The Used Car Store / Terrible experience!

39 Chambers Bridge RoadLakewood, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 732 363 6533
Bought a car from them for $2,000, and the car was great during the test drive. But when I went to pick it up the next day none of the dash gauges worked because the put in a new battery and shorted something, the break lights stopped working and the automatic transmission would not go in to third gear. Too it back an hour after buying it and they were very rude. They said they would not fix anything and come back Tuesday to see if they did short anything. Meanwhile I am supposed to drive a car that I can't even tell how fast I am driving. What is sad is that these men knew that my three year old daughter would be riding in this car and they sold it to me anyways. I would never tell any one to buy a car from there. Especially if you have children, their cars are marked for $4,000-$1,100, but they are worth about $200. Don't get a car here if you want something to actually get you from point A to point B.

Comments

Er
  7th of Mar, 2008
I also have been unlucky enough to be tricked into buying a car from these scam artists. Just last November I purchased a used 97' Plymouth Breeze from them. It ran fine during the test drive but later gave out on me. I took it to a mechanic and it had a very small transmission leak, and he told me it had extensive flood damage. Two weeks later despite having plugged the leak, flushing the fluids and a complete tune-up, the car's transmission ceased. Overall I had the car for two months and it only ran problem-free for about two weeks within that timeframe. Worst car experience EVER! I'm out more than $2,500 and i have these jerks to thank!
Je
  8th of Apr, 2008
I bought a car from these guys for my daughter and have had zero problems. I even sent my son back to them and he also purchased a car from them with no problems. Best part was that their prices were very competitive.
Ch
  7th of May, 2012
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
How is this company still in business??? We had same problem with Deegan Roofing. We did not do our homework prior to job and went for the price. DEEGAN ROOFING WAS A HUGE MISTAKE!!!