovieDownload, which advertised that it could provide excellent (and guarauntted) service for downloading movies, tv show, and music. When I joined, all they offered were instructions about how to download and use the "utorrent" program. Utorrent is a free software. TheMovieDownload does not even provide its own unique database or program for customers. All it does is tell the customer information that (s)he already knows. TheMovieDownload does not provide any real service of its own. I feel cheated. The website and company should be blacklisted and closed for good.

A  19th of Feb, 2009 by
I agree, it is a rip off. I paid for a lifetime membership but I got my money refunded in full. I used Paypal to pay for it and they went to bat for me. After months of trying to contact themoviedownloads customer service I finally turned ti Paypal and the problem was solved in 12 hours.
A  5th of Apr, 2009 by
Yeap TheMovieDownload is a complete scam and cost me 39 dollars...

I don't mind the money but it makes me crazy that it has so many links and good reviews all over the internet! It only uses torrent search engines and makes you download from other users with 25kb/s... and i don't think these copies are legal in anyway!

Quality movies? Stolen from cinemas with hidden cameras? That's worst quality than when Movies could only be made in Black and White!!!

There is no control or filtering of the search results from the company that we pay for nothing... probably we can get exposed to viruses!

Plus our children gain access to adult movies...
A  28th of Apr, 2009 by
I had a similiar situation with DTV4PC. I was triing to contact developers on 5 different e-mail addresses, there was no responce, but when I contacted the developers using PayPal, they've sent my money back immediately, cause they are afraid that PayPal would notice them.

If a software looks too cheap or offers a lifetime membership, then there's always somthing fishy.

I know legal sites where you can download films for 10 dollar each or watch anything you would like to from thousands of films, but the watching fee is 5 dollar an hour, so if you want online streaming on the internet in a legal way, then you'll have to open your wallet and you can get quality movies.

But I can ensure you that watching TV is cheaper at the moment, but this technology has future, but it has a really scpicy price now. It may be in a same price as television in a decade.

This new technology is called VOD (Video On Demand). For example this is a legal site:

It only offers 10 minutes for free, then if you want to continue, you'll have to pay for every minute of viewing. It charges 15 cents for a minute and you can watch anything you want.