Thee Electric Company / Poor workmanship

1 1574 Haslett RD.Haslett, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 517-339-8700

Thee Electric, Using Gods Name For Profit.

I am writing this for the purpose of exposing one of Michigan's most morally corrupt and hypocritical electrical contractors in mid- Michigan .
The Contractor I am speaking of is no other than THEE ELECTRIC of Haslett MI. I started working for Dennis Geisenhaver (owner) when I was just 16 yrs. old. Not knowing what normal workplace environments were supposed to be like I allowed myself to be mis-treated, grossly underpaid and taken advantage of.
It is my objective to let the general public know what to expect if looking to hire Thee Electric.
I worked 11 years strait for them and in those 11 years I thought the things I was learning and doing were normal. I couldn't have been more wrong.
It was common to HACK up a job because we were paid piece work and not an hourly wage. We did poor installations and code violations regularly as an effort to make a fair wage. Seldom did a job pass inspection the first time. One example of his ethics would be a job we did for Lansing Housing Commission. We were paid to install new oak lights in the kitchens of all apartments but instead he ordered tin light fixtures and had a truck driver paste oak colored contact paper to the tin housing. Saving hundreds of dollars to put in his pocket. The same job he was contracted and paid to install new bath fans in every bathroom. Instead we left the old fans in the ceiling and just replaced the grill to a shiny new one. Again saving money he was paid just to put it in his own pocket.
Today he is still doing the same shoddy work. I went back to work for him for several months this year (2007) and to no surprise I saw the same old thing. He has turned his attention to commercial work because he has little left in residential. Let me tell you, he has no clue as to how to estimate or run a commercial job. He has hired men who have the skill but they don't stick around because he is so cheap he refuses to pay them for overtime worked. and expects them to compensate on the job for his low bids. Not giving the time nor material needed to finish the job on time and on budget. His low bids make it nearly impossible for a legitimate contractor to compete with him.
He pays his employees a modest wage with no health care and no retirement plan. They work paycheck to paycheck hoping his promises of future profit sharing and their hard work will eventually pay off. He has a man working for him now that has stayed for almost 30 years. This summer he took $3.00 per hour out of his hourly wage. When I asked about it Dennis told me he wasn't worth what he was getting paid. I guess this employee is slowing down at the age of 63. ( so much for seniority)
The employees recently took interest in joining a labor union to help get proper training and to battle for a living wage and a future to look forward to rather than to dread.
He threatened their jobs if they followed out the plan. 1 months later he got rid of 5 union supporters as an attempt to head off the inevitable.
He claims it's all for GOD but those of us who saw his daily walk know he has no interest in giving. It's all about taking.

Ou

Comments

Je
  23rd of Apr, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

Your a loser with twisted facts. Nothing you state is the full truth, only a slighted version with sprinkles of fact. Good luck in your future.

Jo
  25th of Apr, 2008

I too worked for Thee Electric Co a few years ago. I, on the other hand must have worked for a different Thee Electric Co in Haslett because I was amazed at the quality of workmanship on both residentail and commercial.

Dennis expects a lot out of his guys and he expects the jobs to be done right.

I remember most mornings coming into the office and starting off the morning with a daily devotional before we went out to the job sites. To say that Gods name was used for profit - that is ridiculous. The company doesn't make any more money because of their name. It's named Thee Electric to bring honor and glory to His name. Just because the UNION is having a hard time finding doesn't give it the right to push smaller companies around. By the way, how much money did they give you for writing this.

Anyways, I am not against "constructive criticism" but defamation is destructive.

I would like to respond to the rest but I don't want to waste my time responding to false accusations.

Oh, by the way if you worked there for 11 years and were not happy WHY did you come back? Doesn't make any sense?

Here was a customer that was very happy with the work done.

Ou
  11th of Feb, 2010

How would either of you know. Neither of you worked there when these things happened. Nor have either of you been around long enough to know any better.
By the way How was the court proceedings with the State of Michigan and the City of Lansing this last year? Lucky your still in business!!! Dennis was so surprised when Delta Township awarded the new library to a different contractor. Thats his reputation at work. Guess you wont be doing generator work anymore either as your dealer license was revoked. Otherwise keep up the sub standard work. It keeps me busy fixing it.

Pr
  19th of Feb, 2010

well it's been 3 years after all this was said about thee electric it is now 2010 and thee electric is still standing strong and we will continually bring the best work that we can do for any customer and honor the Lord Jesus Christ with this company. so now i can see who is laughting now! the Lord has blessed us and will always! now the curse this person tried to put on the company has been bound up and thrown away in the name of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!!!

Sh
  12th of Sep, 2010

I am currently rewiring another of your failed generator installations. Unlike you i will get it inspected. The customer has no desire to have you back to do it right so he's paying me over$ 1000 to correct your mess.

Jo
  11th of Aug, 2015

I don't know whether your story is true or false. But, I do know this. You have not provided a shred of support
for your empty, bald, unsubstantiated assertions. Since all such assertions are automatically excluded from any
intelligent conversation, this means that you have not yet begun to provide support for your assertions. Try again.