The United States Social Security Administration / social security bullies

600 Commerce Pl, Topeka, IN, United States Review updated:

There are some pretty scary happenings going on with my SSDI benefits. First it took me 4 years to be approved. Then I received a work comp settlement three years after that.. SSA was notified immediately of the work comp however did not notice it until I called with a question 1 1/2 years later. Right away a large overpayment was detected. It was decided SSA faulted in an untimely response so I made application to wave and it was granted. The overpayment scared me so I halted the work comp payments immediately and settled for a pay out according to SSA's life expectancy rule. SSA informed me of a second large overpayment to which I appealed and argued life expectancy rule. SSA argued "the Judge didn't sign the Order." While working on this information with the work comp office, $16, 000 was dropped into my bank account as "a one time payment" and at the same time my monthly benefit amount went to $34.00. I was frantic. I personally visited and called SSA numerous times only to be hung up on, talked over, lied to, and ultimately had the police called on me to "leave the private property." My first response to the officer was, "this is public property." He said it didn't matter I had to go. Mind you now, all this time I was trying to find out just what had happened to my monthly benefits and after notice of two large over payments and now a surprise amount dumped into my bank account I was sure I was being set up for an overpayment I could not explain and would be forced to repay. No one was willing to help. On my journey to find out the final fate of my monthly benefits, I discovered almost all the customer service representatives were bullies. The last of course was when I was escorted from the SSA office by a police officer. The worker called me annoying and I guess that was enough to be booted out. And of course the lobby was full of people. I am working from home appealing the SSA decision and some things no decision has been made at all on because the workers scare me when I approach them. I'm in it for the long run though. I believe since I am basically getting away with two large over payments SSA screwed up all by themselves, they decided they would drop $16, 000 in my bank account and tell me it was a back payment. It just didn't smell right. I went in to question it and my monthly benefit of $34.00 and was not able to get a word in edgewise. Then is when the police was called. I calmly sat there and said, "I'm not going anywhere." The cop escorted me out. Now what to do? Just sit back and take all their lies? No, not me. I jumped the gun and typed up an appeal about the $16, 000 and $34 monthly amount of income and snitched on everyone of those women who treated me like I had aids or something. Well, it didn't work. I need to find out who the supervisor is and sit down with her unless she's just like them...then that might make me think maybe I really do have a disability. lol SSA makes errors. Some are human and some are intentional. I believe after I received waivers on 2 large over payments someone got jealous and set me up with an obvious payout with a deduction of monthly payments. Not funny. What to do What to do. $34.00 a month I was notified by our local SRS I had a medical spend down of over $7, 000; The insurance company who handled my Part D insurance told me I owed since the first of the year premiums; and I had to discontinue Medicare Parts A&B so I could use those premiums for income and suffer the consequences of penalties for not having insurance. This is similar as to what I put in my appeal about the surprise money deposited in my account and the $34 I had left to survive on. I faxed the appeal with a few deserving remarks about the ladies who bullied and disrespected me along the way but still don't know the specifics about that $34 a month and how I'm supposed to live on that. I pray the fax got through and into my file. They wouldn't give me a supervisor's name so I don't know who to complain to but I do know that if I appeal to a Judge I just might get the whole story out and maybe there will be some serious conversations about new hires at the local SSA. At one point I mentioned I had appealed and the woman who called the cop said, "it's not in this file. Where is it?" I know for a fact I mailed it to them. Now what? Are they intentionally not putting information into the files. Somebody better wake up and do some checking on our social security field offices cause they're throwing people out right and left and creating some huge pay backs if they don't like you. All I want is my monthly benefit amount back. I'm permanently and totally disabled and have no other source of income. I'm a little less angry at this juncture so maybe I can think a little more clearly but I have to have funds to live on. I had to try to explain to my 5-year-old grandson he could not have his picture taken at school today because grandma had no money. This is much more devastating than I am letting on. I'm pretty sick about the people who are there to help me rather than the over payments and money dumped into my account for no reason. Why aren't they friendly? What is the purpose of creating situations like this for people? Honestly I'm thinking about typing up a little note about each and every person (by name) who bullied me one way or the other and faxing it to their human resource department. But once again, I think they are pretty tight in that office and it would make me look angry.

The United States Social Security Administration

Wa
Mar 4, 2014

Comments

• Us
      4th of Mar, 2014

Most social security law firms in this country are pretty lousy, the worst ones being - binder & binder, motlick law firm or fleschner, stark, tanoos & newlin

Don't buy any newspapers from the augusta chronicle: they are a racist & dishonest news staff
    Setting the record straight: the augusta chronicle 6/6/2013 retraction of lies printed by reporter tracey mcmanus & the "shotty" journalism by wjbf news 6 flunkie: tyrone mccoy:

The truth is spreading & new civil rights heroes are speaking out against racism & injustice in the south!!

The articles on parents confronting superintendent roberson & the b. o. e., and principal kim davis response to allegations of her misconduct (which was all proven factual in previous news reports & eye witness statements)- kim davis's public statement was a complete fabrication and a deliberate "damage control" effort, to falsely attack the character of a respected church leader, and social activist who was only protecting his son & defending other children who all have been mistreated or abused by disgraceful school principal kimberly davis!!

4th of Mar, 2014

walkinnomore, you sound like you are really paranoid. I'm sure the police weren't called for no reason, you probably went in there with a really belligerent attitude, and completely running off at the mouth. It does take a few years to be approved for benefits. As far as that $16, 000 deposit goes, that could be back payment on a pro-rated basis for what you would have been receiving those four years that it took for you to be approved. Also no matter what the business, if a person makes a pest of themselves often enough, it does get to be a problem. You aren't the only person that they have to serve, there are all kinds of people that they have to answer questions for. Did it ever occur to you that you might get better service and more answers if you would talk to them nicely and politely, forget the name calling (which I would be willing to bet, you did that directly to their faces, not just to other people.) You can attract more flies with honey, than vinegar. I do know from experience with my adult mentally disabled daughter, that the amount of benefits you receive dipends on the amount of other income you receive. She draws adult disabled child benefits off her Dad's SS. When he was working full time and earning more than he should have, about a year later, we would receive a letter saying that she had been overpaid by such and such an amount, and that they would be deducting that amount from her benefits, but we could make arrangements for them to take a smaller amount out until the full amount had been paid back. We did this so that she would have enough coming in to pay her rent, etc. I tried to argue that being it was her Dad earning too much money, he should be the one paying it back, but was told that isn't the way it works. Do you save all of the paper communication that you receive from SSA? If you do, and read all of it, I bet you will get the answers you are looking for. If you don't understand what you are reading, ask a good friend or family member to read it with you. In the mean time, calm down, Being upset like you appear to be, isn't good for your health. There isn't any reason to be that upset. A lot of it is your attitude, which sounds an awful lot like my ex-husband..

4th of Mar, 2014

Why aren't the parents of your grandson paying for his school pictures. Furthermore, he could have the pictures taken, you don't have to buy any. I have had kids in school and grandkids in school. When my kids were in school we could afford to buy the photos, but my oldest daughter who has four kids, could rarely afford to by her kids photos, which was their problem, she knew better than to ask me to do it.

4th of Mar, 2014

If you read all of the written communication you have received from the SSA I bet you will find the answers you need. When you have to talk to one of their employees be polite, instead of being rude and belligerent and you will be treated better in return.