Theinverterstore.com / They shipped a product and it did not work out of the box

They are AWFUL. They shipped a product and it did not work out of the box. Their response was that they don't take anything back, that I should contact the manufacturer. AND, I have to pay to ship it back. Can you believe that? So I called their sales department and asked, "if I orders something and it does not work, do you take it back?" "OF COURSE", they said, Then when I told them i had a product that did not work they changed their story completely. They are crooks. Egregiously unethical.

Comments

• Bu
      5th of Jul, 2011

I had a slightly different experience. I ordered and received two different products; one worked, the other failed. I sent them an email requesting an RMA # (industry jargon for Return Material Authorization, essentially a "case #" to rrack returns). They complied, I packed up the failed unit and sent it back, with me paying the shipping fee.
    After 8 days without even an acknowledgment that they had received the item, I sent an email requesting info, and supplying an email address to return any communication. Instead of doing as I asked, 3 days later I find on my home phone answering machine a disjointed message telling me that it was still "in the warehouse" and they hadn't got around to it yet, but would. I was in no rush and I'm rather busy with other things so I left it be for almost a month, at which time I sent another email to the "support" site. No response. Around this time, I get my credit card bill and find that I have been credited with the purchase price for the item. Over this time period, as a "customer", I have received email (to the address that wasn't replied to in the first place) with sales fliers, signed by someone claiming to be the "manager" . I sent an email to him complaining, and received, in response, a reply saying that he was only marketing, and that I should talk to support. I recognize the runaround when I see it. I have decided to suck it up, and simply report them for the crooks they are.

In summary, they took my money for a defective product, accepted it in return, and refused to replace it (it is still available for purchase on the their site). They refunded my money after holding onto it for close to two months. In essence, I loaned them, interest free, my money, and paid shipping both ways for... bupkis. They, on the other hand, have had a free loan, "shipping and handling" charges which are always more that the actual cost, and have the same inventory they started with