The Wedding Holiday / Atrocious customer service

1 Mississauga, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

We have had exactly the same problems and have been dealing directly with the owner, who hasn't been any more helpful. I have appealed to her several times about how stressful it is trusting your wedding to someone else and she just goes on about the terrible time she has keeping staff! The worst of all is having to hear from your guests that the company sucks and that no one is returning thier calls or answering thier questions. One couple almost didn't even get booked as they didn't enter the information in the system or take the deposit. The email confirmation (when you finally get it) says that they will automatically take the final deposit on the stated date. Well the Gromms Mother assumed they would do that, and when I called two weeks before our trip for our tickets, they informed me that the tickets couldn't be released as "my group had not paid in full" and none of our tickets could be released. I did get them, after I scrambled to make sure the payment was taken, one week before departure. If I could offer any Bride one piece of advice DO NOT USE THEM! All the hotels have wonderful wedding coordinators. I pretty much plannned my own wedding anyway. You could really do it yourself.

Comments

• St
      20th of Jun, 2011

Hey TruthTeller, I guess you work for that [censored]hole of a company huh?! Get a life!!! Instead of running around commenting on people's stuff that you apparently don't care about!

• Fr
      19th of Jul, 2011

Booked our wedding with The Wedding Holiday and nearly all my guests had issues with them, incorrect room types/overcharges/etc. I booked a room for $1872 pp and made the final payment and then 3 weeks prior to the wedding they e-mail me that the rate would now be $2061pp because they thought we'd have more rooms booked, although I reserved and paid for 5 rooms as agreed, and if I didn't pay it by the end of the day my space may be canceled with loss of deposit. I had no choice but to pay the extra since all my family and friends already booked and I had already spent thousands on our reception location.

Also, they will confirm you in one room type then pay the resort for a lower room type and use their free upgrades to get you the room you booked while pocketing the difference. This seems dishonest to me as I paid for an upgraded room type but that room was not available when I arrived at the hotel.

I have disputed the extra charge of $378 on my credit card and have also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau to warn others about this company. BEWARE OF THE WEDDING HOLIDAY!!!

• Ze
      28th of Aug, 2013

We are having the absolute WORST time with The Wedding Holiday and can't wait to see Lorraine face to face so I can give her a larger piece of my mind. Planning a wedding should be fun and exciting and all Lorraine has been is an incompetent, irresponsible, unethical, unprofessional and disappointment "travel agent."
    Do. Not. Use. Her!!!

• Pd
      16th of Mar, 2014

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! Lorraine is a terrible person with absolutely no morals.
    She is rude and very incompetent, as is the rest of the staff.
    Also, they don't do anything extra. When you book a resort wedding, it's the resort that does everything. They are very over priced. You can go to any travel agent and get way better service and price.

• Ze
      16th of Mar, 2014

Lorraine Simpson is the WORST POSSIBLE PERSON TO A. OWN A COMPANY
    B. BE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE
    C. TO TRUST.

This lady is a complete fraud. Please do not book with her. you will have the worst time and just add more stress to your life. And now someone informed me she's working for niagara advertising weddings.. terrible. And she owns the Crown and Crumpet in Jordan. Avoid. They've even had issues there not only with customer service but cleanliness.

I'd be happy to tell you more and in all details plus if that doesn't even deter you I can show you email promises, follow up emails about why those promises aren't being fullfilled etc. Oh and her mother, mother in law and step mom can only die so many times.. and the dog. Lets not forget that one.

• St
      19th of Sep, 2016

Want to know real HORROR...Try working with this Hoity Toity knucklehead LIAR. I had such a MISFORTUNE. Being an experienced agent of over 30 years, I went to what I thought was a challenging opportunity. She had me calling people..Telemarketing..I did not even touch a file...She is a fake and a phony...and claimed that I was not ONE OF THEM! Yayyyy...I am so glad. I lasted 1 month.She fired me. Cheating, lying two faced high on yourself pitiful wannabee! All of the above is true..and your stories are VERY true! All she is after is $$$$$$$$$.