The Walker Group Inc / Poor service/breach of contract

1 Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Review updated:

I purchased a refrigerator at an appliance store and purchased the extended warranty from The Walker Group. Here I am a year and a half later with a broken fridge. I contacted The Walker Group (TWG) and it took them a week to get back to me just to make an appointment! For a fridge! I mean a fridge isn't a crucial piece of North American lifestyle or anything. So they send a technician and find that there is a faulty thermostat. I watched the guy test it and I am a HD Mechanic and understand refrigeration. He tells me to defrost the fridge and he'll be back before the fridge quits again. A month later haven't heard from them and once again everything in my fridge is spoiled! Justy dandy! Several hours and many many phone calls later and 3 seperate promised dates of parts deliveries I finally get forceful with them and won't quit calling and yelling at everyone and they finally put me through to a supervisor. They try to tell me parts are not available. For 3.5 months they haven't been able to get parts. Long story short I yelled until they agreed to pay me to fix my own fridge. I did, with a part in stock in Edmonton!!! Then I send them my bill which is identical to the quote they authorized and they only pay me a fifth of what I charged them. Now to small claims court we go. TWG is fantastic!

Comments

• Fr
      17th of Nov, 2008

This is par for the course for this company. I was have also received an email form another frustrated person who is also having issues with this company living up to what they sold you.

These guys needs to be investigated for fraud and false advertising. I suggest you file a claims with BBB in BC as I did and help make someone in that orginization accountable for their business conduct.

• Ri
      28th of Nov, 2008

This is the problem we are having with them too.Ours is a projector that has been out for repair for 3 months.Hard to get the kids to go downstairs to watch the paint dry.We are thinking we are going to contact the media.At the very least we will lodge a complaint with the BBB in B.C. to try to help the next guy. It will be a cold day somewhere before we deal with this company again or buy equiptment from anyone who deals with them.
    Where was the fridge bought from it might be worth letting them know they should find another warrantee company or face loosing bussiness?

• Pi
      1st of Mar, 2010

I guess these guys just continue functioning and ripping people off. Really goes to show what power and company has over their consumers. Take their money and run and yet the governments sits arounds does nothing to investigate but let some lame organization like the BBB pretend they care.

Robert Stewart emailed personally telling me to stop "harassing" his staff. What a joke...after speaking with as many as nine people and waiting over three months with empty promises I am told by the CEO of this company to stop harassing his staff. He should be fired!! No concept of what customer service is about. Obviously he is the role model and that explains everything. I'm done yet exposing this fraudulent company. Stay tuned fore more.

• Tu
      14th of Sep, 2010

I did not get that far they hung up on me