TheDVDPlanet.org / Fake Company

8433 Timber TrailBrecksville, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 440-838-4166
They charged me for the product then sent me an e-mail that they sent it to the wrong address but never sent me the product. There is no phone number on the website.

More TheDVDPlanet.org Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Va
  9th of Dec, 2007

TheDVDPlanet - Failed to deliver goods!
Thedvdplanet
www.thedvdplanet.org

I placed an order on their website. They stated it would take 2 weeks to deliver and charged my visa card immediately. About 2-3 days before the delivery date they sent a notice that the package was sent to the wrong address and gave me another delivery date. Surprise! The package never arrive. I began to get suspicious and just found all these other complaints online. I will try to collect the money through the bank. If anyone knows the contact info. for this company, please forward.

I have done a lot of business online and this is the first time I've ever had a problem.
Mi
  12th of Dec, 2007

TheDVDPlanet.org - Fraud/False advertising
www.TheDVDPlanet.org

TERRIBLE COMPANY!!! DO NOT USE. I ordered a month ago. I was sent two emails that it had been shipped, then re-shipped. after 12 more days, I sent email requesting a phone number to discuss. I got another email saying it was shipped on even a different day. No tracking ever given, as promised on the website. BEWARE AND BUY ELSEWHERE! THIS COMPANY IS NOT GOOD.
Te
  12th of Dec, 2007
Hello,

I thought I would offer you some help in attempting to contact someone involved with this company. I was reecntly provided with an email address that was helpful in contacting someone. I actually had the opportunity to speak with someone on the phone from thedvdplanet.org. The email address is admin@thedvdplanet.org Try this and see if you can get someone to respond to you. I did.
Li
  13th of Dec, 2007
I got the same results after two e-mails from the place i was told they were reshipped i charge the two dvd now what my name is linda moore 12 hill court manalapan n.j.07726
Ju
  16th of Dec, 2007
The same thing happened to me. They said that my package was delivered to the wrong address and that they shipped out another order which I was suppose to get between the days of Dec 6th and Dec 8th buy NO package. I have contacted them several time with a response saying "oh it's the holidays so it might take a little longer, and it should arrive any day" but still nothing. Now when I e-mail them I get no reply. Big scam!!
Ki
  16th of Dec, 2007
I totally agree with your viable complaint against TheDVDPlanet.org. I ordered a complete set of The Twilight Zone all 5 seasons for my boyfriend on November 12th and they charged my credit card on November 15th with the email stating that i should receive my order between November 27th and November 30th. Then the following friday i got an email from them stating that my order conveinently got sent to the wrong address and they reshipped it. The Tracking number i have isnt any good because it belongs to the original shipment and they never sent me another tracking number. I have emailed them several times and keep getting the same generated email from them. The order according to them should have come between December 6th and 8th and that i should be patient due to the christmas holiday. I dont know what number that is you have listed up on this site but the origination of TheDVDPlanet.org is Canada NOT OHIO. There is another website called /link removed/ that has several complaints listed ont there and an email that is generated from the supposed owner of this company saying how they do not have a phone number to contact them because it became to much for them to handle. I have read way to many complaints about this company to believe that they will do anything to assist you and make things right. As it is i had to reorder this set from amazon.com for a much higher price. Now i have to call my bank in the morning and file a dispute to try and get my money back from the bank. IF ANYONE READS THIS I AM ADVISING YOU DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM "THEDVDPLANET.ORG" THEY ARE A RIP OFF AND YOU WILL HAVE TO GO THROUGH WHAT I AM GOING THROUGH RIGHT NOW.
Ra
  17th of Dec, 2007

TheDVDPlanet.org - Bills card, fails to ship merchandise
TheDVDPlanet.ORG
Mississauga
Ontario
Canada
www.TheDVDPlanet.org

On November 13,2007 I ordered a 'WKRP in Cincinnati' 4 disc set (SKU112013) at a cost of 52.99, USD. My credit card was billed for this amount by Universal Gift Ventures, Mississauga, ON November 16, 2007. I received a notification via e-mail on November 20 that my order, 638538, had been shipped, tracking # CE512799944CA, with an anticipated delivery date of November 27-30. This tracking number was invalid with both Canada Post and USPS.

The order did not arrive.

On November 30, an e-mail was received from support@dvdplanet.org thanking me for my patience. It stated my order had been shipped to the wrong address, and was being reshipped. No tracking numbers were given. The post said their shipping system was down, and all orders were being shipped manually. Expected arrival was given for December 6-8. I sent an e-mail to support@dvdplanet.org asking what address the order was shipped to, and said that a correct address had been given when the order was placed. I received no reply.

On December 13, I contacted DVDPlanet.org with my concerns, and received the following e-mail:

Hello,
Your replacement order has been shipped out already. It was due Dec 6-8th, but with the busy Christmas season, a small delay can be expected.Your order should be there within a matter of a few business days.

Regards,
Brian Lawson
Management

Today is Monday, December 17, 2007. I have yet to receive the order which my card was billed for on November 16.

In light of this, and the numerous reports from other consumers which are virtually identical to mine, there is no choice but to believe the worst. I have contacted DVDPlanet.org and requested a full refund be credited to my card by close of business (3 pm CST) Friday, December 21, 2007.

R. A. Davis
Iowa
U.S.A.
Wi
  18th of Dec, 2007
Sounds like a familiar story. Ordered merchandise, account charged, shipped to wrong address. "Sorry for delay, holidays, etc., re-shipped, s/b there in a few days ad nauseum. No response to e-mails, cannot determine where this company is, other than it appears to be in Canada. Lesson learned, strongly recommend no further business with this company.
Ma
  18th of Dec, 2007
This company is bad news. I recieved the dvds out of 24 dics 3 were ok the rest you could not recognize the actors. They were so bad I contacted the compay and they gave me specific orders in how to send them back and they told me I would be refunded within 5 to 8 business days. It has been almost 1 month. I would not trust this company they got the dvds and my money.
Er
  19th of Dec, 2007

Thedvdplanet - Failed to deliver goods!
thedvdplanet
Washington
thedvdplanet.com

I ordered $70 dollars of dvds "Carol Burnett show" and got emails stating item was mailed to wrong address. I found on google many other people who got the same emails with the same information and said it was a scam and to report it to you.
Bk
  19th of Dec, 2007
I have tried to contact DVDPlanet several times concerning the Twilight Zone DVD collection. They advertise 157 season on 42 DVD's, but all other sources advertise 156 seasons on 28 DVD's. Also, the covers are different. So, I was concerned it was a "bootleg" with poor quality. I emailed several times to no avail with this inquiry. I had friends email to no avail. But I set up a password and they immediately replied. I guess if you ask probing questions, they are not going to be responsive. If the company is growing so much, they should be able to afford phones! I elected not to order from them and instead chose Amazon.
Sc
  19th of Dec, 2007
Contact your credit card company & report that you never received goods from company. They will try to contact company & if the company doesn't reply then your credit card company will remove charges from your card. I believe you have to do it within 30--60 days of the charge, so act fast!

Pablo.
Gr
  21st of Dec, 2007

TheDVDPlanet.org - Scam artists!
TheDVDPLANET.ORG
Canada
www.TheDVDPlanet.org

Hi, I ordered a CAROL BURNETT DVD COLLECTION set online @ TheDVDPLANET.org for $69.99. Apparently, the DVDs were shipped and is sitting at a Canadian Post Office since Dec. 12: 2007/12/13 18:51 OAKVILLE, ON; Item accepted at the Post office. Tracking # CX229002003CA.

I checked with USPS and there is no info on the product being shipped to the United States. Where is it? Why doesn't the USPS have any info.??? This was a Christmas gift. I think the company is a rip off. There isn't a phone # available; I have e-mailed them (online) with no response.
De
  22nd of Dec, 2007

TheDVDPlanet.org - Product (dvd) never received!
TheDVDplanet.org
Beckley
Virginia
www.TheDVDplanet.org

I ordered a $79.99 dvd on December 7 and was billed but never received product and never even received an e-mail.
Ho
  22nd of Dec, 2007
I was a victim of a fraudulent company by the so called name of "DVDcompilations.com" they are bogus! I did get my money back from my creditcard thank God. BEWARE of this company, dvddonkey.com and dvdplanet.org. They are are all bogus. If anyone has ANY information as how to track these places down and have them arrested, please notify me asap. They have ripped off many many people and they need to be STOPPED!!! If a dvd company listed on a web site is not through the BBB, or they do not have an address and phone number, DO not order from them.
Ra
  24th of Dec, 2007
They did the same thing to me.
Me
  26th of Dec, 2007
I got screwed as wellbut am getting even.

Contacted and filed complaints with Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Canadian Better Business Bureau, Trustwave and Geotrust - who helps them with their credit card payments, Cyberbit - their bank, and my own credit card company.

Also I think the true owners name is Alan Knight. I found a legal document which appears to be the same company in question as the crooks at thedvdplanet.org/aka universal Gift ventures.

Type in planet entertainment, inc - tvdplanet.com and read the complaint and decide for yourself.

Fight back, spread the word and lets get these creeps.
Sh
  27th of Dec, 2007
WE ORDERED SOME DVD FOR CHRISTMAS THEY SAID THE WOULD BE HEAR BUT THE WERENT FINALLY AFTER A WHILE WE CHECKED THE TRACKING AND THEY SAID THAT THEY HAD ARRIVED. WHEN WE CALLED THE POST OFFICE THEY SAID THEY HAD SENT THEM TO SOMEONE IN AUSTIN, TEXAS AND WHEN WE CALLED THEM WE GOT THE USAL THIS NUMBER IDS NOT IN SURVICE OR DOES NOT EXIST. DONT EVER YOUS THESE PEOPLE NOW I AM AFRAID TO ORDER FROM ANY COMPANY I DONT KNOW.
Sc
  27th of Dec, 2007
I made the exact same order from DVDPlanet.org. As a matter of bizzare coincidence, mine entered the Canadian Post Office oblivion on the same day as yours (Dec 13). I received it yesterday (Dec 26) and, frankly, wish I hadn't. The product is a set of home-made DVDs that appear to be Video Recorder versions of a Nickelodeon marathon. They come nowhere near what was advertised in quality or completeness.

Honestly, this should come as no surprise. Decent quality DVDs can hold 2 hours. of video. The very idea that 280 or more full-hour episodes could exist, uncut, on 8 DVDs is beyond ludicrous. Chalk it up to a momentary lapse of reason.

If it sounds too good to be true, it is!
Li
  27th of Dec, 2007
The same thing happened to me except I did receive the product I ordered and found it was pirated. The quality was terrible and I think MTV would be interested to know that this scam company is pirating their product.