The UK National Lottery / Online Sweepstakes / Received genuine winning notification

1 South Africa Review updated:

Received letter from the national lottery, p.o.box 1010, Liverpool. L70 INL. United Kingdom. Ref: XYL/[protected]/07. Batch: 60/00611/Sat.
Congratulating me on winning ticket number [protected] - serial nr. 7403/07. That I have been approved to claim 402,863 pound. I then had to contact agent: James Keegan. e-mail: Agent03@national-lotterycentral.com.He then referred me to - accounts controller- Teddy Martins. Tel nr:+[protected]. e-mail: transfers@1bankofengland.com. Where upon I was given instructions to send 150 pound to Antonia Bisnouth, 873 Canada Square, London, E14 5HQ. I was then given a so called account with 1bankofengland. Now I still have to send 3,500 pound before the money can be transferred to my account. Is their any way you can be of assistance even just to get my 150 pound back. My cellphone nr: +27 [protected]. It would have been so wonderful to really have won this money, but now it seems like a scam.

Thanking you in advance.
Elize Harris. ( Heila Elizabeth Harris) RSA

Comments

• Od
      7th of Jul, 2007

Isn't funny, I received a lottery win notification too, but decided not to get too excited just in case it was a scam. Well sure enough, it is. Curiousity got the better of me, I want wanted to see how far it would go. As soon as they asked for money, I knew that was the 'crunch'.. Teddy Martins is the person named as the Accounts Controller with the same phone number. After doing a bit of a search, I came across this letter, and after checking out the Bank of England, there is no one on the staff by that name and title. 1Bank of England doesn't exist... I couldn't find anything. Other names mentioned were Dalton Delos, Events Manager and Mrs Christina James, Yahoo/Msn Lottery Games/Lottery Co-ordinator. I was silly enough to send all my details for reasons mentioned above. The only money I wasted was for a couple of phone calls to a 'Mr Delos' and a 'Teddy Martins' both whom I found very hard to understand with strong foreign middle eastern accents and very unprofessional. I had never hear of this kind of thing before but am glad I wasn't completely taken in by it. So 'BE WARNED' those of you who might read this and 'DON'T GET SUCKED IN'

• Do
      15th of Jul, 2007

Hi I'm from Canada , and I received an e-mail yesterday claiming I won an amount of money. I am like you I'm going to see how far it goes BUT NOT SENDING MONEY. I will let you see what they sent me.

The UK National Lottery
    P O Box 287,
    Watford WD18 9TT
    (Customer Services)
    Ref: UK/8421X2/65
    Batch: 076/05/ZY523

We are pleased to notify you the draw (007) of the UK NATIONAL LOTTERY,Online Sweepstakes
    International Lottery Program held on 13th of July,2007. Participants were selected through a
    computer ballot system drawn from a pool of over 25,000 names of distinguished professionals drawn from all over the world.

The result of our computer draw (#978) selected your name and email address attached to e-
    ticket number:56475600545 188 with Serial number5368/02 drew the lucky numbers:
    03.15.16.19.20.24 (26 Bonus Ball), which subsequently won you the lottery in the 2nd category i.e. match 5plus bonus.

You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of £1,600,000 (One Million Six
    Hundred Thousand Pounds Sterling) in cash credited to file KTU/9023118308/03.

Contact MR.IVAN SCHNEIDER of claims unit.

Email:
    mr.ivanschneider_claimsunit@yahoo.com.hk

THIS EMAIL WAS SENT FROM THE DESK OF THE ORGANIZATION PRESIDENT OF UK NATIONS
    LOTTERY INTERNATIONAL, ON BEHALF OF UK LOTTERY GAMES 2007.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

At your disposal, we remain.
    Very Truly Yours,
    Miss.Violeta Cole
    Online Coordinator.
    ©2007 UK NATIONAL LOTTERY. All rights
    reserved.©

• Do
      19th of Aug, 2007

Got the same one. FOREIGN LOTTERIES ARE ILLEGAL and I have reported them to the FTC. Be wise!

21st of Aug, 2008

Mad! heres another email from the same scan:

Royal City Bank Of England

Our Ref#:RCBE/ACC/0502
    Your Ref #: RCBE/UK/A4-X6/00

Dated : 21. 08 . 2008

Attn: Martin Marchant

Your Mail is Well Noted and Acknowledged as i stated Before Everything is Done Online, as it is Call National Online Lottery.

I quite Understand Your Plight and Your Skepticism, But you are to be inform that You are Not the Only Winner in this Edition of the Online Lottery, as there are Four Winners including You and the Other Three Winners Have Since Send the necessary Details Required from them and their Won Lottery Funds will be Creditted into their Various Bank Account 48 Hours From Now.

For Your information, we Have been an Affiliatte to the Lottery Organisation for Years Now, ensuring Winners get their Won Lottery Funds, after meeting with our Requirement of the Payment of the Cost of Transfer.

NOTE : We the Royal City Bank of England do not Force Winners from the Lottery Organisation to claim their Won Lottery Funds, it is a choice thing, if the Winner refuse to claim His/Her Won Lottey Funds, it will be Return to the Source(Lottery Organisation).

Remember that your Account with us is a TRANSIT ACCOUNT and is only viable for Five More Days, after which it expires and the funds will be returned to source(Lottery Organisation) and for your information, you are Now the Only Winner in this Edition of the Online Lottery, who have not yet claim her Won Lottery Funds, as the Other Three will be Concluding their Claim from our Bank Tomorrow.

NOTE: You are to attach a scanned copy of either your driver's licence, international passport (photo page) or any other legally identifying document.

NOTE : BE REMEMBER THAT For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential till your WON FUNDS is CREDITTED into your Personal Bank Account, this is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program. Please be warned.

The said amount (£987, 470.00) won will be wire to your bank account You will Have to Provide When Respond to this Mail below;

BANK DETAILS;

BANK NAME :

ACCOUNT NUMBER;

SORT CODE :

BENEFICIARY NAME :

So when you are Ready, you are Mail me, so that i send the information, you will use in making the Cost of Transfer Payment.

COST OF TRANSFER (C.O.T ) FEE: £850.00

Please note that your Won Lottery Funds are insured to its full value, hence it is non deductable.

Please note that your Account with us is a TRANSIT ACCOUNT and is only viable for Five More Days, after which it expires and the funds will be returned to source.

Our credit facilities are subject to status. Further, We reserve the right to decline an account application.We believe it is important to make clear to our customers how information is being used at Royal City Bank Of England, the benefits such use provides, and the protections put in place against unauthorized access and use.

We respect your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information. Contact the undersigned to be privy for further clarification.

Treat with dispatch,
    Yours Faithfully
    Bill Newman
    Chief Financial Officer
    **Royal City Bank Of England, Registered in England No 902530.
    Registered Office: 135 Bishopsgate, London EC2M 3UR. Regulated by the Financial Services Authority. International +(44) 704 571 4942 (For Emergencies).

• Un
      4th of Sep, 2008

UK FUN LOTTO47 COLD HARBOUR LONDON, E14 9NS UNITED KINGDOM Dear Winner, We are pleased to announce you as one of the 3 lucky winners in the UK FUN LOTTO draw held on 5th of August 2008. All 3 winning addresses were randomly selected from a batch of 5, 000, 000 international emails. Your email address emerged alongside 2 others as a 3rd category winner in this month's draw. Consequently, you have therefore been approved for a total pay out of GBP 2, 000, 000 Pounds (Two million pounds) only. The following particulars are attached to your lotto payment order: (i) Winning numbers: 8, 11, 27, 34, 43, 49(ii) Serial number: 2-7-210(iii) Lotto batch number: ML-216(iv) Reference number: SQR-204-1 Please contact the under listed claims officer as soon as possible for the immediate release of your winnings: Mr.James ScottClaims Department Managerclaimsmanager2008@live.com+44 703 1898 457

24 October, 2008.

ATTN:

Regarding our phone conversations yesterday and today, I need to bring to your notice as per my discussion with the Bank Manager and other Bank Personnel:

1. That the Bank of England has refused to take responsibilities for expenses that will be incurred in the process of coming to the United Kingdom.

2. That the option of appointing a relative to sign the document here in London is not a valid option as we do not deal with third parties.

I understand your financial condition and I feel pity for you, hence, I want to notify you that I spoke with the Lawyer (Krystal Solicitors & Co. LLP) which our bank knows very well and is highly respected by the European Commission. I spoke to them and the lawyer said he can help but it will cost a small amount of money. He said it will cost 1500 GBP for him to sign the documents on your behalf.

Hence, you are left with just two options:

a). you have to come to the UK and sign the documents himself, on his own expense or
    b). To contact Krystal Solicitors & Co. LLP and have him sign the documents on your behalf as the EC Lawyer

Those are the only available options for now.

Thank you for choosing our online banking. The safest Online Banking. You can call any of our numbers below for further inquiry.

Sincerely,
    James Ferguson
    (ACCOUNTS CONTROLLER)
    Telephone: +44.7045-791-219

bluff

blufff

• De
      4th of Nov, 2008

Hi all, I am from India. In last couple of months me and my wife got around 20-25 mails regarding winning money from different different sources...We never sent any money till date n always i reply them as if i am very excited but the truth is i am trying to save some money of our young n needy generation by reveal the truth.
    I've appointed a tech person who is working to get the IP addresses for all these mails than i'll get back to you all with the result.
    My request to all of you, play with them but dont send any money, as after that they will be disappeared for ever with your hard earned money.
    Please be happy with what ever you have and mind it that no one is gonna give you money for free...

• Ci
      10th of Nov, 2008

ATTN: Halting to be a victim

Please, don't take contact with these names which sounds like James Ferguson or Bill Micheal, John Cole, susan Rigelmann, ... concerning to be a beneficiary of anything per Internet. They are all Predators in Internet, they will try to take your money for something which doesn't exist.
    Scam!!
    Take care...

• Ro
      10th of Feb, 2009

hi my name is Roshell and i've received alot of the same emails claiming that i won money .What puzzled me was that i won money but never entered a contest, and i won money and i've to pay them in order for my money to be released . Well i played with them and guesss what the suckers went so far as to send me 1, 500 in travelllers checque with instructions to go to the bank and signed them infront of the bank tellers and they send me a address in africa where i should send the money and keep 10% for myself.I laughed my head off because this is how these suckers tried to get me to committed fraud.Luckily i turned them over to the police and all the emails . I was informed later by the police that after a couple of days the bank would've found out after giving me the money that the checques were no good and i would've been left holding the bill to pay back the bank their money. so be caredul ppl there are too many ways ppl can scam u.

• Ou
      11th of Feb, 2009

Ous from The Gambia

Hi i am Ousman Mass i have been receiving similar e-mails, i never trust any of them, i only enjoy communicating with the people behind the scene just to be laughing while typing their responds.
    Sending them money or any form of collaterals are never mention at the beginning untill they suspect that you are a portential victim. With me, when it comes to asking me for certain things like sending them money or to other sources i quit, they never hear from me again. I always suspect that there is something criminal. Who will give me money for free, especially when you talk of hundreds of thausands British Pounds.

My recent predators are claiming to be from The UK National Lottery Program, I am presently exchanging correspondence with them without them knowing that I am fully aware of the intricacies of the scammers.

17th of Mar, 2009

Scam.
    sent e-mail back to see what they wanted. this was the reply. so i cut and pasted into google and found this site.

UK AND EUROPEAN UNION ONLINE NOTIFICATION DESK.
    GOVERNMENT ACCREDITED LICENSED!!!

Batch: 074/09/ZY369

WINNING NOTIFICATION

We happily announce to you the draw (#966) of the UK AND EUROPEAN UNION
    NATIONAL LOTTERY online Sweepstakes International program held on 15 of
    MARCH, 2009 HAS BEEN RELEASED.

Your e-mail address attached to ticket number : 56475600545 188 with
    Serial number 5368/02 drew the lucky numbers: 04 10 14
    21 32 49 44 Bonus Ball which subsequently won you the lottery
    in the 2nd category i.e. match 5 plus bonus.
    You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of £750, 000 (seven
    hundred and fifty thousand pounds sterlings)in cash credited to file
    KTU/9023118308/03.

This is from a total cash prize of £3, 000, 000 shared amongst the first
    four(6)lucky winners in this category i.e Match 4 plus bonus.
    All participants for the online version were selected randomly from
    WorldWide Web sites through computer draw system and extracted from over
    100, 000unions, associations, and corporate bodies that are listed online.

This promotion takes place yearly and its been sponsored by the goverment of
    the uk and the european union national lottery bodies.
    Please note that your lucky winning number falls within our European
    bookletrepresentative office in Europe as indicated in your play coupon.
    In view of this, your £750, 000 (seven hundred and fifty thousand pounds
    sterlings)would be released to you by any of ourpayment offices in Europe.

Our European agent will immediately commence the process to facilitate the
    release of your funds as soon as you contact him.
    For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information
    confidential your claim is processed and your money remitted to you in
    whatever manner you deem fit to claim your prize.

This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and
    unwarranted abuse of this program. Please be warned.
    To file for your claim, please contact our claims agent:

Mr jan van looy

International Program.
    NATIONAL LOTTERY.

• Ro
      25th of May, 2009

Yet another scam letter...be aware if sombody offer you millions of pounds just sending you e-mail by g-mail or yahoo...BANK NEVER USE SUCH E_MAILS !!! think twice ...not miracle happening so often on web... don't be misguided...buy lottert ticket !!!

The scam letter...
    Attention :Roman Klis(Your Ref #: RCBE/UK/A4-X6/00, Royal City Bank Of England)‏
    From: transferoffunds@gmail.com on behalf of Royal City Bank Of England (transfer_deptment@yahoo.co.uk)
    You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
    Sent: Monday, 25 May 2009 8:41:02 PM
    To: norman silk (romanmkl_946@hotmail.com)

Royal City Bank Of England

Your Ref #: RCBE/UK/A4-X6/00

Dated : 25.05.2009
    ;

Attn: Roman Klis

Your Mail Was Forwarded To Our Office Today By The Online Prize Department For the Transfer of Your Won Lottery Funds into Your Bank Account That You are To Send Us When Responding to This Mail That We Will Transfer Your Won Lottery Funds Into.

As you already know your email address was randomly selected along with others from over 100, 000 websites on the internet and You Do Not Need to Buy A Ticket Or Enter into the Online Lottery, as the Name Implies Online Lottery, Every thing Was Done Online.Each email address was attached to a ticket number.

Your email address: romanmkl_946@hotmail.com was selected along with four others.

The Board of Royal City Bank Of England wishes to inform you that your Account with us has been credited with the sum of £987, 470.00 by the correspondence, UK NATIONAL LOTTERY as a result of the recent sweepstakes event organized by the company and below is the Online Bank Statement of Your Account with our Bank;

Below is your Statement of Your Account

Online Statement of Accounts in our Bank(Transit Account viable for Few Days, before Transferring it into your Personal Bank Account.

Account Number: 81169771
    Account Holder Name : Roman Klis
    Account Holder Country : Australia.
    Account Type: Transit Account
    Withdrawals
    Deposits
    Transfers

Current Balance: £987, 470.00

Your winning has been deposited as Bonds in a Transit Account in this Bank, and insured to its full value. The said amount (£987, 470.00) won will be wire to your Bank Account That You Will Have To Send To Us When Responding to This Mail in The Format Below;

BANK DETAILS;

BANK NAME :

ACCOUNT NUMBER:

BENEFICIARY NAME :

Royal City Bank Of England is regulated by the United Kingdom Bank Policy and you are to follow the regulation of the Bank. The Executive Council of Royal City Bank Of England requires that the ( C.O.T)COST OF TRANSFER to be payable to the Accounts Department. This amount is a security deposite required for the release of your Funds to your personal Bank Account, so when you are Ready, you are Mail me, so that i send the information, you will use in making the Cost of Transfer Payment.

COST OF TRANSFER (C.O.T ) FEE: £1000

On receipt of the correspondence you have to contact this office immediately so as to illuminate details of payment to you for the subsequent disbursement of the fund to your designitated account.This will take 48 hours upon confirmation of payment.or if you prefer to bank with us then we will be grateful to give you our services. When you bank with Royal City Bank Of England, no matter what stage of your career or life you're at, you may benefit from a wealth management service that includes banking, investment and financial planning expertise delivered in a personal way.

NOTE: That your prize is protected by a hardcover insurance policy, which makes it impossible to deduct any amount from the money before it has been remitted to you. This means that the above charges cannot be deducted from the funds and hence must be provided by you before your funds is transferred to you.

Please note that your Account with us is a TRANSIT ACCOUNT and is only viable for Four More Days, after which it expires and the funds will be returned to source.

The Satisfaction, peace of mind and fulfilment of our Customers' needs and expectations remain our sole passion, commitment and reason for our existence. Focusing on our Customers, we ensure we deliver PERFECT Banking services.

We give our Customers the Best of our Services.

Treat with dispatch,
    Yours Faithfully
    Bill Newman
    Chief Financial Officer
    **Royal City Bank Of England, Registered in England No 902530.

Greetings
    Roman

• Gu
      1st of Jun, 2009

WARNING: Please be aware that the fake banks, lotteries and companies on this list are used by dangerous criminals. We don't encourage anyone to engage in any form of communications with them. If you chose to communicate with them, for whatever reasons, you will be doing so at your own risk.

WWW.funds-transfer.org

Url http://www.funds-transfer.org
    Domain funds-transfer.org
    IpAddress 72.55.156.239
    Site Name FUNDS TRANSFER ORGANIZATION
    Web Host www.funds-transfer.org = [72.55.156.239] = [server12.nvhserver.com] = iWeb Dedicated CL; abuse#noc.privatedns.com
    Status active
    Whois Domain ID:D151998794-LROR
    Domain Name:FUNDS-TRANSFER.ORG
    Created On:13-Mar-2008 06:15:16 UTC
    Last Updated On:22-Jan-2009 08:04:40 UTC
    Expiration Date:13-Mar-2010 06:15:16 UTC
    Sponsoring Registrar:Directi Internet Solutions Pvt. Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com (R27-LROR)
    Status:OK
    Updated 2009-05-26 05:59

• Ud
      13th of Jul, 2009

Fake Sites Database

WARNING: Please be aware that the following fake company is used by dangerous criminals. We don't encourage anyone to engage in any form of communications with them. If you chose to communicate with them, for whatever reasons, you will be doing so at your own risk.

Back to List
    Domain Name:FUNDS-TRANSFER.ORG
    Created On:13-Mar-2008 06:15:16 UTC

• In
      20th of Jul, 2009

WARNING: Please be aware that the fake company below is used by dangerous criminals. We don't encourage anyone to engage in any form of communications with them. If you chose to communicate with them, for whatever reasons, you will be doing so at your own risk.
    Please, take a look at a message sent by these people to me.

Remark: The Office's address they mentionned does not exist anyway.

OFFICE OF THE TREASURY
    FUNDS TRANSFER ORGANIZATION
    213 REGENT STREET
    LONDON

Office: +44.7005-938-269
    Fax: +44.7006-028-395

Email: info@funds-transfer.org
    =================================================

While trying to investigate clear information on your previous grant fund that was pending transfer, the Funds Transfer Organization could not get the complete details of the transaction or reasons why you were unable to complete the transfer of your funds.

Because of our targeted goal as stated on our website: http://www.funds-transfer.org we are working so hard to ensure complete transparency in all transactions across the United Kingdom as well as help all victims of FRAUD/SCAM retrieve their lost cash or funds sent to the United Kingdom.

We seek your assistance in helping us Save the world and restore the economic condition to a suitable state. For this reason, we urge you to contact us to follow-up your case using our legal representatives and our Legal office in the UK to get your funds directly to you.

If you are very sure that your funds were blocked or cancelled, lost in FRAUD or SCAM, then do not hold back. Contact our office to help you release/retrieve you blocked or lost funds respectively.

Upon receipt of your email, we will assign a legal representative from the Funds Transfer Organization to follow up with your request.

As clearly stated on our website: PLEASE, NOTE THAT WE WILL REPORT ANY SUSPECTED ACTIVITY/TRANSACTION TO THE FBI FOR INVESTIGATION

Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this regard.

Sincerely,

+44 7035-963-351

• Au
      25th of Jan, 2010

i received a message from my mail box emmanuelalexander23@yahoo.com
    saying i have won the lottery prize is it true

• Me

873 Canada Square
    London
    alliedirishbank.plc2@yahoo.co.uk
    Tel: +44 703 197 0756

Dear: Iman mahmoud elsayed abou elwafa,

You are welcome to Allied Irish Bank United Kingdom The payment Bank for BRITISH NATIONAL LOTTERY. We are pleased to be at your service. We are Regulated and Stipulated by the Financial Service Authority (FSA), the financial institutions that govern all financial activities in the United Kingdom.

Please note that we are still in possession of your winning funds from the BRITISH NATIONAL LOTTERY, However I wish to inform you that you are to go ahead and effect the payment for the Bank To Bank Transfer option which is £ 360 (Three Hundred And Sixty Pounds Only ). to our Account Officer VIA WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER IN YOUR LOCATION:

To make payment find below the payment guildlines which should be made through WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER to our account officer:

Account officer: Mrs. Linda Patrick
    Address: 873 Canada Square
    London E14 5HQ
    United Kingdom.
    Amount Sent: 360 Pounds

As soon as you have made the payment, kindly send to us via email the scanned payment slip.

Also write through email the following which is on your slip:

1) Name of sender:
    2) Address of sender:
    3) MTCN (Control Number)
    4) Amount sent:
    5) Country from which payment was made:
    6) Test question and answer if any required.

BANK TO BANK TRANSFER: This is the Direct Bank Transfer that will enable you receive your money in any account that you will provide for this Bank to effect the transfer as it is always done electronically and it will take 3 WORKING DAYS reflect in the account that you shall provide.

Please Note that as soon as you effect the payment for the Bank To Bank Transfer option you are to provide to this office a scan copy of the payment slip for easy confirmation of payment

We look forward to serving you better.

Best Regards,
    Sir Thomas Cox
    Chief Operation Officer.
    For: Allied Irish Bank.
    The Approved Bank for BRITISH NATIONAL LOTTERY.
    Copyright © 2010. All rights reserved.

**Allied Irish Bank United Kingdom, Registered in United Kingdom
    Registered Office: 873 Canada Square London E14 5HQ
    Regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Confidentiality Note:

The information contained in this message is confidential and/or privileged. This message is intended to be read only by the person named above.The unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly prohibited. If you are not the addressee, (or responsible for delivery of the message to the addressee), please notify the originator by return message and destroy the original message.