The UPS Store / failed to appropriately pack and ship my item

1 Davie, FL, United States Review updated:

Claim # [protected] store # 4455 Davie Fl owned by Patrick Eloi

My 102 pound item was inappropriately packed and shipped to my customer in Texas. This item sold on eBay and was easily proven its value of $725. It was not marked heavy whatsoever to inform any potential carrier of it's excessive weight. It had a total of 14 Styrofoam packing peanuts. It was not wrapped in any type of bubble wrap whatsoever. My customer received their item in Texas destroyed. EBay refunded them there $725 leaving me with no merchandise and out the money. This UPS store completely missed handled my case. Jeffree the assistant manager declare the value at $400 without my consent or knowledge of doing so. I have never received my item back and I only got $390. This is completely inefficient and is hurting my small business. I believe the remainder value of $490 should be paid to me promptly being that I can prove that's what my value and items sold for. It was inappropriately packed and I paid $155 for shipping. Some of that was for Jeffrey to do his job and pack my item appropriately making sure it was secure which was not done. I cannot afford to take that kind of loss. I do not have my amplifier and I do not have a sufficient refund. I did not have knowledge of his declaration of value nor did he get my consent. I can easily prove what it sold for in the money I am out. You claim that you are for small business yet you are technically stealing from mine. I paid for a service that was not rendered. The owner Patrick Eloi went out of his way to ignore me and I do not believe he is an individual with character or integrity is that you represent your corporation. I would like my remaining balance of my refund met. Under the claim number listed above, all photos and proof of purchase and sale are attached to that claim number. All requirements were met on my behalf to prove what my value was in that the item was damaged.

Br
Dec 28, 2017

Comments

• Su
      28th of Dec, 2017

Contact UPS Store Department at ups.com. Each store is independently owned and operated but they can intervene. Did you write down declared value as $725? Did UPS go view the package to see it wasn’t packaged properly? Got pictures? You have to tell them the value. Didn’t you see the receipt to see you’d paid insurance on $400 only?

• Sh
      29th of Dec, 2017

If the value was more than the $400, wouldn't you have to declare it as more and pay a larger insurance premium?

• Su
      29th of Dec, 2017

@Shaun R. Yes. That’s why I asked. The receipt will say how much it cost and what value.