TheColonDiet / Cancelled and still got charged!

1 11537 Tuxford StreetSun Valley, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1(866) 248 - 3759

I canceled within my 14 day trial period (The 11th day) and this is what they emailed me.

"Our records indicate that you did not cancel within the 14 day trial and were charged the monthly shipment. This order and charge cannot be cancelled or returned for a refund. It is clearly stated in our terms and conditions that if we do not receive a cancellation our company has the obligation to charge the credit card on hand for the monthly shipment. It also states in the trial terms that monthly orders cannot be refunded and may only be cancelled to stop future shipments. All orders shipped and returned without authorization will be shipped back to the customer and or disregarded. All future orders have been cancelled. You agreed to our terms and conditions upon ordering the free trial and hence our bound to our policy."

Stay away! This is the worst company i have every dealt with on the internet. Dont believe the fake positive comments that may be under my complaint, its "thecolondiet"

Ma

Comments

• Ju
      28th of Aug, 2008

Yeah i know, this company is not trustworthy. They try to act as though they are all high and mighty and its all your fault.

• Ok
      28th of Aug, 2008

Looks like you didnt cancel...got charged...I dont see anything wrong with that email...???

• Ca
      28th of Aug, 2008

Whatelse!, hello. Whats wrong with the email is that they cancelled on the 11th day and got charged. They are right you must work for thecolondiet. Anyone can tell that they cancelled and got charged when they were not supposed to.

28th of Aug, 2008

ha ha, it looks like it is. How can anyone not understand that i canceled on the 11th day. No regular person would just side with a company when a customer makes a complaint that makes sense. Nice try "colondiet"

• Ok
      1st of Sep, 2008

Everyone has a problem with every company on this complaint board...All you read on these boards are people have been scammed...its pretty interesting all of them have had the same problem with similar companies... Maybe we shouldnt blame the company...and start blaming our own ignorance...All you read..."this company scammed me" "this company robbed me" "this that this that" Just read allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the other complaints...it will SOUND JUST LIKE YOURS...:) You leaving this complaint...you arent different than someone who left a complaint about colopure...or colonaid...or colonmate...go ahead type "colon" and seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee how many people like you, looking for a free trial...didnt READ and got charged...

"This company scams me and so many people on my board. I see so many complaints about them. Then they put false user comments on boards and blogs. Everyone has problems with this company. All they do is charge early on trials. I am in the middle of a dispute with my bank and thecolondiet. I have the proff i cancelled within the 14 days, my bank is on my side."

You can type...can you read also!

2nd of Sep, 2008

whats the point, that means a lot of people have complaints about thecolondiet. You sound like you work for thecolondiet. You try to disguise it like you are a regular person. It is the companies fault, i read the terms they scam. Its a 14 day trial, i cancel on the 11th day. They charge... i should say you charged early. I dont see how that is hard to understand. Why cant it be the companys fault, they charged early. It is that simple, they charged before i have a full 14 days to evaluate the product. Maybe you cant read. does that not make sense to you...14 day trial i canceled 11th day. HELLO... the trial is not finished. Go to the site and read the tersm, it say clearly 14 days, i read it, it says 14 days. I canceled on 11th day. You read it and tell me if i read it wrong?

• Ka
      23rd of Oct, 2008

They are doing the same thing to me. I can't believe a company can do this and still stay in business. I am also having to pay overdraft charges!!! Thanks for listening. Karen

• Ar
      18th of Nov, 2008

I don't think that it is a scam this company is running. For some reason I believe that most people who complain about this sort of thing have either not read terms of use or forgot to cancel. I took it upon myself to check out these complaints and take a look at these offers. I have ordered and canceled 3 of these offers and they do seem to play by the rules that they have set. I also have seen some offers which give incentives for certain purchases. Which in no way would be the reason for the people, on this and other complaint boards, to buy this product right? Ask yourselves these questions before pointing the finger! Did you not read the terms? I believe that they were written in English. Did you take up an offer to get something out of it for free on the back end? If so, then obviously you were trying to rip the company off yourselves. Why the anonymous complaints? Why are people so scared to put their names at least so that these complaints can be followed up and verified? These complaint boards require no verification. It almost seems to me that some of these complaints are made by competitors. It is a simple fact that complaints which are not verified are not valid. Complaining to the BBB and attorney general etc. The only reason that companies even give in to these things is that it is not worth their time to go through administrative research and spend money on these complaints. They just let them go. The consumer would lose 9 out of 10 in a study done by me and my team about the matter. It just isn't worth the businesses time in a profit sense to spend time fighting the few out of the many legitimate customers. Also an independent study has shown that the consumer in the US is a much bigger liability then elsewhere in the world. So a lot of companies here don't even sell to US citizens. It’s just not worth the effort. Imagine that! Consumers feel that retailers and manufacturers are in debt to them. Well I beg to differ. It is the consumer that is in debt to the businesses. Consumers aren’t doing a favor to businesses buying from them. I will give you the reason. The reason for this is that consumers would have to make everything they buy now! If you want a house, you would have to build it yourself! Remember there are no contractors! If you want to watch TV... no one to make and sell them to you, so... you would have to go to school and get an education to learn how to make a flat screen, If you want a credit card, you would have to make the plastic go and figure out how to put the black strip on your card, make an ID to match that card and finance yourself... oh wait a min... You would have to make money too...WOW! If you want to drive a car... you would have to get an engineering degree, design the car then learn how to build the engine, so you would have to learn to be a machinist, don't get me started on the body and interior of the vehicle!. If you want to better your health you would have to get an PhD in pharmaceuticals, 8 years, get a degree in engineering to make the equipment to make each pill that you would take, oh wait a min. you would have to do extensive field research to find out which extracts from which plants and animals will get you the vitamins your body needs and in what doses. You see... I can go on and on and on. There is no way imaginable that the average Joe consumer can do that. Not that the consumer isn't smart, although some would argue that fact, but it is impossible to do. NOTHING would get done! So before pointing fingers about certain things consumers feel that should be mandatory, remember that the businesses aren't in debt to the consumer, the consumer is pretty much in need of the things that they buy and use. Get your selves together and take some RESPOSABILITY! Don't just try to get off the hook by placing the burden on the merchants who sell you the items that you CAN'T make yourself. Stop being a liability to the economy! The simplest thing to do is deny responsibility, and the easiest thing is to put the burden of that responsibility upon someone else! Why would any business be in business if it were not to turn a profit! Oh yes... that good old thing called PROFIT! Business owners take upon the headache of getting things rolling, dealing with lazy employees who want something for nothing! Oh yes, most consumers in the U.S fall into that category! There have been studies that have proven that the American work force is the most inefficient workforce in the world! Google it and compare it to other countries and industries. Overpaid and underperformed, that is the main reason we have a hard time competing with other economies as far as competition! I guess what I’m trying to say is... STOP being lazy, self centered and PLEASE take some RESPONSIBILITY! Read contracts so that you understand everything clearly, help yourselves instead of hurting others and other businesses that employ people like yourselves! One day you may wake up and realize that there very little goods to be bought and no jobs because companies and businesses have all tired of this kind of behavior! Be RESPONSIBLE!

P.S. The BBB, is a profit oriented organization, members who PAY to be part of the BBB are favored and do not receive bad grades! So how does that settle in your stomachs?!

• Ka
      18th of Nov, 2008

this company is a scam, too many people have problems with them. Obviously this guy obove me works for the company!