The Warranty Group / The Warranty Group - Horrible Company to Deal With

1 MA, United States Review updated:

I recently had a Sony television break down and because the company I bought it from, Tweeter, is no longer in business, my warranty was unfortunately being held by The Warranty Group. Overall, a horrible customer service experience. Whether it was answering the phone or making any sort of decision, it took forever. As the holder of the warranty, they never failed to let me know they were in charge. When I was unhappy with the replacement TV set I was being offered since it was cost prohibitive to repair my original TV, I was basically told that I could either take the TV or the cash value of it. My original TV was a top-of-the-line Sony XBR television and they offered me a V-Series Sony, a good set, but not in the same class as an XBR. Same features, but I bought a Lexus and was being asked to settle for a Camry replacement. When I wanted to take the money plus the cost of the home theatre installation that I was entitled to in my contract, I was told that I could be reimbursed the cost of the home theatre installation only if I took the TV being offered, but I could not have both the cash value of the TV AND the cash value of a home theatre installation. Just stupid. When I had to be transferred to a supervisor, I was on hold for thirty minutes on some occasions. Then, the supervisor never failed to call me back at home, knowing full well that I was not there. Of all the people that I spoke to in my six-week ordeal, only one woman, Hillary, seemed to understand my complaint. I don't know her last name because nobody ever offered their last name, even when asked. That should tell you a lot about the company. I feel bad for all the Circuit City customers whose warranty is held by The Warranty Group. Be prepared to be treated like dirt when you need some help!

Comments

• Tw
      29th of Jul, 2009

We have contacted the customer and reached an agreement to settle their complaint.

• Bo
      12th of Aug, 2009

I just wanted to leave another message to verify the comment posted by TWGCLIENTRELATIONS. Less than twenty-four hours after my initial post, someone from The Warranty Group contacted me and we were able to come to an a satisfactory settlement regarding my warranty.