The Technology Center / Poor technical support and service

1 Bonita Springs, FL, United States

I requested technical support in setting up a new computer. The representative came to my home and was unable to trouble shoot some initial file transfers from an old computer. They erased my hard drive promising to return it to new condition and took my computer to their shop. Upon return the screen flashed intermittiently and much of the software that came pre installed was not installed. They took no responsibility for the flashing screen and said it must have been broken before they took it. The built in Web Cam and Microphone did not work because they did not reinstall the original Drivers. I had to call the manufacturer to get tech support over the telephone to get the computer working properly again. When the manufacturer's (DELL) telephone tech support people restored the original drivers the computer worked fine. The Technology Center was very inexperienced in setting up Dell Computers. I did learn a great deal about computer set up by having to solve the technical issues on my own. They did charge me the full amount for their time ($40/Hr/ $280. total) They were not the least bit apologetic that my computer was not working properly.