The Warranty Group / Circuit City Advantage Plan / LACK OF ACTION / PASS THE BUCK
This company acquired/assumed the Circuit City Advantage Protection Plans for electronics purchased from Circuit City prior to 2006.
My LG 42" DLP TV failed for the FOURTH time in January 2009, so I submitted a claim under the NO LEMON GUARANTEE. "if Your Product is repaired twice and it fails a third time, as verified by the Service Provider, We will replace it under Our NO Lemon Guarantee. Replacement products will be of equal or similar features and functionality".
The company has refused to honor this guarantee stating that I must provide evidence of prior workorders performed by Circuit City, even though I have provided claim numbers and dates that prior repairs have been done.
The company will not provide any direct numbers to call, only toll-free or fax numbers. Customer Service personnel consistently misstate the requirements of the warranty. Even though the Service Provider agreed he would not repair the TV without my consent, a company adjuster told him to repair it because "the customer does not have proper paperwork".
I have been lied to and deceived about how this claim would be processed (the TV had already been repaired in late February, even though during calls on 3/10 and 3/13 I was told that the 'NO LEMON' claim is pending and that an adjuster would call me.
I am expected to provide documentation that was never given to me (when Circuit City repaired the TV in our home they DID NOT provide copies of any work that was done). Such documentation was or should have been obtained by The Warranty Group when these contracts were purchased/assumed.
More The Warranty Group / Circuit City Advantage Plan Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Circuit City Credit Card - Chase/ Circuit City 
- Circuit City / Element LCD TV - Misleading customer service! 
- Circuit City And Assurant Solutions - Why you shouldn't buy anything from liquidation 
- Circuit City Advantage Protection Plan - They don't honor their extended warranties nor is it hassle free! 
- Chase Circuit City Credit Card - ACTIVATING CREDIT CARD 
- Circuit City Stores - Poor service 
- Circuit City - Low cost- not worth the time & frustration
- Circuit City - It is a complete waste of your time 
- Circuitcity.com - Do not believe anything in the why buy from us link
- Circuit City - Return policy nightmare