TheColonDiet.com / Rip off

1 11537 Tuxford StreetSun Valley, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-248-3759

I tried a 14 day trial for the colon diet. The terms say that the trial starts on the say ordered and that you must cancel trial in 14 days, and you will be billed after the 14 days. I was billed on the 14th day. I spoke to a representative via email and he says it clearly states that you will be billed on the 14th day. It does not say that, it says 'within 14 days you must cancel' I let it go, so i thought i could return the shipments for a refund as clearly stated in their terms.

Then he tells me i cant not have a refund if i send the shipment back. The terms says satisfaction, if not satisfied i can return shipment with 15 days. How can they not follow their own terms of agreement and not let me return the shipment. this company is putting false information on there website and telling be a whole different story when they state the terms. Even with the trial there is a paper that says i will be billed after 14 days. stay away from colon diet, they will scam you. My Forum said i should stay away but i tried saying i will be careful, the same thing happened to them happened to me. They are SCAMMERS!

Va

Comments

• Ca
      20th of Aug, 2008

The same thing happened to me, i canceled and they still charged me twice after. I actually called on like the 11th day though.

• Be
      20th of Aug, 2008

This company is actually a great company, hate to see posts like this trying to tarnish them...was actually commenting on one of the blogs they have and saw this complaint...

If you cancel with the 14 day trial you wont have any problems...it is clearly stated in the terms and conditions...14 day trial...

I have read so many of these stupid complaints about people getting charged monthly when they didnt want the product...read the policy and you wont be in trouble...lol

• Me
      20th of Aug, 2008

I am a moderator for a freebie forum. A lot of people have similar complaints about the colon diet. I cant say much about the product it self, but a lot of people who tried to cancel got billed. "Berealwithme" had a good experience but that is becuase she did not cancel, she loved the product. Obviously if you keep paying they like you and you wont have a problem. But many offers discussed on the forum such as this one cause problems for customers.

So the complaints are not stupid, they come from a lot of people who try to cancel. You stayed with them others should not be penalized for canceling if they dont like it. There seem to be more complaints than contentment. Their policy is just not right.

• Dy
    TheColonDiet.com - No shipment and bill
    TheColonDiet.com
    Colorado
    www.thecolondiet.com

I signed up for thecolondiet.com and i had the first 14 days for free. Then they billed me early by accident on the second day. There are no refunds on shipments, so even though it was there fault they sent another shipment. Then i was supposed to get another shipment, well i didn't get one and i was charged. I spoke to them and they didn't seem to care or believe that i didn't get a shipment. They just blamed me and the post office for the mishap.

The product wasn't even that great, it stopped me up. I thought it was supposed to help in the category. I know not everyone has had bad experiences with them, but if a lot of people do then that's not good. Lucky for you if you had a good experience. Just don't ridicule people that has had bad experiences. They have the right to a complain if things did not go well.

• Be
      27th of Aug, 2008

Read the terms and conditions, they arent responsible for the shipping time...I thought they were...I got the order a few days into the trial...then I was billed and shipped out another order...lucky for me...I actually love the product...sucks if you guys have been ridiculed. Hope everything works out!

• Ye
      27th of Aug, 2008

Yeah it happens, it happened to me sort of. They billed me early, it sucked because i didn't like the product. The company got me for my money, it happens on the internet. i just move with the blows. Sorry it happened to you too.

• Le
      27th of Aug, 2008

Yeah i have had a bad experience with this company as well!

• Ok
      27th of Aug, 2008

Havent had a bad experience love the product...I cancelled...they were quick with the responses...they called and reordered...Love the product...no bad experience with them...keep you guys posted

• Ru
      27th of Aug, 2008

I used the product and it made me gain weight and made me constipated. A waste of money! I had problems canceling also, i could not get a hold of them.

• Da
      27th of Aug, 2008

You should not have done busieness with colondiet or any online health website. The other colon cleasers online are the same way, they scam people, almost as if they are the same company. Just go to a Health store in your town. Thecolondiet overcharges for a bad product that you can get cheaper at a store.

• Ar
      18th of Nov, 2008

I don't think that it is a scam this company is running. For some reason I believe that most people who complain about this sort of thing have either not read terms of use or forgot to cancel. I took it upon myself to check out these complaints and take a look at these offers. I have ordered and canceled 3 of these offers and they do seem to play by the rules that they have set. I also have seen some offers which give incentives for certain purchases. Which in no way would be the reason for the people, on this and other complaint boards, to buy this product right? Ask yourselves these questions before pointing the finger! Did you not read the terms? I believe that they were written in English. Did you take up an offer to get something out of it for free on the back end? If so, then obviously you were trying to rip the company off yourselves. Why the anonymous complaints? Why are people so scared to put their names at least so that these complaints can be followed up and verified? These complaint boards require no verification. It almost seems to me that some of these complaints are made by competitors. It is a simple fact that complaints which are not verified are not valid. Complaining to the BBB and attorney general etc. The only reason that companies even give in to these things is that it is not worth their time to go through administrative research and spend money on these complaints. They just let them go. The consumer would lose 9 out of 10 in a study done by me and my team about the matter. It just isn't worth the businesses time in a profit sense to spend time fighting the few out of the many legitimate customers. Also an independent study has shown that the consumer in the US is a much bigger liability then elsewhere in the world. So a lot of companies here don't even sell to US citizens. It’s just not worth the effort. Imagine that! Consumers feel that retailers and manufacturers are in debt to them. Well I beg to differ. It is the consumer that is in debt to the businesses. Consumers aren’t doing a favor to businesses buying from them. I will give you the reason. The reason for this is that consumers would have to make everything they buy now! If you want a house, you would have to build it yourself! Remember there are no contractors! If you want to watch TV... no one to make and sell them to you, so... you would have to go to school and get an education to learn how to make a flat screen, If you want a credit card, you would have to make the plastic go and figure out how to put the black strip on your card, make an ID to match that card and finance yourself... oh wait a min... You would have to make money too...WOW! If you want to drive a car... you would have to get an engineering degree, design the car then learn how to build the engine, so you would have to learn to be a machinist, don't get me started on the body and interior of the vehicle!. If you want to better your health you would have to get an PhD in pharmaceuticals, 8 years, get a degree in engineering to make the equipment to make each pill that you would take, oh wait a min. you would have to do extensive field research to find out which extracts from which plants and animals will get you the vitamins your body needs and in what doses. You see... I can go on and on and on. There is no way imaginable that the average Joe consumer can do that. Not that the consumer isn't smart, although some would argue that fact, but it is impossible to do. NOTHING would get done! So before pointing fingers about certain things consumers feel that should be mandatory, remember that the businesses aren't in debt to the consumer, the consumer is pretty much in need of the things that they buy and use. Get your selves together and take some RESPOSABILITY! Don't just try to get off the hook by placing the burden on the merchants who sell you the items that you CAN'T make yourself. Stop being a liability to the economy! The simplest thing to do is deny responsibility, and the easiest thing is to put the burden of that responsibility upon someone else! Why would any business be in business if it were not to turn a profit! Oh yes... that good old thing called PROFIT! Business owners take upon the headache of getting things rolling, dealing with lazy employees who want something for nothing! Oh yes, most consumers in the U.S fall into that category! There have been studies that have proven that the American work force is the most inefficient workforce in the world! Google it and compare it to other countries and industries. Overpaid and underperformed, that is the main reason we have a hard time competing with other economies as far as competition! I guess what I’m trying to say is... STOP being lazy, self centered and PLEASE take some RESPONSIBILITY! Read contracts so that you understand everything clearly, help yourselves instead of hurting others and other businesses that employ people like yourselves! One day you may wake up and realize that there very little goods to be bought and no jobs because companies and businesses have all tired of this kind of behavior! Be RESPONSIBLE!

P.S. The BBB, is a profit oriented organization, members who PAY to be part of the BBB are favored and do not receive bad grades! So how does that settle in your stomachs?!

• Ka
      18th of Nov, 2008

This company is a scam, stay far away!

21st of Nov, 2008
    TheColonDiet.com - no customer service & RUDE
    Western Products, LLC dba thecolondiet.com
    11537 Tuxford St
    Sun Valley
    California
    Phone: 866-248-3759
    thecolondiet.com

I ordered the trial, product came very late. I mailed it back, called the # and left a message that I was canceling, sent emails to support. NOTE: their answering machine says to hold for customer service to cancel, noone ever answers. AND it gives a DIFFERENT email address to write for canceling. I sent emails there too. Then a week later they charged me 79.98. So I called and emailed again - I never got any response until I started posting complaints on this type of site. THEN I received one of the RUDEST emails ever. About how stupid I am and that I obviously can't read. And it wasn't signed. I called again, emailed again - no one has responded to even let me know if they got my product or not. I suggest we all file complaints with the Attorney General of California. This company has no customer service and there is OBVIOUSLY no way to cancel once ordered.
    They have a F rating with the BBB.

• Ka
      30th of Nov, 2008

This company is a scam, its that simple