The Upholstery Shop / Bad news

1 United States

We hired The Upholstery Shop to do some upholstery work for us. When we saw the job half completed we had work ceased (and had to pay more money to take our furniture away unfinished). When we pointed out why we were dissatisfied with the work, the owner became argumentative and defensive. We now have to pay another upholsterer to fix the job. After taking the chairs to another upholsterer and finding more problems, I called the The Upholstery Shop owner back and asked for a refund. She again became argumentative but agreed to give us about half of our money back. When I mentioned our furniture had scratches and nicks from her shop she said she "was very angry at me" and I was "accusing her of things she didn't do." However, there are now nicks and scratches with bare wood showing--ironically from what appears to be a tool used to remove the original trim. The owner told me her work was good and she had plenty of business, implying she didn't need mind--which she certainly won't get in the future!

Ch