The Villa Trader / Terrible service

An agent for Villa Traders called and said they could guarantee the rental of my time share weeks. I gave them two weeks to rent. The next day a different agent called and said both weeks had been rented and a check would be cut that afternoon and mailed the next day.

No check has come and they won't return phone call. I am disputing the charge on my Visa card.

An

More The Villa Trader Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Mi
      13th of Mar, 2009

Did you have to give them money up front? If not, find a new realtor. I have a friend who just gave them $1500 for closing costs and they have not seen any money either. The fax number they provided is also invalid and I can't get a hold of them to find out what is going on. Any suggestions on getting the $1500 back? Should I have them file a fraud claim with the credit card company?

19th of Mar, 2009

Anthony, after your Villa Trader transaction, did you lose the future ability of using your 2 timeshare weeks after they were allegedly rented through Villa Trader?

• Ad
      26th of Mar, 2009

the villa trader is by far most the best for sale by owner reseller out there. i dont know what you people are talking about but i think your just trying to compete. i recieved my check in 5 weeks and my friends also joined their team. addison. pa.

• Ad
      26th of Mar, 2009

i love the villa trader

• Je
      27th of Mar, 2009

I HAVE NOT HAD ANY BAD COMPLAINTS WITH THE VILLA TRADER. I THINK THEY WORK IN A VERY SETTLE PACE AND I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THEM. THEY HAVE SOLD 2 OF MY TIMESHARES AND RENTED OUT 3 WEEKS FOR ME IN THE PAST FIVE YEARS. I AGREE WITH ADISON I THINK THE PEOPLE THAT ARE TALKING NEGATIVE ABOUT THEM SHOULD STOP TRYING TO COMPETE. THEY ARE HARD WORKING PEOPLE THAT DESERVE A LIL MORE CREDIT

• Je
      9th of Apr, 2009

I sold my timeshare on Feb 8th 2009 and they iniatially said we would get our checks in a few days. Then it went to 30 days then to 60 days and here it is April 9th and no check. They dont return calls, knowone sent any contract about sale and they drew 2000.00 on my ex-wifes credit card for closing. Please send me some advice, because Ive already contacted my lawyer. These people make me nervous and the person I talked to at corporate was very rude! Jeff.montgomery@americoldrealty.com. Thanks

• Pa
      13th of Apr, 2009

The Villa Trader called me and said they had the buyers, that the financincing was approved, and it should close within 30-60 days. This was in early January. They took $2000 from my credit card. I have tried to call back several times and was told they would call back. I had to give another name and say I was interested in buying just to get someone to talk to me. I heard today from another company that the person I was dealing with was arrested 2 weeks ago along with 3 others. He also told me none of the paper work, title search etc, was on file, meaning nothing has been done.

15th of Apr, 2009

I have had a very experience with VThe villa trader also . I honestly think that Adison andJerry Johnson must work for them. They are a very dishonest bunch, and very rude management. They also called me and said they had buyers for my timeshare and with their in house financing they were approved. if any of you recover your money please email at Reddancel@aol.com. I would greatly appreciate it.
    Good luck to all who have delt with these ###.

• Kr
      29th of Apr, 2009

Diddo to all the above...EXCEPT the post about how much they love villa trader...Totally lost money and credit card is saying that because it's past the the dispute timeline, probably cannot get my 2000 back...booooo. But I guess how dumb was I to think someone would offer me that good of money for my timeshare when you can buy it resale for alot less...Stamp a big Im gullable on my forehead...Boooo Villa Trader...2 thumbs down...Way down...

• Do
      3rd of Jun, 2009

A person from the Villa Trader called everyday, consistently, insisting that they had a buyer in front of them, wanting to buy my property/timeshare of Orange Lake Resort for $37000. They said that the only things we had to pay was for the closing costs, which were $2000. The person on the phone asked for my credit card information, saying that the transaction wasn't going to be effective until I send a few signed documents that they sent me through e-mail. I printed these documents and waited a few days because I wasn't really sure about this transaction. The person on the phone called me again asking why I hadn't sent the signed documents. I told them that I didn't want to continue with the transaction. However, he guaranteed me that the transaction wasn't going to be processed until I send the signed documents. In the meantime, I received a statement from my credit card which showed that there was a transaction made the same night I gave him my information, which was on January 12, 2009, even when he guaranteed me that the transaction wasn't going to be made until I send those signed documents. I then called the Villa Trader and the same person answered, whose name is Mr. Morris. He said that all I had to do was to send the signed documents and that I would receive the closing documents within three weeks. I was a little hesitant but I sent the documents anyways, since the transaction was already made. Since then, I have been calling consistently to find out what happened with the whole process. Some time later, I found out that Mr. Morris was no longer working in the company and nobody knows about my case. Ever since, I continued to call and either nobody knows what I am talking about or they simply do not answer the phone call. I left tons of messages and still no answer. I do not know what to do and I need help. I am worried that this is a scam and my $2000 will be gone.

• Bo
      10th of Sep, 2009

Doliver231,

Join the crowd. You will never see your money or sell your unit. You can wrap this up to a learning experience. I did it more than a year ago and there is no record that they any knowledge of me as the people that I was in contact are no longer there.