The Vintage Palyhouse, LLC / Internet Fraud

The Vintage Palyhouse, LLC
We placed an order with The Vintage Playhouse on June 30 of this year. Payment was made for this order through PayPal. A week later we called the company uses a number that appeared on the PayPal website for this transaction. The phone call was answered by an answering machine. The message on the machine stated that we would receive a phone response and a timely fashion. There was no response so we called numerous times still attempting to get a response. All we were asking for is a delivery date for the product ordered. We also sent numerous e-mails to the addresses on their company website. Once again we received no response.

The only conclusion that we can come up with is that this company has no intention of filling the order and that is actually an Internet scam. Any help you give us can obtain a refund will be helpful.

Robert Brenner

The Vintage Palyhouse, LLC

A  13th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I also ordered from them too . I ordered the Tarzan ultimate collection for my daughter who is in the hospital awaiting a heart transplant and loves old Tarzan movies . So i ordered them from vintage playhouse because i could get all the weismuller films cheeper then. After I ordered I found out howthey charge less by not sending anything then they make a 100 % proffit. But in this case they didnt rip off me but a sick little girl who never did anything to anyone. I tryed sending e mails and got no response i cant call them as they have no phone number. Theis people are the ### of the earth,
A  28th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
We known these folks as The Vintage Playhouse and we are having the same problem. We also ordered the Tarzan DVD's in early August. So far, no product has been delivered despite our paying the Priority shipping fee, the company has not responed to any of our e-mails and they have no telephone number. I've checked CT business licenses under that name and have found none (they could be licensed in another state?). I feel that I must agree that these folks are ripping-off the public. I suggest other victims consider calling thier credit card company and reporting the purchase as fraud and, since they do business over the internet and through the US Mail, complaints should be sent to the Postmaster General of the US, the FTC, and the FCC. Sending complaints to the office of the CT Attorney General would also be a good idea. The 'business address' is a private residence in a nice area, so maybe the house can be siezed by the courts to pay restitution to the victims.
A  22nd of Sep, 2009 by
I've just been through the same fraud as those who have complained. I called my bank and tomorrow I will go and sign a document and they will credit my account for the amount taken by Vintage Playhouse and deduct it from their account and report a fraudulent action on the part of Vintage Playhouse. Usually, banks or credit card companies are very helpful in the area of fraud.

It's the same scheme: they take your money on the day you order the DVD and never return an e-mail. In my instance, I sent five e-mail messages. The Better Business Bureau gives the company an "F" rating. However, the BBB does list a phone number: /removed/. It might be worth a try calling this number. Maybe it is just an answering machine, but if there is a person on the other end, he/she will get inundated with complaints.

When you go to Google and search for "Amos n' Andy, " Vintage Playhouse is the first advertisement at the top of the page and it has a Google logo next to it, inferring that Google endorses the company. It also may be worthwhile to contact Google and tell them that Vintage Playhouse is using their name for an endorsement.

M. Lagauche