The Timeshare Network / Dishonest Sales practices

1 1440 State HW 248 Suuite Q 203Branson, MO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-877-781-2352

This company has called me twice offering to rent my timeshare week for me at double the average online rental rate. They said they received my name and number from my timeshare group, Mayan Palace. They said they were authorized by them to rent these weeks. They asked for an initiation fee of $799 the first time. When I told them I had lost money in a scam corp. just like theirs they said Mayan Palace would pay down my initiation fee the money I lost to Resorts international Marketing Corp. They next time a new salesperson called, they said the fee was $899 but on special for $549. They claim Mayan Palace authorized their service. I confirmed with Mayan Palace today they do not authorize this company or make referrals to them or do any business with them. This company is using dishonest sales practices and the public should be warned as they may never see a rental for their initiation fee from a company who bold face lies.

More The Timeshare Network Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Da
      7th of Jun, 2008

I also have been contacted by The TimeShare Network sales personnel, They claim that Mayan Palace had given them my information. They are buying information somewhere as they have my mobile number but old information about what I own. I suspect they got the information from Resorts International who burned me several years ago. I asked them to email me information and the offer looks like the Resorts International offer.

• Ro
      30th of Jun, 2008

I got a call from someone named Melinda Williams who talks really fast and said she was calling from "The TimeShare Network" and kept mentioning about Mayan Palace is their affiliate program.

It looked kind of supicious when she sent me infomation about the offer by using her dot mac address. If a company dealing with millions of dollars, how could a representative having a home-brew email address...then I did a Google search of the 1-877-781-2352 phone number, and found the complaints on this wonderful website, https://www.complaintsboard.com.

Never trust anyone on the phone...ask for documents in black & white sent to you by mail, and spend time to do your own research. Don't learn it the HARD way!!!

• Ka
      4th of Aug, 2008

I did learn it the hard way. "Melinda" leterally hounded me to list my time share. Called me numerous times on my land line and tracked me down on my cell at all hours. I gave into the pressure. After several months I called the toll free number.I got a recorded message saying that it was something called a Marketing Group and I should leave a message. I called the regular listed number and nobody answered the call.Iam beginning to wonder if the company even exists. By the way the welcoming letter was signed by a "Luke Anthony, President". I wish there are legal ways to go after these so called Time share Resale and rental companies. Comments welcome.

• Ar
      3rd of Sep, 2008

Thanks for the tip and postings. As a timeshare owner in the Mayan arena I am always hoping that someone is going to rescue my bad investment. I love the resorts but wouldn't it be great if someone
    rented your weeks and you made a tidy profit? That is the bait...remember we are not that lucky..
    Melinda just called me and I checked her out. I found this useful information..

• Di
      11th of Sep, 2008

My call was from "Phyllis" and I took them up on their offer to the tune of $349.00 to sell or rent my Vegas timeshare. That was in July. Today, I check the Discountweeks website and my timeshare was not listed (as promised) under the Vegas site. I called the # listed and talked with a lady who assured me that the problem would be corrected. We'll see. It's too bad that people can't be trusted.

30th of Sep, 2008

I totally disagree with the comments listed. The Timeshare Network rented my condo in 12 weeks after I signed up! I received a call first just like they said and within 3 days I had my rental check in hand. They were very professional the whole entire time that I was on the phone, never did they steer me wrong, I have my check to prove it. Great going !!!

30th of Sep, 2008

I want to thank The Timeshare Network they called me too, but at first I was hesitant and I figured what the heck, what do I have to loose nothing really, my main concern was to get it rented and yes they did it for me also, I received a call on a friday to confirm that I was not using my timeshare they called the resort made reservation and within the week I had my check, not only was I plesantly surprised by their courteous and professional way that they dealt with me and my husband. They rented my condo, I received my check and I will do business with them again.

• Ro
      4th of Nov, 2008

I got a call from "Phyllis" as well. She pitched to me that Europeans go on long vacations so they don't have enough weeks to rent, and that they work with travel agencies in Europe. She quoted me a rental rate that is more than twice the going rates at internet, and asked for $549 fees. I asked for something in writing, and the e-mail address she sent from is a yahoo account. I got suspecious and found all these postings on this website. A company that is established enough to work with international travel agencies can't possibly have no business e-mail address. Beware of timeshare scams!

• Pa
      13th of Feb, 2009

I learned the hard way, too! DON'T DO IT! Melinda repeatedly called us, as well. We lost $549 and we disputed it on our credit card bill because we said we wouldn't agree until we saw the contract, however, Melinda stated she had to have the credit card number to place on the contract and then mail it to us to sign on 10/23/08. The Timeshare Network never bought the postage for the envelope until 10/31/08 and we didn't receive it until 11/07/08. We immediately called TTN to state that we wouldn't be signing up. Melinda said, "you won't be signing up now?" I said, no and I will be mailing you the voided/canceled contracts with NO Signatures on them. I later found out they charged our credit card anyway and now we have been disputing the charge with the credit card company. The credit card company states that "The Timeshare Network" who charged $549 under "Resort Advertising Net" says that they have provided documentation stating they have a 14 day cancellation policy and we cancelled after 14 days, so the credit card company can't help us now. How can we cancel before 14 days if we never received the contract, especially when they never even bought the postage until 10/31/08. They don't have an office in Branson, Missouri and Melinda is a Bold Face LIAR! I want my $549 back! DO NOT LIST with this company!!!

• Go
      30th of Jun, 2009

Hi Diane and Cristina,
    We would really appreciate if you give us the opportunity to contact you and clarify your issues with our firm, as the personnel for Gonzalez & Gonzalez is highly trained and supervised; and we can assure you that none of our customers have been attacked in any way.
    Looking through the files and data base of our company we do not show any record under the name of ¨Diane Jersey¨ and/or ¨Cristine ----¨, who are the people complaining and defaming against the firm.
    After 15 years of experience we knew some day this will happen, being conscious of this we back up ourselves by recording every incoming and outgoing telephone call.
    In case of the existence of a recorded conversation with you under another name, we would like to expose it to the internet community to prove the opposite of the complaints made on June 30th against Gonzalez & Gonzalez to discard the fact that the post was exposed by our competitors or from the timeshare developers full of frustration by our advocacy and success on the resolution of the cases handled at Gonzalez & Gonzalez.
    Also, Gonzalez and Gonzalez has never charged such exaggerated retainer fees, we have a long list of satisfied customers who support our firm, with identifications to validate their existence and able to show their satisfaction by the success in the resolution of their cases.
    Gonzalez & Gonzalez counts with ample evidence, to show the Internet community and guarantee that there is no existence of this type of situation in our firm.
    Respectfully,
    Jose Gonzalez

• Ev
      6th of Sep, 2009

I was scammed by Melinda Williams from Timeshare Network. I had received some information and can't find it now. If there is any recourse to this company please let me know. I have lost 549.00 and am unhappy with the results. My fault for signing on with them. DO NOT EVER SIGN ON WITH THIS COMPANY. IT IS A SCAM.
    Respectfully
    Evelyn Gilbert

• Bu
      28th of Sep, 2009

I was scammed by these peopel as well. and come to find out they just charge my card $79.99! Does anyone have a number for them? Those of you who say they are legit, how about a valid phone number so i can get my money back??

Thanks,

• Wi
      12th of Oct, 2009

Just found a 69.99 charge on my credit card and we haven't even spoken to these people. The phone number that the credit card company had ended up being for RCI (who we do legit business with) they showed no charges to us since 2008. We have recieved some recorded sales calls recently that I have just hung up on.

• My
      20th of Oct, 2009

Just found a 69.99 charge on my credit card as well and I've never even heard of this company. When I called the number on my bill, it went straight to voicemail. I called VISA and am getting my money back!!

• Do
      13th of Jan, 2011

International Timeshare Network or ITN in Orlando, Fl ripped me off of $495.00, and will not refund my money. I am charging back and I complained to the attorney general. INTNLtimesharenetwork.com 877-312-8966. Fraud company ripped me off.

• De
      23rd of Jan, 2017

OH dear! I just run into this forum, I SOOOO invite you to read this article,

I think It will pretty much say everything that needs to be say.
    I went through a horrible experience with this resort, and I'm out of three thousand dollars right now BUT I'm in a process to cancel my timeshare.