The Tranny Shop / Chopped my car and refused to allow me to pay for it

I first had a transmission issue that needed repair before my family trip to NC and Don at the Tranny shop is the only shop that guaranteed that it will be done on time no Q's asked.He claimed he wanted the job and we would be able to pay by credit card.

Each time I called the following day, he said that 5 pm you'll be able to pick up the car;however come 5 pm he said it'll be done in 3 days. I asked him what happened he said:"### you, you ###en SPIC piece of ### Do you know who I am, I will kill you or have you killed!".Your car is going to be in pieces on the street and you can't do ### about it you fuken c ker!" At this point I was in shock, but had to worry about my family.

We had rented a car.We got a call from his son "Mark" following Tues stating, your car is perfect and you can pick it up. I mentioned before I would not be back in town until Saturday. we went to pick up the car on the trip back from NC and requested a police officer to be there to witness their transaction. When DON the owner saw the officer, he slammed the door and ran out stating that they were closed and in front of the officer, called my entire family "A bunch of ck s=king ### pieces of s" then ran off almost hitting the officer.

I am a business owner in NPB Fl. I do not speak to my clients in this manner ever. If this is how I conducted business, I would be out of business. I then get a call from Marc stating we will only accept cash we dot accept credit cards and you are required to come with 2 thousand dollars in cash or you'll never see your car in one piece again!"

Finally this morning, I called the son up to tell him The banks are not open till 9 and Marc says" I don't give a ### you had your chance,This is my car now!". The reason I could not contact him earlier, is because his cell phone was disconnected.

They are broke and believe they sound scary enough to steal from people. I hope that nobody will ever have to deal with these nasty disgusting people who threatened my life ever again.

Finally, I called to give them a final chance and said I was gonna come by for the last time with the 2000 dollar payment, they turned and said " It's my ###en car now and they attempted to call FORD and Reported that I Abandoned my car and requested payment of 4,000 USD for work done.

They then proceeded to call me stating that "your transmission is now gone and your car is being sold. If you want the car itself without the transmission, I want five thousand cash by noon!" The Police and the FORD legal team both know the actual events and they are now pressing charges for false reports and possibly grand theft auto against the Tranny Shop.

Va

Comments

• Va
      4th of Jan, 2007

A shop cannot place a lien on a vehicle without the owner of the vehicle being notified in writing, certified mail, by a title company. The owner then has 10 days to pay the bill.

Nothing about your story makes any sense, since going to jail for car theft is not what a shop owner tries to do.

I have a gut feeling you tried a scam with your credit card, and the shop then insisted on cash. When you tries some other way of getting the vehicle back, after the work was done, things got real ugly.

I had one once. The woman kept calling badgering me about a tranny rebuild. Called 5 times/day. I kept telling her the car would be done on the 3rd day. That day came and went. I even missed my grandfather's funeral to get her car done on time. The calls stopped on the 4th day, after I told her she was supposed to pick up the car the previous day. A week later, she tried to scam me out of the bill. Had another one do it last month.

Try the story again, and this time make it sound at least a little more realistic.

• Va
      4th of Jan, 2007

Dear sir, I respect your comment; however, I am absolutely not indigent. I am a very well off business owner and this is definately not my only car. The fact remains that when I walked into their shop and there was absolutely zero activity, I should have known better. WHen their telephones were disconnected 3 days later, I should have been extremely weary. The extra car is not a major concern so I was blind to these facts. The car was needed for one trip. The bottom line is, you are absolutely correct in regard to the lien and registration thereof.

I now know this due to the fact that the individual I speak to that represents the credit company stated what this man claimed "was illegal and we are now getting our legal department involved". His claims were made out of anger when I asked why his phones were disconnected. He then called me yesterday after he received a call from the lawyers in reference to his 4k claim and requested 2500 from me (now only 500 over the contract) because he said when I made him angry, I "Made him remove the transmission".It was a clear case of racial profiling. Maybe I should have worn a suit; however, I showed up straight from the gym.

The point is not the problem I am involved with because it really is nobody elses problem besides myself, my lawyer, the shop, the credit company and their legal team; however, I do not want anyone else to have to go through the nightmare I have for a silly Transmission. Thanks again for your comment.

• Al
      2nd of May, 2007

Marcus, you are an idiot