TheIQQuiz.com / Never subscribed

IN, United States Review updated:
4.4
I received almost 60.00 in fees on my cell phone bill for services my husband and I never signed up for or authorized. I want that money back. I need tHat money back!!! We are on a very tight budget and these people are scamming us big time and I don't even know what it is for! We haven't even received any messages from anyone other than friends and family!
Ta

Comments

So
  18th of Dec, 2008
I keep getting these challenge postings all the time and the "challenger" has one of MY pictures!!! I have given NO authorization for this nor have I used this "challenge" .They need to immediately remove my photo!
Ca
  1st of Feb, 2009
listen i also was getting these annoying charges on my cell phonr. i also didn't sign up so i finally found the web site with this phone number and called them and told them that i had contacted the better business bureal and they better immediatly remove me from these texts messages the web site is http:theIQquiz.com then on this site there is phone # i called it and told they basically with threat that i better be removed immeditally or i will sue them i received text immediatlly on my cell telling me i was unscribed i hope this helps
Na
  29th of May, 2009
I received charges for subscribing to an IQ test. I would never subscribe to ANYTHING I had to pay for as I am on disability. My mistake for taking the quiz, however, there was nothing that implied I would ever be charged. I called my phone company and they took the charge off. I will evidently have to pay the $10.00 for this month, but nothing after that. To make sure I was taken off the list, I went to the website and also text from my phone to stop charging me for something I didn't subscribe too, and then went on the automated phone line to make double sure I was taken off. Hopefully this will be the end of it. Don't take any IQ quizes on Facebook. They ask for your phone number to send you the pin # that you need to find out your IQ, however, I saw nothing at all that said you would be charged for this. This is a good lesson, I will never give out my number again!
Ta
  4th of Jun, 2009
We at Mobile Messenger would like to assist you with your concern or complaint. If you need assistance in regards to being unsubscribed or other related issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. Please call 1-866-390-6184 Monday to Friday 0600 – 1800 US Pacific Time or email blog@sms-helpdesk.com
El
  8th of Jun, 2009
My mother was getting annoying charges on her cell phone. Thankfully, I walked into her house when she was on the phone to Verizon trying to figure this out. I believe that TheIqQuiz.com is targeting senior citizens who do not know how to deal with these problems. No way, no how did my mother ever subscribe to anything like this. Also if she were to use a phone number, it would without a doubt be her landline number and not the cell. This is a terrible scam and it better end soon.
Be
  2nd of Jul, 2009
this is ridculous, they should be laws against this -- my little niece took the quiz off my phone as she saw the ad come up. Seemed harmless but then I got these text messages telling me I would be charged 9.99 a month --you can't charge someone without telling them that by entering their number they are agreeing to be charged.
K9
  20th of Jul, 2009
In answer to behonest, I totally agree. Like so many of these scams, try this for only S&H etc., there is tiny, tiny, print that no one reads saying that by taking this quiz or buying the product you are agreeing to a monthly fee of up to and over anywhere from ten to a hundred dollars per month. In my case I had to pay the money too, but then took charge and called the number so I would not be charged again. Now, I do not give my cell phone out to anyone on the net! You learn the hard way, and yes, this should be against the law! Love the way they say your credit card will not be charged, of course not, they add it to your phone bill when you give them your number. More and more people are catching on, so it won't be long until the cell phone companies will be found out about this ridiculous and unfair scam.
Ci
  13th of Aug, 2009

TheIQQuiz.com - unauthorized charges
theiqquiz.com
Ohio

Two unexplained charges appeared on my Verizon mobile phone bill for websites that I have never seen or visited. Both charges were $9.99. The websites names are:
whoIwillmarry.com
theIQquiz.com
quickIQquiz.net
lovesoulmate.us
Po
  23rd of Aug, 2009
Has anyone successfully unscribed from this scam without paying a dime? If so, how did you do it?
Za
  29th of Jul, 2010
I would like to invite people ho have been ripped off by this company to contact me abut filing a class action suit to stop them and get our money back.
They have been charging me without my consent for over 12 months and I have been in dispute with Verizon wireless over the situation.
I have an attorney that I work with ready to file the suit. I simply need one other person in California to start the process.

please e-mail me at: zatman74@yahoo.com