The Warranty Group Inc. / Horrible company

I have a Television that I purchased an extended Warranty on. The warranty is through a company called The Warranty Group. The Bulb in the DLP TV went out and up to two Bulbs are covered in my warranty. I called to submit my claim for the bulb on a Friday Morning. I was told that my bulb had been ordered and should be at my home in 7 to 10 Business Days. Just that I have an issue with, I think that any part that can be shipped should be done overnight since my TV is just a huge paperweight without the Bulb. But I digress, So I patiently wait 10 business days and I still do not have the bulb. I call back on that Saturday after the tenth day to check on my bulb. The woman I talk to tells me that the part is on back order for two months. I get online and I find the part and it is available today and for free overnight shipping. I ask the young lady if I order it can I just be reimbursed for the cost then. She tells me that is not an option. I ask for her manager and I am told that they are not in the office on the weekends. I ask her to have a manager call me Monday then. She tells me that the Managers are too busy to call me back. So I call back on Monday morning and ask to speak with a manager. I get put on hold while I am transferred to a manager. I wait for over two hours and finally hung up and called back. This time I do actually get to a manager. I am told that the order had slipped through the cracks and not been processed but the bulbs are not on back order and I will get it overnight since I have had such a problem. She promises me that she will personally take care of it and get me a tracking number. She did ask that I give the bulb until Wednesday to arrive as processing at the supplier might take a day and it may not be shipped today(Monday). On Wednesday I get home from work looking forward to getting my TV back. No Bulb. I call again and this time the manager that I spoke to on Monday is already off for the day. I get another manager that tells me he can do nothing for me except try to get information together and call me back on Thursday but by then I should have the bulb. Well today is Thursday and I called again to get a tracking number so I could verify that the part had shipped and to find out when I would get it. I get the chance to talk to the first manager that I had spoken to and she tells me that she does not have a tracking number and she will have to call me back when she gets it. I ask her if I was just not important enough for her to remember and follow up with since she promised me that she would have the information by Wednesday after I talked to her on Monday. She tells me some lame excuse and I hang up not really expecting to get a call back. But she shocks me and does call me back after about ten minutes. She tells me that the supplier of the bulb dropped the ball and still has not shipped the bulb. It will ship today and I will have it tomorrow. So what I think is reasonable to expect should take abut 3 to 4 days total is now going to be no less than 21 days. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and also sent a letter to the company that I purchased the TV and the Warranty from and notified them that as long as they do business with The Warranty Group that I will never do business with them again. It also worth noting that I called the managers manager at the warranty group and have yet to hear back after leaving a message. Beware of The Warranty Group and join me in a ban of all who support them.

Ha

More The Warranty Group Inc. Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Jd
      12th of May, 2010

I had an extended warranty from The Warranty Group for my tv, same thing, the bulb went out. I got the bulb within 5 days of calling and they followed up with me to make sure everything went fine. I guess it's not an excuse, but maybe the way that people are spoken to when they receive a complaint makes all the difference in the world. I would buy another extended warranty from them in a heartbeat. Sorry you had problems.

• Sp
      20th of Jun, 2010

This company seems likes its a scam or phony. They made an error with my warranty, I was supposed to get a replacement plan but instead they have been giving me a repair plan. I called them to tell them to change the error in their system and this was on 6/12/2010. On this day I was supposed to have a check sent out to replace my broken MPC500 but they didnt. They called me back the next day and told me to send the product from my local UPS store--wait this doesnt make sense--I have a replacement plan. I call back and they tell me sorry for the issue we are processing the check now. I get another call the next day and my check hasnt been put in the mail, and there has been to many notes or errors for the person to help me so I have waited 4 days and counting to hear from the manager. Call time for waiting is [censor]!!

first call: 58mins
    seccond call:34mins
    third call 55mins and couldnt help me
    final call 65 mins and they told me someone is going to call me back
    this is how long i waited just to SPEAK WITH SOMEONE!!

SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!

14th of Mar, 2014

I totally agree with spuncer500!
    I canceled their policy after they told me to put a chair in front of the refrigerator to keep the door closed! Apparently Sears could not repair the door and the technician just left after receiving the service fee and never came back to repair the door. I called sears many times and they never returned the call or fixed the door. When I finally canceled the policy, I found out that they automatically renewed it without my permission and they deducted a fee from the refund because I used their service for a refrigerator door that was never fixed. The company is a real fraud and I am telling everybody how they really are and what a scam they are!

• Se
      16th of Mar, 2014

Hi mad again,

Thanks for taking time to post about how your refrigerator door repair was handled. We take pride in providing excellent member services and it appears we missed the mark concerning your refrigerator repair. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. I realize how this matter was handled was disappointing to you thus causing you to cancel the Protection Agreement. I would like to take this time to offer our assistance. We would like the opportunity to speak with to offer further assistance and to provide feedback to the appropriate management team. At your earliest convenience, please send your contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name (mad again) to reference your post to smadvisor@searshc.com and a case manager will contact you directly. Again, thank you for providing feedback about your refrigerator repair and member service experience. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Brian R.