The Ultimate Facial / bogus charges

1 Macon, GA, United States Review updated:

My mom recieved two packages in the mail from this company not idetified on the outside of the package to let you know whom it is from, so you have to open it . She never ordered this Ultimate Facial product and then when you call to get them to return it, they already charged my mothers credit card and would not tell me how they got my parents card number just kept telling me they ordered it when they have not . They stated if the package was open they would charge her 19.95 for the package being tampered with .. This is a scam and they should be ashamed to treat older people this way, they are taking advantage of people. I have contacted the Better Business Bureau and when I told Jenny a supervisor on the phone from The Ultimate Facial this, she hung up on me. Please beware of this company they are truely out to scam us!!!

Ha

Comments

Ev
  5th of Jan, 2009

I did not order this item. I am 65 years old and disabled.

De
  18th of Mar, 2009

I would like to cancel my membership but I cannot find out how to do that.

Je
  23rd of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

scam!!! They put in fine fine print that this is a trial and you have to cancel within 10 days or they will bill you. I did not sign or check off this box and the woman at ultimatefacial.com was rude and hung up on me

Ha
  31st of Mar, 2009

Including The Ultimate Facial, my debit card was fraudulently charged for countless products that I DID NOT ORDER; products are arriving to my home from companies/addresses from all over the nation! Is there a connection among these companies? I believe so. Detectives at my local police department are working on this case, as well as, a similar case. Have you had a similar problem? Please share...these people must be stopped!

Re
  31st of Mar, 2009

They sent and charged me stuff that I did not order. The fraud division of my credit card carrier called me the day after they charged my account. They must have had lots of complaints about them to call me up for a charge of under $5. Somehow this outfit gets your credit card info and your address. They are total crooks. But it still cost me $7 to send their junkl back to them.

Jo
  5th of Apr, 2009

YOUR TEN DAY TRIAL STARTS FROM THE DAY YOU ORDER THIS PRODUCT SO BY THE TIME YOU'VE BURNED YOUR FACE TIMES UP! COMPLETELY UNFAIR.

Pu
  17th of Apr, 2009

The round sander(bright pink color) does irritate upper cheaks, under eye area!!! They DO NOT LET YOU CANCEL!!! I tried cancelling on the site today and it claim to go through but when I checked my card balance it was NOT posted!!! When I attempted to go back to the site its suddenly UNAVAILABLE! So I got the # off my account statement (1866-711-2823), just for them to tell me the system is down and did I want them to call back or could I!!! I told the sales rep they have until 3pm. She chortled, tickled me thanks to all these complaints!!! The offer is supposed to be free(risk free) for a 7-10 day trial but its not!!! Not only do you pay shipping but if you want to cancel it costs $19.41 and even then you have to deal with the run around!! Not good customer service!!! They want $129.99 for each shipment they send if you do not cancel, I don't know about the rest of you but I do not want facials for 129.99 for 1-2 month treatments!!! Might be worth every penny but with the way the economy is going that is extra food or clothing (to my household anyways)$$$$!!!
They make it seem like cancellation is simple but its not! DO NOT TRY UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO CONTINUE SERVICES, WHICH SHOULD BE MENTIONED(BUT THEN AGAIN HOW CAN THEY SUCKER US IN!?)! GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU FIGHTING TO END THIS ORDEAL, I'M PROBABLY NEXT!!!

Jo
  3rd of Sep, 2009

I wish to cancel ANY and ALL future shipments of your product as of this date and WILL NO LONGER ACCEPT the charges to my credit card, so please remove my account information from your records.

Joe

Gc
  28th of Jan, 2010

Greetings! I too am a victim of these SCAM ARTIST. I was made an offer of a ten day trial while completing a Survey. I ordered on the 20th of the month and the company sent a request for payment on the 28th. I immediatedly called the 1-866 number only to find myself in an electronic loop. After re-dailing the number several times I was still unable to talk to anyone and left a voice mail. When a rep called me she told me there was no ten day trial and no refunds. Further she stated that the company would not return any money even IF I had returned the package used or un used. I am therefore canceling my card and making afull complaint to the Attorney General and Better Business Bureau.I have cancelled online via the website and will cancel again. I will never again trust ant company or survey website. Thank you, G. Campbell

20th of Apr, 2010

I wish I would have seen these complaints before I ordered. I was clicking through their site thinking about ordering, wanting to find out the price and somehow I must have ordered. I've manged to cancel but I can't get them to refund my credit card at all. I refused the package at the post office and sent it back unopened. I've emailed them 3 times and each time they email back telling me I don't qualify for a refund. I threatened to report them to the BBB and still no refund. No wonder, they don't seem to care about their public image at all. I've cancelled my credit card. To be honest, I really don't remember ordering their product. I remember browsing their page. My brother is an attorney, a former FBI agent and a former Asst. US Atty. I emailed them asking them for my refund or that I would get my brother involved and still they tell me I don't qualify? Maybe my brother would take up a class action law suit against this company for all of us? I could ask him. How many of you out there would want to join in? I would need an idea to see if it is worth his time.

Ka
  9th of Jun, 2010

I have recent run in with the copany. While completing an online survey, we came across the 14-day free-trial pack offer for $2.87. We receievd the package with no information (about how to return, trial period length, actual charge) with the package. After 3 days from the receipt of the package, I saw $78.41 on my credit card.

I called and was told that it is 8th day from the order (which is the trial period, it was not mentioned before) and 78.71 is the charge, which again was never mentioned. They said they emailed me the terms and condition when they shipped, which I never receieved. But now I get cancellation email from them, which shows that the email works, and they never sent the trems and condition email before.

I now cannot return the product and the charge is not refundable. I have called FTC and let them know this. I also called my credict card and disputed the charge. They said they are going to investigate it. I also complained with Delaware State Attorney General's customer potection cell.

I have talked to company reps repeatedly, and emailed them. They are adamant about not refunding.

They are practising unfair means to dupe customers. Particularly their claimed 8-day trial period ( I never was told about it before) from the time THE ORDRE WAS PLACED, NOT WHEN SHIPPED, or WHEN RECEIVED was disingenuous. From the emails here, it is clear they are in the business to lure unsuspecting customers into a trap.

This company should be closed down.

Go
  21st of Jun, 2010

I was scammed by the ultimate facial as well they took me for 298 dollers never did i see any information pertaining to a membership and when I called the company they were rude and argued with me
Im not a rich person and I could not believe that they would take so much money from an inocennt person

Cr
  9th of Dec, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

They gave it a good try with me too. I canceled within 10 minutes of ordering their "trial" package. I went to the link that THEY provided and canceled. When I called within hours (I had to wait for their office to open (probably a little room with a bare light bulb hanging from the ceiling) to make SURE that my cancellation was recorded because the web site didn't offer any kind of authorization number, I was told that I hadn't canceled and that the trial "Package" was already on it's way (Hmmm. Their office wasn't opened but I was told that shipments go out IMMEDIATELY). I was also told that I would have to pay to have the package sent back. The person that I spoke to was very rude and I could tell that she deals with dissatisfied customers all the time. She kept quoting things to me that I'm convinced WERE NOT on the ad that I read when I decided to try the product for "free". So, I have promptly canceled my credit card and will refuse the package when it comes.
Personally, I have no idea if this company has a good product or not, but I would NEVER do business with them. In my opinion they are flat out dishonest. Isn't it sad that there are companies like this out there. I have to question their product quality when they have to trick people into buying it.

14th of Dec, 2010

The free trail is a trap. I ordered the product on 11/19 and received it on 11/24. I called them right away to cancel and didn't receive the cancellation confirmation for 3 days. Well I got it canceled for the second time with the rep. My thing is this, I didn't even have time to use product because I have to send it back to make sure they receive with 14 days. So I lost $1 to have it shipped to me and $8 to ship it back to them. Does anyone know if there is any consumer protection group on this?

Ag
  18th of Dec, 2010
Ulitmate Facial - Poor Quality/Assesed Charges
Ulitmate Facial V
38 Ormonde Rd
Methuen
Massachusetts
Phone: 9783972377

I just want to say that I wanted to test your product out online. I submitted a order for a trial free offer. Recived order and your product sux. Poor quality! Then my bank account was charged about $80.00, for the crappy quality merchandise that I received, making my account go negative. Thanx a bunch... I hope that other people do not make the same mistake that I did and do business with your company. You should probably do follow ups with your customers to make sure that they are satisfied! Beware of the Ulitmate Facial...

Mi
  22nd of Dec, 2010

I agree that this company should be shut down and that it is unfair for them to try and scam unsuspecting people. But this is the way of the world and they are not breaking any laws. If you read all of their "fine print" on their website, then you will see everything is clearly stated. There are many other companys that ship from the same address in Aurora CO and have the same terms and condidtions. You pay $1 and are enrolled in a membership. You now have 8 days from the time of your order to cancel or you will be charged $78.41 a month until you cancel, or you can quick cancel for 19.99, keep your product, and recieve no future shipments or charges. When you cancel you will be emailed an RMA # and you have two weeks to returns the containers the product was sent in. But you may keep the the product. I think its actually fun to place many orders, call and cancel, transfer their product into my own containers, and then return the empty containers. All of this can be done for the original charge of $1, and the reurn shipping is about $4.

When ever you order ANYTHING online, read every bit of information the website has to offer. Buyer beware!

29th of Dec, 2010

THIS IS A SCAM! NEVER GET INTO THEIR FREE TRIAL OR PROMO! THEY WILL BILL YOU MORE THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE. I WILL CONTEST THE CHARGES WITH MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY!

Je
  29th of Dec, 2010

I was charged $78 when I was told that if i didnt send the package back it would be $19... so i signed up for $1... was told that it would be $19 then i was charged $78. I called and cancelled twice and both times i asked for a refund and to talk to management and was told that they couldnt refun d anything.SCAM. my bank is looking into it and trying to get my money back

Mi
  25th of Jan, 2011

I wish I'd saw this too. I ordered through a site offering a free ipad on 1/12 but it took until 1/25 to get it. On top of that, my so-called free stuff, they didn't send because I cancelled. Then I have to have it back by 2/2. How can I do that? I have to pay the USPS some money to send it back. I cancelled on the phone AND on the internet. I also got a 5 day extension from a rep, which is really only 4 days (2/6).But maybe they're trying.The rep said I could try it but I'm not going to even have time like one of you stated. I wrote my RMA number on all 4 sides of the box, included a copy of my internet cancellation confirmation letter and stuffed it with tissue paper like a gift. So, if they are trying to win back our trusts, I won't be a victim instead of consumer. I will keep you posted. Later

Ch
  26th of Jan, 2011

I was remiss in cancelling within the required period of days after receipt of the first order. Once I had time to sit down and cancel, I called the company on their customer service number and made cancellation. They told me that a shipment had already gone out and asked me if I wanted to keep it and they would refund $40 right then (instead of the $86.36 complete return charge). I told them that I would send the package back, unopened, RTS, and would expect the whole amount credited back to me. That was three weeks ago. Now, the same customer service phone number, which was also provided to me on the cancellation confirmation email, says "Your call cannot be completed at this time." I have emailed them requesting my refund and have not heard back. What gives with these scheisters?